The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWC 2011 prepararation guideline and rules for 606v2 posters.

+26
Mickado
offload
Luckless Pedestrian
GavinDragon
Rangiora
B91212
nottins
InjuredYetAgain
Taylorman
aucklandlaurie
Thomond
Rava
Bullsbok
disneychilly
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
brennomac
funnyExiledScot
TheGreyGhost
chewed_mintie
andy powells minder
Full Credit
Effervescing Elephant
Cari
OzT
mckay1402
Biltong
30 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

RWC 2011 prepararation guideline and rules for 606v2 posters. - Page 2 Empty RWC 2011 prepararation guideline and rules for 606v2 posters.

Post by Biltong Wed 31 Aug 2011, 3:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

The RWC is now imminent, it is there for important to prepare now rather than a day before the event. I thought it wise to set out a preparation guide and some rules to follow during this epic event.

Preparation guide.

Tell your wife/partner/girlfriend now that you will not be able to support them with any household tasks, budgetary requirements, shopping sprees or any emotional support for the next seven weeks.

Instruct her/him to remove any breakable items within reach of your favourite armchair.

Ensure all pets (this one is especially for GG) to a safe haven for the near future.

Ensure your subscription is paid up as you do not need any service provision cut offs during this time.

Tell your kids if they wanted to go for a sleep over, now is the time, give them some pocket money and tell them you expect them back when the RWC is over, and not before.

Ascertain which of your rugby buddies will be emotional wrecks during this time, and tell them you are going away.

Inform your doctor now of the impending change of season cold you will develop as there might be a rush from several likeminded people to get sick notes.

Ensure you have stocked up on all beverages and snacks required for the period. Treat it as you would a nuclear holocaust, so bunker in.

Ensure the remote control has new batteries, as you will be going back and forth playing actions in slow motion, and you do not want to be caught midway through a game with flat batteries.

Make sure your TV set is in good working condition.

Keep a back up generator for those unplanned power outages.

Do not invite any friends over WITH their wives and children, as they might get hungry and force you to barbeque whilst the match is on

Rules during the tournament.

If you want to experience the Haka more vividly, then get some war paint, put it on with some tribal motives, and do it in front of the mirror.

Do not listen to your own commentators, they will only give you a false impression of how good or poor your team really is.

Do not cry when listening to your national anthem, real rugby men don’t cry.

Do not look away when your wife calls, you may miss something.

Your wife/spouse/partner is there to bring you beverages and snacks, not to ask questions. If they want to know how it is going they should look at the score reflected in THE TOP LEFT HAND CORNER or the TV screen.

Tape the game, do not make notes for comment during the game, that is just poor judgement.

If your team is leading at half time, do not run to your laptop or computer, you will be stiff from sitting so first do a few warm-ups and stretches, you do not want to pull a hamstring and go to see the doctor.

Use a straw when drinking your beverage, it is difficult to watch the TV when the container nears empty and you have to throw your head back when drinking, you might miss something.

Ensure that you have heeded natures call before the game start, it is basically the same routine you will follow before taking a long trip.

If the phone rings, ignore it, after all that’s why your spouse/partner/girlfriend is there.

Commenting after the game.

If your team has lost, take a break, go lie down for a while, check your pulse, if back to normal, start commenting.

If your team has won, be gracious, be respectful, be nice, there are people hurting out there, AND IT IS YOUR TEAM’s FAULT.

Remember you can think what you want, but its not necessary to tell all.

To be diplomatic about the opposition team, start your sentence with:
With all due respect........
They put up a brave performance, but ultimately..................

Stay away from using words like, pathetic, useless, weak etc. When describing another team/players.

Remember there is no wrong answer, just stupid statements.

Remember to attack the argument not the poster. Don’t say you are an idiot, rather say your comment borders on ignorance. It means the same thing, only the Moderators can’t touch you if you use the latter statement.

Most important rule.

Don’t say “we will beat the Springboks”, it is wrong and provocative, rather say, “I hope we can be competitive and sneak a win” it is diplomatic, I will remain calm and be diplomatic back.

