The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whats wrong with people these days?

5 posters

Go down

Whats wrong with people these days? Empty Whats wrong with people these days?

Post by Samo Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:56 pm

I want to take you on a trip down memory lane. Waaay back to the year 2000. I was about to get my first taste of professional wrestling in the form of the 2000 Royal Rumble.

I was 10 at the time. About the same age as alot of fans these days. And what did I see?

- 4 guys destroy about 12 tables with their bodies
- A bikini contest which involved an elderly woman let her 'puppies' out
- 2 guys tear each other apart for the WWF title, literally
- A fat samoan in a thong beating up his best pals

And what did I think? Was I shocked? Course not, I thought it was Flip AWESOME! I loved every second of it. And it remained the same for years to come. Until now.

We've just seen 2 chamber matches that were mundane to say the least (Apart from JoMo). I thought this was meant to be one of the most brutal matchs in WWE history? So wheres the crimson?

I just dont understand why the WWE have taken the stance they have. Is it a genuine concern for superstars well-being? Is it the parents? (THINK OF THE CHILDREN!) Is it the children themselves? Have they all became pussies all of a sudden? Or is it Mattel? Do they not want to be seen fronting a company that glorifies violence?

Whats your guys thoughts on it? Do you think WWE should tell Mattel to stfu and let them bleed once in a while? Or do you think we're better off without?

NB. Im putting my stance on blood in the industry here. I think sometimes blood can really help enhance a match, and take it to the next level. Would HBK vs HHH - Last Man Standing had been nearly as great a spectacle if they were not allowed to bleed? However, I dont want to go down the TNA road, where Flair seems to bleed in every promo hes in. Thats TOO excessive.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Whats wrong with people these days? Empty Re: Whats wrong with people these days?

Post by Chuck Norris Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:15 pm

I dont think we need blood tbh, yes in matches in EC & HIAC it makes ense as they are "tearing appart" each other. Now what annoys me is the soppages. When a match is stopped for a superstar becaus ehe gets busted nose really gets on my nerves Sad

Chuck Norris

Back to top Go down

Whats wrong with people these days? Empty Re: Whats wrong with people these days?

Post by talkingpoint Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:47 pm

well I started watching wrestling when I was about 9 or 10 so it was still PG during the era of HBK and Bret Hart; I remember buying loads of old PPV videos (yes videos!) so that's what got me hooked but as I grew into a teenager WWF evolved into the Attitude era and I must say without the prominence of the UFC as it is today it was the closest thing to gladatorial combat some of those hardcore matches. I really do think blood when done appropriately in a match adds a lot of realism and drama; a lot of the hardcore matches now are much weaker because of the current PG regulations. However I don't think WWE will reverse its policy; I think the WWE have moved on from gratuitous violence. I do think the WWE need to tone down their hyperbole when it comes to PPVs such as the EC because they naturally then become huge disappointments to alot of the older 'Attitude' era fans.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:41 pm

Maybe with the return of the Rock and HHH, comes the Attitude Era V.2 ?
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cena's Speech writer Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:51 pm

Watching last night's Raw at the moment, and Alex Riley dropped a c*&p in a promo with Cena, after Cena made a few homosexual hints during a promo with the Miz. And that's even before I saw the Rock's promo - he's always got to drop an ass or two I think....

And this is teh week after Cena told the Rock to 'Blow him' and made a whole bunch of suggestive comments about the Rock, and 2 weeks after the Rock dropped a whole load of ass and a Sumb*tch in his returning promo.....

I'm not saying PG's on it's way out, but it's getting edgier for sure!

John Cena's Speech writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down