The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why England can win the 2011 world cup.

+23
krusty
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
red_stag
trebellbobaggins
Ozzy3213
damngoodOvalball
welshy824
RuggerRadge2611
Great White
munkian
nottins_jones
maestegmafia
emack2
offload
TheGreyGhost
englandglory4ever
robbo277
Comfort
andy powells minder
ML
Biltong
rodders
HERSH
27 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Why England can win the 2011 world cup. - Page 2 Empty Why England can win the 2011 world cup.

Post by HERSH Thu 01 Sep 2011, 1:43 pm

First topic message reminder :

Lets be honest other teams will play better, more beautiful rugby than England in the RWC and that’s fine I have no problem with that and nor should any other England fan.

I believe England are in a great position going into the world cup, 6 Nations champions, good performances in the warm up games only our 2nd string team (and Hape) playing new/different tactics in Cardiff let the squad down.
We have an easy group and route to the semi’s only Scotland will test us and that’s only due to Andy Robinson being at the Scottish helm, he knows what makes use tick, but we know that and have a game plan to deal with their negative game killing tactics as they tried at Twickers this year. Plus Englands style of rugby is suited to knock out rugby.

NZ will do their best and play crowd pleasing rugby, but we all know how much pressure those guys are under and the cracks and injuries will show at some point.

SA have tried to be to clever in playing a 2nd team in the Tri Nations and its backfired on them as the 1st team is under cooked, I even fancy Wales to do them, fingers crossed, yes you heard me right Wales will beat SA.

Aus have shown on their day they can beat anyone, but once again there over confidence will be their undoing, they don’t have the stomach for it some days.

France will perform well to start off but as the pressure builds they’ll fall back on there self believe that they’re the best NH team, only for England to turn them over once again at some point.

As for the rest no chance, maybe Wales will look good for a bit but nothing more, the Webb Ellis cup might as well be engraved with ‘2011 England’

Bring on the Fat Lady. Whistle
Yahoo
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Why England can win the 2011 world cup. - Page 2 Empty Re: Why England can win the 2011 world cup.

Post by tomathy Mon 05 Sep 2011, 8:45 am

red_stag wrote:
2 - Experience. Wilkinson, Shaw, Thompson and Tindall all have World Cup medals. The likes of Flood, Cueto, Moody, Sheridan and Stevens have also been in a World Cup final.

Moody is a world cup winner as well. It was him that caught the lineout in the build up to Jonny's drop goal.
tomathy
tomathy

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2