The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worse failed attempt at creating a draw.

+8
Adam D
theundisputedY2D2
Kay Fabe
Dr Gregory House MD
JoshSansom
The Awesome Giz
Crimey
Brady12
12 posters

Go down

Worse failed attempt at creating a draw. Empty Worse failed attempt at creating a draw.

Post by Brady12 Sun 21 Aug 2011, 8:49 pm

Who is the most notorious star which the WWE put all their time, resources, money and push into that didn't amount to Jack for them in investment returns or cultural significance?

I'd have to say Lex Luger. The man had his fans and the WWE pushed him to the moon but down the line he's most known for being the guy that jumped ship on the first episode of Nitro.

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Worse failed attempt at creating a draw. Empty Re: Worse failed attempt at creating a draw.

Post by Crimey Sun 21 Aug 2011, 8:54 pm

Bobby Lashley? He was pushed pretty hard only to walk away just as the trigger was finally being pulled.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Worse failed attempt at creating a draw. Empty Re: Worse failed attempt at creating a draw.

Post by Brady12 Sun 21 Aug 2011, 9:02 pm

Lashley is a decent shout from more recent times. Luger however was pushed to the moon as the next Hulk Hogan & flopped more dramatically than the XFL

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by The Awesome Giz Sun 21 Aug 2011, 10:01 pm

Drew McIntyre? He was pushed as the next Lesnar until he flopped.

Chris Masters could be another he was massively built up when he debuted.

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Sun 21 Aug 2011, 10:16 pm

As a future prediction, what price Sin Cara (original) being added to this list in a couple of years time?

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sun 21 Aug 2011, 10:45 pm

Vladimir Kozlov, a near year long undefeated streak and wins over Triple H, Jeff Hardy and The Undertaker did less to get this guy over than tagging with a fake Itallian

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Sun 21 Aug 2011, 11:44 pm

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:Vladimir Kozlov, a near year long undefeated streak and wins over Triple H, Jeff Hardy and The Undertaker did less to get this guy over than tagging with a fake Itallian

I think we have the most serious contender to the captain of the Lex Express!

I forgot how he was booked when he debuted!

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 22 Aug 2011, 3:49 pm

Diesel, pushed to the moon, couldn't draw flies if he had fire then left the WWF high and dry

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Mon 22 Aug 2011, 8:37 pm

Whilst not any worse than those already mentioned, I'd say Ken Kennedy deserves to be among those on the list.

From Day 1 this guy was pushed to the moon, with hopes high amongst WWE bigwigs that he'd be the next Austin/Rock level performer.

Through a combination of injuries and his own stupidity he never hit the heights that he was predicted to reach.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 22 Aug 2011, 8:39 pm

How about a personal favourite of mine - Heidenreich. Rubbish on all levels but was good at poetry.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Mon 22 Aug 2011, 8:42 pm

Hobo wrote:How about a personal favourite of mine - Heidenreich. Rubbish on all levels but was good at poetry.

And bumming Michael Cole.

Yeah Heidenreich was awful, remember when they tried making him into a Road Warrior along with Animal? He jumped at the sound of his own pyro going off during the Smackdown tribute show for Eddie Guerrero! Says it all really.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 22 Aug 2011, 9:26 pm

Repackaged more times than a prize for pass the parcel.

Whilst we are on the topic of big, ugly useless men, what happened to Snitsky?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 23 Aug 2011, 10:53 am

The Awesome Giz wrote:he was massively built up when he debuted.

That was the problem. *rimshot*

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Awesome Giz Tue 23 Aug 2011, 3:04 pm

Snitsky went unbeaten for a year if I remember rightly.

Mr Kennedy was due a massive push aswell before he blew it.

BigDaddy V is another everytime he was repackaged he was pushed only to flop, King Mabel anyone?

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Thu 25 Aug 2011, 10:29 am

A-Train/Albert. I still have a little chuckle to myself when I remember the 'shave your back' chants.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu 25 Aug 2011, 10:48 am

liverbnz wrote:A-Train/Albert. I still have a little chuckle to myself when I remember the 'shave your back' chants.

He is doing well in Japan now though, and has improved a lot. I think there is a chance he may come back to the WWE. Whether he would draw this time remains to be seen.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Thu 25 Aug 2011, 11:24 am

How old is Albert now?

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Thu 25 Aug 2011, 11:28 am

xTwisTx wrote:
liverbnz wrote:A-Train/Albert. I still have a little chuckle to myself when I remember the 'shave your back' chants.

He is doing well in Japan now though, and has improved a lot. I think there is a chance he may come back to the WWE. Whether he would draw this time remains to be seen.

I would doubt it. He is very hard to care about as he has very little personaility. Neither does he appeal to kids or women because of his look. He's decent in the ring and can move well for a big man but would always rely heavily on a gimmick to get over.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 25 Aug 2011, 11:39 am

I think he could work in a smash mouth enforcer role. Hell, hes never going to main event, but he would do well helping a cowardly heel character get over. Put him with Tyson Kidd.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down