The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boxers to keep an eye on?

+15
AlexHuckerby
Liam_Main
Gentleman01
Sugar Floyd Louis
trottb
Seanusarrilius
Rowley
Waingro
eddyfightfan
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Daz
Scottrf
School Project
BALTIMORA
two_tone
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Boxers to keep an eye on?  - Page 2 Empty Boxers to keep an eye on?

Post by two_tone Thu 25 Aug 2011, 12:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

Who would people suggest are the boxers to keep an eye at the moment and why, who perhaps don't receive as much attention as they deserve? Mainly meaning the up and coming boxers but any who have been in the sport a while and havent received the chances or garnered the same following some of the other boxers out have would be welcome too...

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Boxers to keep an eye on?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Boxers to keep an eye on?

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 27 Aug 2011, 11:51 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:Kazuto Iota is a minimumweight from Japan he's only 22 and won the WBC title in only his 7th fight against the decent Oleydong Sithsamerchai handing him his first defeat in nearly 40 fights and stopping him in the process. He's since defended against Juan Hernandez earlier this month and is a real talent.

He is a very classy boxer with excellent hand and foot speed along with excellent head and foot movement. His defence looks very good along with enough power to back up his opponents without being a concussive puncher.

Think thats the first minimumweight fighter I have heard of, pretty shocking

He's a talent but at 22 I can't see him being a minimumweight very long, he's about 5ft 6 so should have no problem moving up maybe even all the way to bantamweight.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 27 Aug 2011, 11:58 pm

I'd imagine minimum weights are just stick men!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 28 Aug 2011, 12:02 am

They aren't big boys but usually very entertaining and quick and surprisingly heavy handed for such small men. Not all of them of course but their is as many big hitters as you get at any weight with the exception of the cruisers/heavies.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 28 Aug 2011, 12:07 am

Doesn't suprise me, they will have bags of speed and it's usually the shots you don't see that end a fight.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by kevchadders Tue 30 Aug 2011, 1:01 pm

David Price at heavy.

With the Klits boys not too far way from retirement he could just be hitting the heavyweight scene at the right time.

Still green with just 11 pro fights, and there is plenty he needs to improve on, but has the physical attributes needed at heavy and with the right trainer he could go very far. Needs to prove himself domestically first.

kevchadders

Back to top Go down

Post by tommyhearnsprodigalson Tue 30 Aug 2011, 1:12 pm

I agree about David Price has got everything for me with the exception of fight experience i mean 11 fights since turning pro!!! cant wait to see how he fairs against the underated in my opinion John Mcdermott, me personally i see big John getting stopped in the 6th but you never know, look what he did to that other prospect Larry Olubwino in the 1st round although he wasn't the best

tommyhearnsprodigalson

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 30 Aug 2011, 1:24 pm

prettyboykev wrote:They aren't big boys but usually very entertaining and quick and surprisingly heavy handed for such small men. Not all of them of course but their is as many big hitters as you get at any weight with the exception of the cruisers/heavies.

Ricardo Lopez campaigned at Strawweight, or Minimumweight, whatever you want to call it. He was a tremendous puncher and in my opinion, one of the finest exponents of box/fighting that I have ever seen. Front foot, back foot, counter-punching, handspeed, defense, punching power, ring generalship, he had the lot. I watched my first fight on TV in 1986, and I don't think I have seen a classier fighter since.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 30 Aug 2011, 1:27 pm

Lopez was very special. Undoubtedly one of the greats of the lower weights. I had him top 3 of my all time Flyweights.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Wed 31 Aug 2011, 12:41 am

HW boxing - domestic/Euro level.

Perez, Wilder.

Then the level above - Price, Fury, Chisora (Britain's answer to Foreman, Ali and Frazier respectively*)

Then the level above - Helenius and Boytsov.

Some good fights around in the HW division. I'd like to see more of Boytsov. Before hand surgery he looked a devastating puncher.

* Before anybody shouts at me - I wasn't being serious.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2