The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

moto gp results

3 posters

Go down

moto gp results  Empty moto gp results

Post by Fernando Sun 17 Jul 2011, 2:33 pm

Dani Pedrosa returned to winning ways after a three-man battle at the Sachsenring.

The Repsol Honda rider saw off Yamaha's Jorge Lorenzo and his team-mate Casey Stoner to win for the first time since breaking a collarbone in May.

Lorenzo closed the gap on Stoner at the top of the championship by taking second, with Andrea Dovisioso fourth.

British rider Cal Crutchlow was 14th, with Valentino Rossi's poor form continuing as he came home in ninth.

Lorenzo added: "It was a fantastic race.

"I was struggling with my left hand and didn't have the power to push hard but at the last corner I took a huge risk and made a miracle to get past Casey into second."

In the day's earlier races, Marc Marquez won for the third Moto2 race in a row, while there was an extraordinary finish in the 125cc class.

Hector Faubel and Johann Zarco finished in a dead heat and were awarded an identical time.

A photo finish could not separate the riders but Faubel was given the victory after he clocked a faster lap during the race.

source : bbc sport

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

moto gp results  Empty Re: moto gp results

Post by Belgarion of Riva Mon 18 Jul 2011, 8:49 am

It's clear to see that if Stoner doesn't disappear into the distance, he struggles to win races. He needs to improve his racecraft and work harder during quali to improve his race pace because all he cares about is setting fast laps without thinking about the race.

I'm really surprised at how poor the Ducati is and the amount of work that has to be done on that bike. I think the team should just forget about this season and focus on making next season's bike competitive. With Vale getting back to full fitness and JB coming back from Australia after the family bereavement, they will sort that bike out.

Kudos to Stoner though for riding that Duke, he's the only one who made that bike work for him.

Great performances from Jorge and Dani as well

Belgarion of Riva

Back to top Go down

Post by rapidringsroad Mon 18 Jul 2011, 10:26 pm

Definitley the best race of the season so far,it went right to the wire and all credit to Lorenzo for that last corner dash.I'm looking forward to next week at Laguna to see if Stoner can pull back a few points.Pedrosa is hard to pass when he's got the lead and he road a great race.What about Spies though? his last lap dash was a blinder. I agree with you Belgarion about Stoner's performance on the Ducati the last few seasons,a bike that didn't handle the best.

rapidringsroad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down