The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good old Jim Ross

5 posters

Go down

Good old Jim Ross Empty Good old Jim Ross

Post by John Cena's Speech writer Wed 23 Feb 2011, 12:56 pm

Ok, I'm probably being a bit dim here, but someone mentioned that Vince would never have JR commentate on a match at WM. I thought that his health issues were the reason that he gave up colour commentary...... was there something else behind it?

John Cena's Speech writer

Back to top Go down

Good old Jim Ross Empty Re: Good old Jim Ross

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed 23 Feb 2011, 3:30 pm

Vince McMahon has a very odd relationship with Jim Ross in real life, and it spills over into what we see on TV from time to time i.e. on the one hand JR's in the Hall of Fame, on the other he's been publicly humiliated so many times I've lost count (among them Dr. Hiney, Kiss My Ass Club, ritual beatings any time WWE were in Oklahoma).

Vince both respects Jim Ross and is repulsed by him. When JR was in charge of talent relations he pretty much worked as hard as anybody in the WWF/E - Vince included - and that impressed the boss. It's well known that he loves a strong work ethic and JR had that in spades. However, it's also well known that Vince is very big on physical fitness, apperance & how someone comes across on TV. JR doesn't exactly fit into what McMahon wants in that regard - he's fat and Southern.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cena's Speech writer Wed 23 Feb 2011, 3:52 pm

theundisputedY2D2 wrote:JR doesn't exactly fit into what McMahon wants in that regard - he's fat and Southern.

:606laugh: That may be bordering on racist and fattest.... but it's freaking hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

John Cena's Speech writer

Back to top Go down

Post by Levi Wed 23 Feb 2011, 4:57 pm

I can see him commentating at Wrestlemania this year actually. Guest announcer for Cole vs King

Levi

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Wed 23 Feb 2011, 5:14 pm

Guest announcer for Cole vs King sounds like a good idea. Wouldnt surprise me if he got involved at some point to help King saying that Cole took his rightful place

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymru1991 Fri 25 Feb 2011, 8:41 pm

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/3431615/King-Jim-Ross-will-be-back.html

Cymru1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down