The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your chance to watch Mayweather vs Ortiz for free!

+6
Scottrf
coxy0001
The Galveston Giant
Adam D
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Fists of Fury
10 posters

Go down

Your chance to watch Mayweather vs Ortiz for free! Empty Your chance to watch Mayweather vs Ortiz for free!

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 25 Aug 2011, 3:34 pm

Boxing fans

As you probably now know, the return to the ring of Floyd 'Money' Mayweather against WBC Welterweight champion 'Vicious' Victor Ortiz is all set for September 17th 2011 in Las Vegas.

It has recently been announced that this bout will be available to UK fans through the PPV network Primetime. Owing to 606v2's affiliation with Primetime, and the growing relationship between the two parties, they have kindly given 606v2 members the chance to get a refund on the £14.95 cost of this PPV event.

To be eligible for this refund, you simply have to sign up for the Primetime stream of the fight through this link Primetime Website. We have 5 free passes to give away and we will give 1 refund for every 5 people who sign up, up to a maximum of 5 free passes. In other words, if 10 people sign up we will give 2 passes, if 21 sign up, we will give 4 passes. A random name will then be drawn from each 5 signups we get, and those members will have the £14.95 PPV cost credited back to their account by Primetime.

The benefit that 606v2 as a forum gets from any of our members signing up through our exclusive link with Primetime is a small percentage of the PPV cost, which will be put toward the maintenance of the site. Should there be any surplus, the money will be put toward advertising for 606v2.

Being in Las Vegas, it is highly likely that this fight will be live at between 4am and 5am UK time, however Primetime have assured us that any streams purchased will also be available for the repeats of the fight, and as such you don't have to worry quite so much about falling asleep and missing it all!

Good luck to those that enter the draw, and if you are intending to buy this PPV then please do so through the 606v2 link Primetime Website as the money will go a long way in helping the forum deal with maintenance costs, whilst not costing you any more than it would have done originally - and who knows, you might just get your money back!

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Your chance to watch Mayweather vs Ortiz for free! Empty Re: Your chance to watch Mayweather vs Ortiz for free!

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 25 Aug 2011, 3:44 pm

I want to watch through my T.V so would I be ineligible to enter?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Your chance to watch Mayweather vs Ortiz for free! Empty Re: Your chance to watch Mayweather vs Ortiz for free!

Post by Adam D Thu 25 Aug 2011, 3:47 pm

No the word stream is refering to the broadcast.

If you click the link and go through, it gives you the option to input your sky card details etc.

So it will apply to both.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 25 Aug 2011, 3:54 pm

I can't buy things through my Sky TV and have to phone. Primetime say once you phone them for the first time through Sky there will be a one off charge. Would anybody be able to tell me how much all in it is for, the event, the phone call to Primetime, the one off charge, and then my phonecall to Sky? Thanks.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 25 Aug 2011, 4:02 pm

Are you not able to buy it online, Galv? You just need your Sky details to do so, I think, and then it will be activated on your TV. Or have I misunderstood you?

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 25 Aug 2011, 4:03 pm

http://www.primetimelive.co.uk/faq/

If you do it online, you shouldnt need to pay for the phone calls.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 25 Aug 2011, 4:28 pm

On way home lads, will get a good look when I get home and get back to you, too hard to do on my phone the writings tiny
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 25 Aug 2011, 4:45 pm

TGG - PM waiting for you as well. (dont worry - its nothing bad!)

Have a good evening OK

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 25 Aug 2011, 4:54 pm

Can i ask, will Offcom be overseeing this "giveaway" after the shambles last time round with people entering 3 week after it'd closed etc?! Wink

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 25 Aug 2011, 5:48 pm

Hobo wrote:TGG - PM waiting for you as well. (dont worry - its nothing bad!)

Have a good evening OK
Laugh Got it mate cheers. thumbsup
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 25 Aug 2011, 6:03 pm

Anyone else expect a link to boxingguru?

Only kidding, i'll buy it if I'm home, looking forward to it.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 25 Aug 2011, 8:33 pm

The Galveston Giant wrote:I can't buy things through my Sky TV and have to phone. Primetime say once you phone them for the first time through Sky there will be a one off charge. Would anybody be able to tell me how much all in it is for, the event, the phone call to Primetime, the one off charge, and then my phonecall to Sky? Thanks.

