The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

College players to look out for?

+3
Colan (niner)
Karld
Derbyblue
7 posters

Go down

College players to look out for? Empty College players to look out for?

Post by Derbyblue Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:45 pm

Was thinking this thread could be slightly different to the draft prospects thread, we can all contribute posting who we've been impressed by in the games we've watched or players who we expect to do well this season or in future seasons?

From watching Marshall @ WVU.
Marshall's DE Vinny Curry, though the whole D-line was pretty good and put Geno Smith under a lot of pressure Curry seemed to me to be the best of the bunch.
WVU's QB Geno Smith, has the ability to run with the ball when necessary and get out of tackles did well extending the plays when the Marshall D-line had gotten pressure on him but sometimes he seemed to be trying to do too much instead of just throw the ball out of play.

From USF @ ND.
ND's WR Michael Floyd, think he's now under 20 yards off having Notre Dame's receiving yards record to go along with having the most touchdowns and most receptions records, probably had about 75% of Notre Dame's catches in the game.
ND's QB situation, although Crist has been named as the starter it is clear that if things aren't going well for him they have plenty of faith in Rees being able to turn the game around.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

College players to look out for? Empty Re: College players to look out for?

Post by Karld Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:29 pm

I dont know about a lot of the other teams but for LSU there is one clear rising star to look out for.

Tyrann Mathieu is the young corner who has moved into PP7's spot on D. He was basically tutored by Peterson and really made a statement with his performance in last season's cotton bowl.

He certainly has the raw potential and talent to be as good if not better than Peterson and should be, in my personal opinion, a 1st round draft pick by the time he declares.

Karld

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:43 pm

I was seriously impressed with lsu's other corner morris claiborne, i think thats his name and i feel he could be a 1st or 2nd rounder

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:02 pm

From our good friends at The Pulling Linemen:
Big QB's: Andrew Luck, Stanford; Matt Barkley, USC, Landry Jones Oklahoma + @TDonSport's (Toby3695 on here) fav Kellen Moore, Boise St
Linemen: Top rated is Matt Kalil (brother of Panther's Ryan) from USC. Riley Reiff (Iowa) will be good, and top C is Michael Brewster (OSU). And we should also give some love to one of our first followers: Centre for Tulsa, Trent Dupy (@Dupy53) - come 2013 he'll be big!

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by The Mangler US_UK Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:11 pm

Not trying to be a Sun Devil homer, but linebacker Vontaze Burfict from ASU is a beast. He might be the next Terrell Suggs (a former Sun Devil) if he can control his temper. He's been baited into personal fouls that have cost the Sun Devils a game or two, but supposedly he's maturing as a player. He was originally committed to play at USC but switched on National Signing Day and he's the highest ever ranked prospect to sign with us. Coach Dennis Erickson compares him to Ray Lewis, which isn't too shabby.

He is a junior but being rated as possibly the top linebacker of his class, I wouldn't be surprised to see him in next year's draft.

The Mangler US_UK

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:05 pm

i said a few times in the college football thread that burfict is the most imposing guy in college football in my opinion. He is genuinely scary, the music along with the highlight video of him i posted gave me nightmares lol. The guy is nfl ready and will be the best inside linebacker prospect since willis i think.

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Karld Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:26 am

niner wrote:I was seriously impressed with lsu's other corner morris claiborne, i think thats his name and i feel he could be a 1st or 2nd rounder
Also another really good raw talent, but at the moment he is just that...

He still has to develop and show a lot more consistancy before he can be considered a future star. Tyronn is much closer to the finished article and should be a 2nd or late 1st rounder when he declares. Especially since good corners seem to be more and more valued these days, weve taken Patrick Robinson and J.Patrick in the last two years due to the injuries you get in that area of the field.

Karld

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Charisma Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:49 pm

Forget the Andrew Luck sweepstakes i'd rather be in the Justin Blackmon sweepstakes.

The guy is a beast. Best WR in the draft since Calvin Johnson!

He would start on 95% of Nfl teams right now!

Captain Charisma

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:25 pm

Captain Charisma wrote:Forget the Andrew Luck sweepstakes i'd rather be in the Justin Blackmon sweepstakes.

Oklahoma State seem to be good at this big receiver thing... Dez Bryant is looking good if he would just stop being such a child off the field.

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:40 pm

Oklahoma Sooners to look out for from @British_Sooner:
On O, can Walkon RB Dom Whaley keep producing. Ryan Broyles is obvious along with K.Stills, Kameel Jackson FR WR will be a great 1!
On D FSU is a Statement game for Tom Wort! Tony Jefferson is a playmaker! Either D end R.Lewis or F.Alexander will have a big year.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by thunder and lightning Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:06 pm

I'd keep an eye on TY Hilton of FIU. The guy is a playmaker from anywhere on the field and could be a steal for someone in the draft.

thunder and lightning

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Charisma Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:47 am

crazy_dave23 wrote:
Captain Charisma wrote:Forget the Andrew Luck sweepstakes i'd rather be in the Justin Blackmon sweepstakes.

Oklahoma State seem to be good at this big receiver thing... Dez Bryant is looking good if he would just stop being such a child off the field.

Dez Bryant is exceptional but he went to Jerryworld and much like Romo will be mollycoddled as opposed to challenged to fulfil his potential.

Captain Charisma

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:20 pm

I saw a little bit of the LSU vs Mississippi State game last night, the D-line looked pretty impressive from what I saw, and the RB Spencer Ware looked good too. I can't go into much more detail than that as I didn't get to watch much of the game.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:27 pm

From Mel Kiper's Twitter:
True freshmen that have caught my eye. Jadeveon Clowney,DE, SC - Isaiah Crowell,RB,GA, - De'Anthony Thomas,RB,Oregon - Sammy Watkins,WR,Clem
More true freshmen - Austin Seferian-Jenkins,TE, Wash - Odell Beckham,WR,LSU - Malcolm Brown,RB, TX - Tim Jernigan, DL, FSU -

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:03 am

Derbyblue wrote:From Mel Kiper's Twitter:
True freshmen that have caught my eye. Jadeveon Clowney,DE, SC - Isaiah Crowell,RB,GA, - De'Anthony Thomas,RB,Oregon - Sammy Watkins,WR,Clem
More true freshmen - Austin Seferian-Jenkins,TE, Wash - Odell Beckham,WR,LSU - Malcolm Brown,RB, TX - Tim Jernigan, DL, FSU -

Isaiah Crowell had a great game against South Carolina last weekend. Has done well to pick up the buck after Caleb King left for the Supplemental Draft (Undrafted!). Clowney also did okay in that game and obviously has talent as the #1 recruit in the ESPN150 last year.

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down