The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

+30
nottins
Standulstermen
Cowshot
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
mickyt
robbo277
Cari
poissonrouge
D24tress
rodders
Mickado
Adam D
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Luckless Pedestrian
perthshirepuma
PenfroPete
Gibson
prop_lyd
Thomond
WillyGilly
Suspicious lurker
Pal Joey
red_stag
Hound_of_Harrow
Mick(TEFC)
Ozzy3213
MBTGOG
Notch
Glas a du
Cymroglan
34 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 10 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Guest Sat 03 Sep 2011, 9:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the virtual rugby pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing the David Pocock photo on the bar. That's a banning offence

So pull up a chair....what'll it be?

Ale cider guinness coffee mug cuppa Bubbly RedWine

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 10 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Glas a du Tue 06 Sep 2011, 3:59 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:
Glas a du wrote:Who will regs be supporting when Wales take on England at Soccer in Wembley tonight?
The ref

Laugh Yahoo
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 10 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 06 Sep 2011, 4:22 pm

One thing I hate is the supporters' band in the crowd at England football matches. It's especially annoying when one bugler plays an approximation of 'come on England' and a second bugler comes in with what's meant to be a harmony, but actually it sounds dreadful.

So, because of their stupid bugle band, I hope England lose 10 - 0 and have four men sent off.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue 06 Sep 2011, 4:23 pm

Hear, hear!
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue 06 Sep 2011, 4:25 pm

Mind you the Ospreys' band are just as bad.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 06 Sep 2011, 4:26 pm

It's forced. English football doesn't have a tradition of bands in the crowd. It's as if someone had a brainwave and thought that if England had its own version of a samba band they'd magically start playing like Brazil.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue 06 Sep 2011, 4:28 pm

The Ospreys one is to stop their wingers falling asleep between chasing box kicks.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 06 Sep 2011, 4:30 pm

I haven't noticed the Ospreys' band. Their stadium announcer, on the other hand, what an ass he is.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue 06 Sep 2011, 4:32 pm

I guess you have to be there. Welsh hymns and Eye of the Tiger.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 06 Sep 2011, 4:34 pm

Its all drums in Ireland.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue 06 Sep 2011, 4:35 pm

Glas a du wrote:Who will regs be supporting when Wales take on England at Soccer in Wembley tonight?

There's a soccer game on?

More importantly the mighty Blunderbirds will be taking on the (boo hiss) Batman Sparks Club in the Highbury Grove mixed B grade netball final.

And since my team has players in it from England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, South Africa, Greece and New Zealand (our Aussie shooter is away) and the other team are all Aussies I hope I can count on lots of support. Smile
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Tue 06 Sep 2011, 4:48 pm

All the best tonight kiwi Ok!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 06 Sep 2011, 5:12 pm

'Mon the Blunderbirds!!

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Tue 06 Sep 2011, 5:16 pm

luckless_pedestrian wrote:It's forced. English football doesn't have a tradition of bands in the crowd. It's as if someone had a brainwave and thought that if England had its own version of a samba band they'd magically start playing like Brazil.

As I understand it the England band are Sheffield Wednesday fans who 'performed' at Hillsborough for a number of years before asking if they could play at England games.

As for hoping they make the team play like Brazil...their most popular ditty is the theme fron The Great Escape Laugh

Anyhow, my local is mobbed with fans at the mo. They should start clearing off in just over an hour.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 06 Sep 2011, 5:21 pm

Ireland are playing dreadful again. 0-0 in Moscow

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 06 Sep 2011, 5:25 pm

Hound_of_Harrow wrote:As I understand it the England band are Sheffield Wednesday fans who 'performed' at Hillsborough for a number of years before asking if they could play at England games.

I should've known. Nothing good has ever come from Yorkshire. Ask Swanny. Wink

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Tue 06 Sep 2011, 5:29 pm

I hope my mucker, Andy, doesn't read that; Yorkshire through and through he is.

Smile

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Tue 06 Sep 2011, 5:36 pm

My son has gone to watch the football tonight I could have accepted him being gay but this is unforgivable,

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue 06 Sep 2011, 5:40 pm

Cymroglan wrote:My son has gone to watch the football tonight I could have accepted him being gay but this is unforgivable,

You've got to get him playing a more manly game like netball Wink

(pointing out that mixed netball is a contact sport where you get to play against women usually helps)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Sep 2011, 5:50 pm

Evening all.

Not sure I'll be watching the football later, would love for Wales to play really well, but not sure that's going to happen....

Munsty, hope you're feeling better now, or well, at least not that weird feeling anyway Smile

Wish the rain would sort itself out at the US open as well, I want to watch some uninterrupted tennis today!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 06 Sep 2011, 5:50 pm

Kiwireddevil wrote:

More importantly the mighty Blunderbirds will be taking on the (boo hiss) Batman Sparks Club in the Highbury Grove mixed B grade netball final.

