The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Neutral matches to savour in the RWC

+10
Biltong
Pal Joey
Gunner
Taylorman
Otagolad
nottins
nottins_jones
Notch
MBTGOG
hugehandoff
14 posters

Go down

Neutral matches to savour in the RWC Empty Neutral matches to savour in the RWC

Post by hugehandoff Wed 31 Aug 2011, 11:09 pm

Nothing beats watching your own team play as it is the passion and really caring about the result that makes the difference. But sometimes it is a pleasure to just relax and watch a good game between other countries which you can just enjoy without getting apopletic with rage at every dropped ball, stupid penalty or biased refereeing. At the RWC and knowing how much it matters to all sides I am hopeful of watching some classic matches between sides other than my England. Like the Wales V Fiji last time around which was awesome for neutrals.

Wales V Samoa looks tasty this time. NZ V France. Fiji V Samoa (ok anyone against Samoa) boxing

This time I hope to be entertained not just by the clashes between the established nations, but hopefully also by some more minor clashes which can be other sides RWC finals:

Tonga V Canada, Russia V USA, Tonga V Japan, Canada V Japan - these matches can produce good rugby between evenly matches teams and make for great viewing. I look forward to watching some of these matches live and others on the highlights programme (hopefully there will be one as most of us cannot watch it all Crying or Very sad ).

Good luck everyone and let's hope for some cracking rugby. Any particular games stand out for others?

hugehandoff

Back to top Go down

Neutral matches to savour in the RWC Empty Re: Neutral matches to savour in the RWC

Post by MBTGOG Wed 31 Aug 2011, 11:35 pm

Argentina against either Scotland or England.

France v Tonga.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Neutral matches to savour in the RWC Empty Re: Neutral matches to savour in the RWC

Post by Notch Wed 31 Aug 2011, 11:36 pm

Argentina against England is going to be interesting. I believe they are going to come out and give it everything in that opener, they won't be bullied in the scrums or breakdown and I haven't seen anything that suggests England will slice them open.

Could be close.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins_jones Thu 01 Sep 2011, 12:50 am

Agree with the Russia/USA match, those guys hate each other's guts!

England and Scotland has the potential to be good, could be the top spot decider for the pool.

Cheers for mentioning the Wales/Fiji 07 game btw...
nottins_jones
nottins_jones

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins Thu 01 Sep 2011, 1:03 am

Wales versus Fiji and Samoa will no doubt attract a lot of interest. Especially as Wales haven't beaten Fiji in their last two matches

nottins

Back to top Go down

Post by Otagolad Thu 01 Sep 2011, 1:15 am

For me it will be the big games in the three other pools e.g. Scotland v England v Argentina etc and Wales v SA.

Otagolad

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Thu 01 Sep 2011, 5:05 am

And oz ireland.
Oz actually get a good crack at the nh sides.
Ire wales eng if goes to plan.
Mind you we have france maybe scot. Thats about it

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner Thu 01 Sep 2011, 6:01 am

I got tickets to Eng v Arg and Scotland v Arg.
Eng looking confident.
Scots have had good build up.
Who knows which Argentina will turn up.
Should be interestin in an armwrestle kinda way.

Its all gonna be good!!!!!

Gunner

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 01 Sep 2011, 6:15 am

France v NZ ... oh, the history
USA v Japan ... should be a cracker
SA v Wales
Ireland v Italy

plus all the PI matches, especially Fiji and Samoa v Wales.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 01 Sep 2011, 6:56 am

Well I kind of hope that NZ comes second in their pool, so that they move to the other half of the competition, this way we can polay them in the final and not the semi final.

The alternative for us is not to win our pool, but then we will have to face all the other top sides in that half.

But overall I look at the form book make my predictions on superbru on who I think will actually win, so my support really goes according to my predictions.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Rangiora Thu 01 Sep 2011, 8:14 am

Gunner wrote:I got tickets to Eng v Arg and Scotland v Arg.
Eng looking confident.
Scots have had good build up.
Who knows which Argentina will turn up.
Should be interestin in an armwrestle kinda way.

Its all gonna be good!!!!!

Hey see ya there Smile

Rangiora

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Thu 01 Sep 2011, 8:43 am

I plan to watch and enjoy every single match to be honest! theres no such thing as a RWC match that won't be a good clash! My wife will not be my biggest fan for a few months!

I love watching Fiji, Samoa and Tonga. Also have a fondness for wee Japan!

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Thu 01 Sep 2011, 9:03 am

does anyone know whether the games that are played at stupid o clock in the morning are being shown in full at a more reasonable time?

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 01 Sep 2011, 9:36 am

I'm really looking forward to the following matches:

Samoa vs Wales
SA vs Samoa
SA vs Wales
NZ vs France
England vs Scotland
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down