The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well done Canterbury

5 posters

Go down

Well done Canterbury Empty Well done Canterbury

Post by Rangiora Sat 03 Sep 2011, 12:09 pm

Boys,on the eve of the day the ground moved you've done us proud, good on ya Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/sport/5560863/Canterbury-make-it-four-straight-NPC-titles

Rangiora

Back to top Go down

Well done Canterbury Empty Re: Well done Canterbury

Post by TheGreyGhost Sat 03 Sep 2011, 12:25 pm

Canterbury's control of the ruck area was just sublime, and far too much for Waikato.

There must have been about 50 turn overs in the second half, and the game finished with a 12 minute succession of close drives by the Cantab pack that went approximately 1 meter forward in total.

Add that to the try-less nature of the game and the solid goal kicking display - It would have been absolute trouser wetting excitement for any visiting English fans who'd arrived early for the RWC and decided to check out the ITM final.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Sat 03 Sep 2011, 12:27 pm

Yahoo
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 03 Sep 2011, 2:51 pm

Well done Canterbury. OK

I only saw the last 30 mins or so... the forward tussle was pretty intense but they had that little bit more composure under pressure than Waikato.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon 05 Sep 2011, 9:52 am

Good to see young Tom Taylor (son of Warwick who played 12 for NZ in the '87 RWC) scoring all Canterbury's points after coming off the bench 20 minutes into the game, the Canterbury five-eighths factory is still going strong.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by bathmad Tue 06 Sep 2011, 11:36 am

TheGreyGhost wrote:Canterbury's control of the ruck area was just sublime, and far too much for Waikato.

There must have been about 50 turn overs in the second half, and the game finished with a 12 minute succession of close drives by the Cantab pack that went approximately 1 meter forward in total.

Add that to the try-less nature of the game and the solid goal kicking display - It would have been absolute trouser wetting excitement for any visiting English fans who'd arrived early for the RWC and decided to check out the ITM final.

Interesting, and completely contrasting to this:
http://www.skysports.com/opinion/story/0,,12062_7151976,00.html

FYI - I'm not saying I watched the game or agree with Barnsey (who does usual spout a load of drivel), however having watched a lot of S15 and a little bit of ITM this year, I don't think he's a million miles away.

bathmad

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Tue 06 Sep 2011, 3:27 pm

"Over the weekend, between losing my passport and my itinerary countless times"

Only a shame he didn't lose them for good, sparing NZ the disappointment of having to suffer his squelching whining presence.

I suspect he slept in, missed the match and then made up a match report based on recycled anti-New Zealand prejudice and his own personal dogma. Possibly he didn't even write it, but pasted together paragraphs of old articles and sprinkled phrases like "with the rugby world cup coming up..." as some kind of glue.

The usual one-eyed British tosh, frankly. He would have been better not turning in an article at all.

It's telling that after admitting you didn't watch the game at all, you agree with his points. 🤦

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by bathmad Tue 06 Sep 2011, 4:04 pm

Er no. I agreed based on the S15 and what little of the ITM I have seen, not on basis of this game.

bathmad

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Tue 06 Sep 2011, 4:33 pm

So you admit that you agreed with his thoughts on the game without seeing the game he's talking about.

Muppetry. Utter muppetry.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down