And since my team has players in it from England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, South Africa, Greece and New Zealand (our Aussie shooter is away) and the other team are all Aussies I hope I can count on lots of support. Smile

Good luck Kiwi... yeah, teach those Aussie upstarts a lesson and cut them down to size. You have my blessing. Very Happy

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue 06 Sep 2011, 5:56 pm

Good evening everyone. coffee

Hughie - thanks for your thoughtful words. I'm glad that the work situation is settled. Must be a weight off your mind.

Hope everyone else is grand. OK

I was wide awake at ten to four this morning listening to the torrential rain. I shouldn't miss any of the world cup then...Rolling Eyes

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue 06 Sep 2011, 6:01 pm

Linebreaker wrote:
Kiwireddevil wrote:

Good luck Kiwi... yeah, teach those Aussie upstarts a lesson and cut them down to size. You have my blessing. Very Happy

Cutting down to size is the operative word. These guys (as with the team we beat last week) have a 6ft 5in Aussie shooter. Poor ole 6ft1in me really has his work cut out - especially if he's learnt anything since the last time (last time my superior knowledge, experience and sneaky-ness was just enough to counteract his superior speed and height).
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 06 Sep 2011, 6:11 pm

I'm 6'1" too... perfect height = 1.03 fathoms. OK

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue 06 Sep 2011, 6:18 pm

I think any elderly people watching the Ireland match could have had heart attacks.( if you were watching,I hope you're alright Gibbo! Wink ) How we escaped without conceding,I will never know. Some positives are Dunne was great as was Shay. The midfield still seems to lack power to win ball and skill to execute attacks with the limited ball we have. Stephen Ward needs to learn how to track back!

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 06 Sep 2011, 6:19 pm

What was the final score Thom?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue 06 Sep 2011, 6:22 pm

0-0, a GREAT result given the chances Russia had.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by poissonrouge Tue 06 Sep 2011, 6:35 pm

Thomond!

I just laughed out loud at that comment to Gibbo!

laughing
poissonrouge
poissonrouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Tue 06 Sep 2011, 6:39 pm

Question; who said(today),
"In rugby you lose teeth, in politics you lose face"?
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by poissonrouge Tue 06 Sep 2011, 6:43 pm

Rolling Eyes

Marc Lievremont ?
poissonrouge
poissonrouge

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Sep 2011, 6:43 pm

I just cheated and googled to find out Mick, but I won't spoil it for other's whow ant to guess. Can't believe that person said it though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 06 Sep 2011, 6:44 pm

Andy Powell.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Tue 06 Sep 2011, 6:47 pm

Scathing replies from Norn Iron,there laughing
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Tue 06 Sep 2011, 7:03 pm

Ireland were dreadful to watch today. No way do I believe they played for the win today. That is so tough to watch.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue 06 Sep 2011, 7:05 pm

Munsty, I don't know why I bother anymore!

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Tue 06 Sep 2011, 7:07 pm

Because we're Irish and in our minds, we believe we have no choice to do anything else.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 06 Sep 2011, 7:14 pm

Trapattoni is celebrating another 0-0 draw then? And I don't say that with any irony; I genuinely believe he is celebrating!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Tue 06 Sep 2011, 7:26 pm

This will delight Gibbo, but I really believe we need to bring a Dutch manager in.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue 06 Sep 2011, 7:29 pm

I wouldn't be surprised. I wasn't around for the Charlton days but I hope we weren't that negative. Munsty,why Dutch? I think we need a manger who can get these players performing at a level they are capable of. (I think we're underperforming.) Out of coaches available van Gaal might be an option. He is Dutch too!

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Tue 06 Sep 2011, 7:32 pm

Just stereotyping Thomond but in general they like their teams to play with the ball in a positive manner and most speak English to a very high standard.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue 06 Sep 2011, 7:35 pm

Van Basten is available too I think. Rafa Benitez and of course Roy Keane( he may be going to Iceland though)

Also isn't it kind of unusual that Ireland's soccer and rugby teams face similar problems?

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 06 Sep 2011, 7:37 pm

I don't think our rugby teams problem is that they have a negative gameplan.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue 06 Sep 2011, 7:41 pm

I'm talking about underperformance and injury Notch.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 06 Sep 2011, 7:42 pm

Also; not enough Ulster players.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Tue 06 Sep 2011, 7:42 pm

What players were out injured Thomond?

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue 06 Sep 2011, 7:49 pm

O'Shea,Long,St.Ledger was suspended. Keane and Doyle were carrying knocks as were Dunne and Given.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Tue 06 Sep 2011, 7:53 pm

Is Coleman injured? What about Darron Gibson?

I thought O'Dea did very well today.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue 06 Sep 2011, 7:55 pm

Don't know about Coleman. I think Gibson may have been dropped.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Tue 06 Sep 2011, 7:59 pm

There was one play that summed it up for me today.

Robbie Keane picked up the ball just inside the opposition half with quite a bit of room in front of him. He moved slowly while gesticulating to his team mates where to go. He slowly moved forward to the point where he passed the ball then walked slowly into the box with his back to the wall.

It just feels like the passion of this team has been ripped out.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue 06 Sep 2011, 8:00 pm

Evening (again) coffee

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue 06 Sep 2011, 8:10 pm

Tumbleweed Crying or Very sad

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next