If you prefer to use the former statement I will respond with “ yeah, in your dreams mate” if you use the latter I will respond with “ yeah, in your dreams mate.” See the difference?

So good luck to all in your preparations, hope this has given you some ideas. And don’t say I didn’t give you fair warning.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

RWC 2011 prepararation guideline and rules for 606v2 posters. - Page 2 Empty Re: RWC 2011 prepararation guideline and rules for 606v2 posters.

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 01 Sep 2011, 10:30 am

OzT wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote: the two things on the banned list are fosters and cheap bundarderg rum. i'm trying to raise their standards.

GASP!!!

Was doing ok till I saw Bundy out..... agree with the Foster's rubbish but.. No Bundy????

Shocked

Well he did say he wanted to discourage the Aussies. I'm assuming the Fosters ban was a simple matter of principle and common sense Wink
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

RWC 2011 prepararation guideline and rules for 606v2 posters. - Page 2 Empty Re: RWC 2011 prepararation guideline and rules for 606v2 posters.

Post by OzT Thu 01 Sep 2011, 10:35 am

Guess as many aussies drink Fosters at home as kiwis drink Stienies...

Smile

OzT

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu 01 Sep 2011, 10:38 am

OzT wrote:Guess as many aussies drink Fosters at home as kiwis drink Stienies...

Smile

Yep. And for pretty much the same reasons Wink

Personally I wouldn't drink anything brewed in Auckland. They have to pipe the water in from the Waikato river.

Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 01 Sep 2011, 11:27 am

some very sage advice in here. Love it! thumbsup

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathman_in_London Thu 01 Sep 2011, 11:32 am

Great article!

A question: Get up a little earlier and have the full cooked breakfast before, or wait until half time?

Bathman_in_London

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 01 Sep 2011, 11:33 am

If someone else cooks it to be ready at half time then fine, but surely there will be a lot to discuss in ten minutes, so I wouldn't want to talk with my mouth full. Whistle
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 01 Sep 2011, 11:42 am

For the early matches breakfast will consist of a box of frosties on my lap and a pint of milk in my hand.
Multitasking.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Thu 01 Sep 2011, 11:43 am

Should 606 have a 'Half-time rant room' sticky where you can can vent your displeasure or crow superiority with no come back come the final whistle? We all get caught in the moment...
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 01 Sep 2011, 11:44 am

Mickado wrote:For the early matches breakfast will consist of a box of frosties on my lap and a pint of milk in my hand.
Multitasking.

No bowl?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 01 Sep 2011, 11:44 am

luckless_pedestrian wrote:
Mickado wrote:For the early matches breakfast will consist of a box of frosties on my lap and a pint of milk in my hand.
Multitasking.

No bowl?

Hey, it's not the Ritz...

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 01 Sep 2011, 11:48 am

Carpe Diem wrote:Should 606 have a 'Half-time rant room' sticky where you can can vent your displeasure or crow superiority with no come back come the final whistle? We all get caught in the moment...

great idea, but remember the rule that says you must stretch and warm up before racing to your laptop or computer. Rolling Eyes
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathman_in_London Thu 01 Sep 2011, 11:49 am

If you eat quickly enough you can get it all down you before the milk comes through the cardboard...

I think a rant room is a good idea! As long as what goes on in the rant room stays in the rant room...

Bathman_in_London

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 01 Sep 2011, 11:53 am

biltongbek wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:Should 606 have a 'Half-time rant room' sticky where you can can vent your displeasure or crow superiority with no come back come the final whistle? We all get caught in the moment...

great idea, but remember the rule that says you must stretch and warm up before racing to your laptop or computer. Rolling Eyes

(almost) 2 words for ya...
...smartphone

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Thu 01 Sep 2011, 4:24 pm

biltongbek wrote:
B91212 wrote:Good rules and a very good article. As the games really do kick off at stupid o'clock over here (02.30, 03.30, 04.30) then my biggest problem is waking the mrs up by shouting, swearing etc when everywhere is silent. As it stands she just thinks I'm completely mad planning on getting up in the middle of the night just to watch a game of rugby.

