The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Moto GP Indianapolis Results

+2
The Special Juan
Fernando
6 posters

Go down

Moto GP Indianapolis Results Empty Moto GP Indianapolis Results

Post by Fernando Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:08 pm

MotoGP championship leader Casey Stoner continued his march towards the title as the Australian took victory at the United States MotoGP in Indianapolis.

The Honda rider, who has now finished on the podium in all but one race, came home four seconds ahead of last year's Indy winner Dani Pedrosa while American Ben Spies was third at the Brickyard.

Spain's world champion Jorge Lorenzo was fourth as he fell further behind Stoner in the MotoGP Championship race.

Stoner now has a 44-point lead.

It was Stoner's third consecutive victory and seventh overall this year as he moved to 243 points having completed 28 laps over the 2.621-mile Indianapolis Motor Speedway road course in 46 minutes, 52.786 seconds.

"It couldn't have gone much better," said Stoner.

"I made a few mistakes in the first and second corner, Jorge came past and it was really difficult to find a place to overtake.

"Conditions were hard so it was about staying consistent and focused."

Last edited by fernando on Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Moto GP Indianapolis Results Empty Re: Moto GP Indianapolis Results

Post by The Special Juan Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:21 pm

I saw it. Great drive from Spies to recover from a terrible start. This title is almost as over as the F1 title.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave. Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:31 pm

Great to see them at the Brickyard - always the best in each catergory should race there! Just a question as wouldn't know the in and outs of MotoGP- could the bikes race on the banking?

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by Belgarion of Riva Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:29 am

Dave wrote:Great to see them at the Brickyard - always the best in each catergory should race there! Just a question as wouldn't know the in and outs of MotoGP- could the bikes race on the banking?

Not over race distance as the degradation on the tyres would cause on almighty accident and it would mean the rider would be at top speed in a motorcycle not upright which is basically suicide

Belgarion of Riva

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:56 am

ah Stoner did it then Very Happy

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by rapidringsroad Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:43 pm

Great result for Stoner,if Spies hadn't had trouble at the start he would have put a lot of pressure on the Hondas of Stoner and Pedroza. Hayden too was doing well until wrong tyre choice caused problems. The other Ducati of Baberra was doing OK as well until the last corner. It's taking Rossi a long time getting to grips with the Ducati.Barring accidents,I wouldn't be surprised to see Honda fill the first three spots at the end of the season.

rapidringsroad

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:42 am

i dont watch moto gp that much. Rossi was always at the front and the one to beat, whats happeend to him, he's no longer a front runner, or regular front runner. Is it just a change in teams thats upset the flow or what?

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Belgarion of Riva Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:37 am

Critical_mass wrote:i dont watch moto gp that much. Rossi was always at the front and the one to beat, whats happeend to him, he's no longer a front runner, or regular front runner. Is it just a change in teams thats upset the flow or what?

Rossi is struggling to come to terms with the Ducati. The front end of the bike is causing problems. He has no confidence in the front of the bike and that is affecting his performances. I ride bikes and believe me, if you know your front end is dodgy you'll not take any risks.

Ducati are working on it and are making incremental steps towards addressing it. Stoner complained about the front as well but rode the bike like a monster and made it work for him. The Ducati needs to be ridden like a monster to make it work and Vale is working to make it rideable for all.

When they go back to 1000ccs next season, normal service will resume and Vale will be at the front again. The Ducati 1000cc has been tested already this year and Vale is raving about the back end Whistle Hopefully they'll sort the front out once and for all.

Truth be told I feel he'll be at the front of the grid before this season is over.

Cheers

Belgarion of Riva

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:05 am

ah thanks for the insight. I now understand and yes i can imagine myself having no confidence to push as id be anticipating the front tucking under all the time.

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down