The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Best Boxing Coverage Over the Years

+10
Adam D
zx1234
TopHat24/7
eddyfightfan
Daz
The Galveston Giant
Scottrf
Fists of Fury
Rowley
Michaels, Sean
14 posters

Go down

Best Boxing Coverage Ever

The Best Boxing Coverage Over the Years Vote_lcap0%The Best Boxing Coverage Over the Years Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
The Best Boxing Coverage Over the Years Vote_lcap13%The Best Boxing Coverage Over the Years Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 2 ]
The Best Boxing Coverage Over the Years Vote_lcap0%The Best Boxing Coverage Over the Years Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
The Best Boxing Coverage Over the Years Vote_lcap69%The Best Boxing Coverage Over the Years Vote_rcap 69% 
[ 11 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
The Best Boxing Coverage Over the Years Vote_lcap6%The Best Boxing Coverage Over the Years Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
The Best Boxing Coverage Over the Years Vote_lcap12%The Best Boxing Coverage Over the Years Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 16

Poll closed

The Best Boxing Coverage Over the Years Empty The Best Boxing Coverage Over the Years

Post by Michaels, Sean Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:44 pm

Just a quick poll. A decision must be made on the channel at its prime! For instance Big Time Boxing (IMO) is deemed as Prime ITV. Feel free to quote memorable shows......
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

The Best Boxing Coverage Over the Years Empty Re: The Best Boxing Coverage Over the Years

Post by Rowley Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:48 pm

Have voted Sky, don't care for their PPV as they tend to try and turn them into events and disregard the undercard but Saturday or Friday fight nights tend to be very decent (and in HD hint, hint primetime) and since they jettisoned the WBU, IBO intercontinental belt nonsense the match ups tend to be decent. Could quibble over individual cards or commentators analysts but without Sky's commitment to the sport over the last few years it does not bear thinking about the state the domestic game would be in

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

The Best Boxing Coverage Over the Years Empty Re: The Best Boxing Coverage Over the Years

Post by Fists of Fury Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:50 pm

Sky for me, also.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:50 pm

Out of those, ESPN. But the answer is HBO.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:54 pm

HBO is the daddy but Sky 2nd and then Showtime.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:00 pm

ESPN friday night fights is the best show. Good analysis with Atlas and Tessitore - great guests (they had Hopkins and Ward past 2 weeks), entertaining fights and good boxing news and replays of big fights around the world. Brian Kenny and Dan Rafael also add to the news too.

Shame its finished till next year really.

Sky is getting better all the time but ESPN but on a better show for me.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:02 pm

I was always a big fan of ITV Big Time Boxing. Eubank and Benn's early days. May be nostalgia but they get my vote. Remember it is channels at thier 'PRIME'
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:02 pm

sky, although i watch 99% of my boxing through youtube or other such internet base devices if im honest. absolutly love the ringside episodes they do though, wish another channel would do something similar.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:07 pm

You can't vote for yourself Primetime!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by zx1234 Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:43 pm

if we're talking in their prime then i'd say itv it has had most of the big british fighters of the past 25 years and when boxing was on terrestrial it was never more popular

zx1234

http://www.footballbetting365.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:49 pm

I think this is harsh on channel 5, as they have only had one fight ith no undercard.

For what its worth, I thought the Fury v Chisora coverage was very good.

I went for ITV at its prime - the good old days of Eubank v.....

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:51 pm

Boxing was better when it was on regular tv

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:25 pm

I went for Sky but it's HBO no one else comes close. ESPN is good Atlas/Kenny and Rafael are very good and Tessitore is a good blow by blow man. The standard of match ups on the show lets it down imo. Obviously their are exceptions to the rule like Rodriguez/Wolak but on the whole I find the match making to be below par.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:29 pm

In a global sense it's HBO by an absolute mile but domestically it's Sky by a fair distance at the moment although it was ITV who garnered the most interest in boxing during the early 90's.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleD22 Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:33 pm

Got to be Sky for me not even for the big PPV fights but your Friday fight nights ticks the boxes for me. Also it has a good range of fights from world level to domestic up and comers.

DoubleD22

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:22 pm

p2p have some good fights, JOKE

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:45 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:In a global sense it's HBO by an absolute mile but domestically it's Sky by a fair distance at the moment although it was ITV who garnered the most interest in boxing during the early 90's.

This is what I mean. I think ITV was, at its prime, the best. Best fights, great viewing times and a real sense of britishness about the fights.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down