I registered with primetime when they started broadcasting boxing and just order through my T.V now. Their was a one off registration fee but nothing extra since then.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 25 Aug 2011, 8:53 pm

just to clarify, if you order through your tv, you will not be eligible for a refund in this competition and it doesnt help the forum costs.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Fri 26 Aug 2011, 9:14 am

Nice one! Good work chaps! Waiting for payday before I order.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Fri 26 Aug 2011, 10:03 am

I'm on Virgin and I cannot buy through the link mad

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Fri 26 Aug 2011, 10:14 am

Why can't you, mate?

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 26 Aug 2011, 10:15 am

Will echo the general good vibes and say well done to primetime and all involved in setting this up, that is obviously only my stance up to the point when I don't win the freebie at which point my more usual miserable stance will be back with a vengence.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Fri 26 Aug 2011, 10:16 am

I click on the watch through TV and it says have to go through the on demand screen on virgin. Or am I just being a bit thick? Rolling Eyes

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Fri 26 Aug 2011, 10:19 am

I have sent an email to Adam at Primetime and hopefully he will be able to assist shortly, Trottb.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Fri 26 Aug 2011, 10:24 am

Thanks Fists.

Good stuff with managing to get offers like this for the forum. It's a credit to the work and effort all of you guys do on a daily basis.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Fri 26 Aug 2011, 10:59 am

Virgin operates differently to Sky in that we do not have our own channel on Virgin. Virgin select which events they wish to show and put them on their on demand service, we just provide them with content. As such for this promotion Virgin purchases cannot be tracked and won't be included

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Fri 26 Aug 2011, 11:02 am

Thanks for the info. So at least we have clarified I am not completely thick. I will be purchasing the fight so if you could just credit an extra sale to the forum that would be great

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Fri 26 Aug 2011, 11:07 am

Thanks for clearing that up, PT.

Trottb, not sure they'll be able to do that, but thanks anyway.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Fri 26 Aug 2011, 11:13 am

Worth a shot.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri 26 Aug 2011, 2:33 pm

prettyboykev wrote:
The Galveston Giant wrote:I can't buy things through my Sky TV and have to phone. Primetime say once you phone them for the first time through Sky there will be a one off charge. Would anybody be able to tell me how much all in it is for, the event, the phone call to Primetime, the one off charge, and then my phonecall to Sky? Thanks.

I registered with primetime when they started broadcasting boxing and just order through my T.V now. Their was a one off registration fee but nothing extra since then.

Sound Kev, can i ask Primetime, if i order through the link on here on the Primetime website, for my Sky, does it then appear for me to purchase on my Sky box office listings, then i would just have to phone Sky to confirm as my phone line connection doesn't work? Thanks.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 26 Aug 2011, 3:12 pm

from the PT site:

TV Questions

Can I watch on Virgin Media?
Yes, just order through your On Demand menu. If you need any help with your Virgin Media order please contact Virgin Media customer services.

When is best for me to register?
It is best to register as soon as possible.

Do I have to pay a registration fee?
There is a one off registration fee the first time you register for Primetime. If you have previously registered there is no need to register again. Just select the event through the Box Office on the night or call us to purchase the event.

How long does it take to come on?
When you register for Primetime there may be a small delay for the signal to hit your box, this is usually less than 5 minutes. You must make sure your viewing card is in the box and the box switched on when you order to make sure you do not miss the signal.

How do I know if my TV registration has been sent to my Sky box and that I'm eligible to buy Primetime events?
Press Box Office on your Sky remote. Choose Sports & Events. Highlight one of the Primetime events and press Select. The message 'Checking purchase information. Please wait' will appear. On the screen that follows if at the bottom it says 'Press Select to confirm or Back Up to cancel' your registration has been successfully processed and you may purchase the Primetime event of your choice. If it says 'Call the broadcaster to book this program' then give us a call and we'll activate the viewing for you.

I had to connect my phone line to my Sky box to view the last event, will I have to again?
No, we have recently upgraded our systems and can now activate your viewing through your satellite dish, just give us a call to unlock the fight.

Will I be able to view the event again?
Yes you can watch all the repeats for free after purchasing the live event from Sunday, repeats will be shown at 10:15am, 1:15pm, 4:15pm and 7:00pm. If you did not purchase the live event the repeats are available at the advertised price.

