The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nervous tension hanging in the air.

+4
rodders
TheGreyGhost
andy powells minder
Biltong
8 posters

Go down

Nervous tension hanging in the air. Empty Nervous tension hanging in the air.

Post by Biltong Mon 05 Sep 2011, 3:11 pm

I don't know about you guys, but I have this sense of overwhelming anticipation, I am excited yet nervous enough to kick the dog, Oh no Greyghost phoned the SPCa and the dog is gone.

I have been joking around today, but yet the nerves do not want to settle, there has been some remarks from the Welsh camp, just stirring the pot a tad.

There hasn't been too much banter from the springbok camp, I suppose they are focusing on the match ahead (hell, I hope so)

Anyway how do you guys feel, I am sitting in my office, not sure of whether i should go to the butchery and get some well spiced biltong, perhaps if I keep my mouth busy I will stop sitting in front of the keyboard hoping someone will alleviate my nerves and tell me they have been to the future and everything is going to be OK.

But then next week it starts all over again.

Can someone remind me why we put ourselves through this?
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Nervous tension hanging in the air. Empty Re: Nervous tension hanging in the air.

Post by andy powells minder Mon 05 Sep 2011, 3:13 pm

Because it makes us feel better people when we get dished a little humility now and then...................see you sunday! Wink

andy powells minder

Back to top Go down

Nervous tension hanging in the air. Empty Re: Nervous tension hanging in the air.

Post by TheGreyGhost Mon 05 Sep 2011, 3:17 pm

Biltong, I've made the mistake of getting nervous before Wales games as well.

At the end of the day, remember that they do like to talk themselves up but rarely back that up on the field.

If SA held out the NZ back line and got our set piece on the back foot, then the static sideways shuffling Welsh backline we saw beat England is unlikely to trouble them.

I haven't seen the future, but I have seen the past.

After that game though, the gloves will be off. You guys have won enough world cups and it's time to give an erm, more deserving home team the cup this time around.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by andy powells minder Mon 05 Sep 2011, 3:19 pm

GG, watchout, somebodies writing up a big order for humble pie as we speak, I've seen it in my water! Very Happy

andy powells minder

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 05 Sep 2011, 3:24 pm

TheGreyGhost wrote:Biltong, I've made the mistake of getting nervous before Wales games as well.

At the end of the day, remember that they do like to talk themselves up but rarely back that up on the field.

If SA held out the NZ back line and got our set piece on the back foot, then the static sideways shuffling Welsh backline we saw beat England is unlikely to trouble them.

I haven't seen the future, but I have seen the past.

After that game though, the gloves will be off. You guys have won enough world cups and it's time to give an erm, more deserving home team the cup this time around.

Now that is the closest you came of making me feel better, do you think you can phone the SPCA so I can get my dog back?
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Mon 05 Sep 2011, 3:27 pm

Erm, I think you need to start with a stuffed toy, and when you can get through a match without kicking that we can talk about the dog.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 05 Sep 2011, 3:28 pm

TheGreyGhost wrote:Erm, I think you need to start with a stuffed toy, and when you can get through a match without kicking that we can talk about the dog.

My wife took my stuffed toys away from me. Crying or Very sad
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 05 Sep 2011, 3:41 pm

Biltong I think all this talk about the 1974 lions has you rattled sir.....anyway it's not the Welsh you need to worry about...it's the Irish.... Leprechaun Run
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 05 Sep 2011, 3:43 pm

Shocked Are the Lions in our pool?

One game at a time Rodders.

One game at a time.

You shouldn't look forward to your demise with such urgency, go play a few pool games, enjoy a few wins, drink a couple of Ale , and be patient, your time will come. Wink
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Mon 05 Sep 2011, 4:08 pm

Don't worry Biltong, English Warrior had his toy taken away from him too. Only difference was it was inflatable.

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 05 Sep 2011, 4:10 pm

disneychilly wrote:Don't worry Biltong, English Warrior had his toy taken away from him too. Only difference was it was inflatable.

Yeah, and I bet you he didn't love her, he was just using her. Shocked
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Tue 06 Sep 2011, 12:06 am

It seems like its been like it since Jan the first,all we have had is the RWC,be glad when we actully see some Rugby.Tonga v Japan wahay go my beauties show the big boys how its done.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 06 Sep 2011, 8:45 am

biltongbek wrote:There has been some remarks from the Welsh camp, just stirring the pot a tad.

Is that true, Biltong? I haven't heard much from the Welsh camp - although there's still time for Gatland to give Peter de Villiers's team talk for him... Doh

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 06 Sep 2011, 9:20 am

It seems Gatland has been up to his old tricks, calling the boks a team "who don't play rugby" ....... Whistle
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 06 Sep 2011, 9:21 am

Tell me that's not true, Rodders!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 06 Sep 2011, 9:24 am

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/rugby/world-cup/muller-stands-up-for-springboks-16045681.html

Laugh afraid so luckless!
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 06 Sep 2011, 9:29 am

Oh FFS. When will he learn?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Tue 06 Sep 2011, 10:07 am

Do you think Botha is really out with an achillies injury? or is PDV bluffing.

Big loss for SA if it's true.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 06 Sep 2011, 10:28 am

It is not a guarantee that he is out yet, they will give him till firday to prove his fitness
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Tue 06 Sep 2011, 10:31 am

Achillies sounds bad though. If he isn't over that by Friday it could be months.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 06 Sep 2011, 10:35 am

From what I understand it is not the achilles that is the concern but rather a recurring knee problem.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Tue 06 Sep 2011, 10:36 am

If true sorry for Bakkes a great player,if it goes could be a year or two out
like Ali Williams.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Tue 06 Sep 2011, 10:42 am

Its probably just all that cured meat youre eating, open a window and it will disperse.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down