Purchased a new tv especially, got the media room kind of set up but my Mum and her husband are here for the first 2 weeks and will be looking to do visiting toursit crap during the days, which is hard to accommodate when you have only had about two lots of 2 hours sleep. Already told them that nothing happens after the England games but I know HID will insist (they are on holiday after all, they have come 5000 miles to see you blah blah) that I'm roused and off walking round some crap hellish place such as Edmonton Mall or the like.

They arrive Friday, can't wait........

So tell me, do the people in Canada look forwrd to the RWC, or are you one of the few?

Sorry for the late reply, posted that last night on my way to bed at half eleven.

Where I work I'm certainly one of the few, in fact I'm the only one in 45 who has any knowledge of it at all. The Canada games are being shown on TSN, which is the main sports channel here and about 80% of people I know receive it as part of the basic cable/sat package. The other games are on TSN2 which you need a digital box for and is in a pretty obscure place in the channel listings so won't get much exposure. This is more for Alberta than Canada as a whole though, the country is massive so not sure what goes on in other provinces. Saw an advert for the WC on one of the bigger US Channels we receive the other day but all in all I think the kick off times are going to severely limit any interest.

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 01 Sep 2011, 4:27 pm

Bummer, so the only way you gat to banter about the RWC is on websites.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 01 Sep 2011, 4:28 pm

Bummer, so the only way you get to banter about the RWC is on websites.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Thu 01 Sep 2011, 4:41 pm

Rules of Rant Room

No 1 You don't talk about Rant Room

No 2 What happens in Rant Room stays in Rant Room...

Got to be more than that! RWC 2011 prepararation guideline and rules for 606v2 posters. - Page 2 3187153522

Rule 34 No exceptions
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Thu 01 Sep 2011, 4:45 pm

biltongbek wrote:Bummer, so the only way you get to banter about the RWC is on websites.

Yes. If it wasn't for 606v2 then nothing, it helps keep me kind of sane when it comes to sports. I may even log into the live chat feature if it's on as it will only be me and Dog stupid enough to be up at that time watching, and even the dog will go to sleep once the initial excitement of being up in the wee hours is gone, only waking up when I cheer / shout / curse (delete as applicable).

The main sports here in Canada are Iced Hockey, which is like a religion, Canadian Football which is like American Football but worse, Baseball and finally Curling, which has to be the stupidest game ever (I refuse to even call it sport). Think the Scots must have had a few too many single malts when they invented that one....

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Thu 01 Sep 2011, 8:26 pm

OZT
No Bundy is fire water,nearly as bad as that Inner circle they used to make just south of Bribane, you could run your tractor on it.
Its Appletons all the way in my house
I agree with you about Steinlager, gives me the biggest headache the next day.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl Thu 01 Sep 2011, 8:48 pm

Appletons! Oh lord you've just taken me waaay back Laurie.

I used to work for a Jamaican guy many years ago and he used to bring me a bottle of Appletons back from his trips home. Lovely, lovely stuff. Think I may have to go try and find some... Run
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Thu 01 Sep 2011, 9:29 pm

Littleswanny
I can't get my hands on enough of the stuff....

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Fri 02 Sep 2011, 2:30 am

Hahaha, one of the best articles I've read on V2.
If this was the old 606 I'd give this 5 stars Very Happy

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 02 Sep 2011, 2:41 am

A brilliant piece of work, Biltong. Thoroughly enjoyed the read!

"If your team is leading at half time, do not run to your laptop or computer, you will be stiff from sitting so first do a few warm-ups and stretches, you do not want to pull a hamstring and go to see the doctor."

Also it's best to switch your phone off during crucial matches.

I got a text last Saturday night which read something like "... great 1st half, I don't think the ABs can come back..."

I had to quickly do the anti-curse text reply "I'm not so sure, they need to be careful of the inevitable resurgence and maintain the intensity."

It just worked.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2