Can I record the event on Sky+?
You can only record the event on Sky+ if you have a working telephone line connected to your Sky box and you order through your remote control. If you have not registered for Primetime before please call our customer services directly on 0844 8429 844 and ask to register only so that you can record it, you will need to wait up to 4 hours after registering to receive a signal to be able to record the event. If you do not have a telephone line connected we will need to send a direct signal to unlock the event which will prevent you from recording it.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri 26 Aug 2011, 3:21 pm

Right so from that i believe i go through the V2 link, register for the event on their website and probably pay my first time registration fee there aswell, the event should be on my Sky Box Office listings. With no phone line connection i then phone Primetime and not Sky to send me the signal for the fight. Does that sound right Hobo/Primetime?
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Primetime Fri 26 Aug 2011, 3:56 pm

The Galveston Giant wrote:Right so from that i believe i go through the V2 link, register for the event on their website and probably pay my first time registration fee there aswell, the event should be on my Sky Box Office listings. With no phone line connection i then phone Primetime and not Sky to send me the signal for the fight. Does that sound right Hobo/Primetime?

Hi Galveston, if you do it through the website you don't need to phone anyone, you select watch on TV then watch on Sky, enter your details and the fight is ordered/a signal sent. It doesn't appear in your planner unless you add a reminder and you just tune to the channel on the night. Remember your viewing card must be in the box when you order

Primetime

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri 26 Aug 2011, 4:00 pm

Primetime wrote:
The Galveston Giant wrote:Right so from that i believe i go through the V2 link, register for the event on their website and probably pay my first time registration fee there aswell, the event should be on my Sky Box Office listings. With no phone line connection i then phone Primetime and not Sky to send me the signal for the fight. Does that sound right Hobo/Primetime?

Hi Galveston, if you do it through the website you don't need to phone anyone, you select watch on TV then watch on Sky, enter your details and the fight is ordered/a signal sent. It doesn't appear in your planner unless you add a reminder and you just tune to the channel on the night. Remember your viewing card must be in the box when you order

Brilliant, it seems pretty easy then, i was making it too complicated. Thanks for getting back to me.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 26 Aug 2011, 4:04 pm

Oh I see its like that is it? PT is everyones friend now and no thanks for ol' hobo? Wink

Fickle gits, the lot of you.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Fri 26 Aug 2011, 4:40 pm

Haha! Can't have it both ways my friend.

Cheers for clearing that up PT.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Fri 26 Aug 2011, 4:42 pm

Hobo you should be a UN peacekeeper

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 26 Aug 2011, 4:45 pm

Hobo wrote:Oh I see its like that is it? PT is everyones friend now and no thanks for ol' hobo? Wink

Fickle gits, the lot of you.

Re: Your chance to watch Mayweather vs Ortiz for free!
by rowley Today at 10:15

.Will echo the general good vibes and say well done to primetime and all involved in setting this up, that is obviously only my stance up to the point when I don't win the freebie at which point my more usual miserable stance will be back with a vengence.

Cool your heels there now, some of us have spread the love to more than just primetime.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Fri 26 Aug 2011, 4:49 pm

Let's pray you win then, Jeffrey!

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 26 Aug 2011, 5:04 pm

Genuine question this is there any advantage to the forum in us ordering earlier. After my early cynicism and general grouchiness I am trying to be a little more "can do" about this whole link up so if it genuinely helps am happy to do my bit.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Fri 26 Aug 2011, 7:08 pm

Not really mate, no. The one advantage would be that if say we get 5 early signups then the first draw can be made as to who wins the refund from those 5, and as such is less of a rush job nearer to the date.

Obviously it'd be nice to get as many signed up as possible early doors, but there won't be any significant benefit to us, except the thanks and gratitude of Primetime, I suspect.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 13 Sep 2011, 10:42 am

just to let you know due to IP addresses needing to be identified and cross referenced to ensure that a 606v2 member gets the refund, the closing date to be eligible for the refund is Thursday midday. That gives you tonight and tomorrow evening to buy it (should you be in work during the day)

If you buy the event before the deadline, please let the admin team (Windy/ Fists or myself) know and we can cross reference with PT.

Thanks

H

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 14 Sep 2011, 4:38 pm

A few of you have already signed up but we are still short of giving out free streams at this point.

If you are going to get it, then buy it before tomorrow lunch time - hanging on leaves you with no chance of getting a refund!

Remember - it helps the forum too!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 15 Sep 2011, 4:05 pm

someone PM'd Windy earlier and he forwarded me the PM about signing up and being in with a chance of the draw.

Could anyone who has bought the fight, please PM me to let me know.

Cheers

H

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down