The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why aren't Scarlets good when Wales are good?

+3
flyhalffactory
overlordofthewest
hugo124
7 posters

Go down

Why aren't Scarlets good when Wales are good? Empty Why aren't Scarlets good when Wales are good?

Post by hugo124 Sun 19 Feb - 1:14

As we all know the Scarlets play a bad boring brand of rugby yet they have all the key players in the backline(Priestland,North,Davies,etc).Please don't go talking about the Northampton game because everyone knows that every try in that game came from poor fielding(they couldn't catch a ball without Foden if it was placed in their arms) from a truly sh*te english side.For me this is a real puzzler because a coach can't make that much of a difference can he?I mean look at Leinster than look at Ireland it is kind of like the other way around.

Last edited by rugbydreamer on Sun 19 Feb - 10:01; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : corrected the team name.)

hugo124

Back to top Go down

Why aren't Scarlets good when Wales are good? Empty Re: Why aren't Scarlets good when Wales are good?

Post by overlordofthewest Sun 19 Feb - 1:26

Im assuming this is a very very poor attempt to get Scarlets fans to bite.
Bad form WUM nope

overlordofthewest

Back to top Go down

Why aren't Scarlets good when Wales are good? Empty Re: Why aren't Scarlets good when Wales are good?

Post by flyhalffactory Sun 19 Feb - 4:40

Can the Mods ban this young lad................

I mean surely there must be some sort of social responsibility in letting a minor post on a forum site.

Get back to school young man
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Feb - 10:00

Laugh

what an article.

In an attempt at a serious debate. The Scarlets players that are currently with Wales, didn't have a full month training together for the Scarlets, until after Christmas.

There in lies your problem. It's pretty hard for the region to get them into top shape and working together as a unit when they don't have them there for training (either it be with Wales call ups, or injuries resulting from such call ups).

Having said that we've had some pretty good running games this season (home and away v Castres spring to mind).

This was always going to be a tough season for the Scarlets back line to get any sort of consistency due to international calls ups, and that's reflected in the amount of points we've scored so far in the Pro12.

We're not doing badly though. LV semi final and Amlin QF, still in the hunt for a play off place....am happy with that.

oh, and I'm moving this to the club section and editing the title to remove Llanelli (they aren't called that any more)

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueNote Sun 19 Feb - 10:07

I'd call a last-minute narrow loss away to Leisnter quite a good effort, myself.

BlueNote

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Feb - 10:10

last minute? twas a last 10 seconds loss Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Feb - 11:19

What a poor attempt at a WUM. Of all the teams to pick in Wales and call them boring, you pick the one that plays arguably the best brand of rugby. Bizarre.

Anyway, cop a load of this of you want some examples:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7YKNn2JmGk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Sun 19 Feb - 14:06

Poor WUM. Not even remotely funny. thumbsdown
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Feb - 15:41

look guys it is obviously a wum but we still can get a debate out of it if we try (and ignore the obvious baiting in the 1st line).

Do you guys think it's the coaching? Or what I said with our squad not having enough time together to train, injuries etc causing lack of consistency?

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Sun 19 Feb - 16:39

To be fair the Scarlets haven't been as fluid as they were last year. Probably because of the disruption the world cup caused though.

Anyway I think its mostly lack of depth in the squad. The Scarlets have a heck of a lot of internationals now and most of them are key players as well, a similar situation to Northampton and we all see how it affects them.

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Feb - 17:54

I think the problem is gowales, is that the Scarlets do in fact have depth, it's just the one's we've developed (Liam and Scott Williams) to cover John Davies and North being away, have now also been called up!

It seems every time we unearth a new gem to act as decent cover for us, they get snapped up too.

Definitely makes squad development and rotation a bit of a headache for Nigel Davies and co.

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Sun 19 Feb - 21:05

Also dreamer we have quite a few injuries and no real NWQ quality like Lualua and Rush to rely on when our internationals are away.

I still don't think it's lack of depth as we still have Warren, Maule, G Davies in the backs and Iestyn, Rhys T (until recently), Welch, Timani, McCusker, Turnbull and Murphy in the pack.

It's just the fragmented time/way the Scarlets (and all Welsh regions) have had with their internationals - their away, then rested and dripped slowly back into the squad, then they play the league then away again, then rested then 1 game in the league then HEC, then rested then league before going for a 6N training camp - away for a few internationals then a few are thrown back into the regional squad.

It's mad and gives no continuity to the side and means any players with real quality (North, JD2, Priestland) can't be relied on and the players who show real form covering for them (Liam & Scott Williams) are then called up as well

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down