The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone follow College Football

5 posters

Go down

Anyone follow College Football Empty Anyone follow College Football

Post by Leedscowboys Mon 16 May 2011, 5:59 pm

I have got more and more into this over the last couple of years, there are some exciting games, and some real rivalry. I hear that if there is no NFL season in 2011 some College teams are looking at playing on a Sunday (They tradaitionally play on a Saturday) this could have an impact on some teams in areas where College Football is quite dominant.

If you have ESPN you can watch the daily College Football news show on a weekday at 10.00pm

If anyone wants to start following a College team, let me know and I will try to find a team that can suit your personality.
Leedscowboys
Leedscowboys

Back to top Go down

Anyone follow College Football Empty Re: Anyone follow College Football

Post by simonhufc Mon 16 May 2011, 8:53 pm

By the sounds of it, you have ESPN, do you know of any webistes that stream college football for free. I bought NCAA for the ps3 a couple of months ago ( don't worry still acceptable I'm 18) and got really into Oregon. Know of any sites that will stream them?

simonhufc

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Mon 16 May 2011, 9:16 pm

I used to go out with a girl from New Orleans and I was totally staggered by the stories she told me about college football. She told me that the LSU Tigers had a stadium that could hold 100,000 people(?) and regularly got more spectators than the NO Saints.

Saints were her NFL team (naturally) and became my adopted team, but LSU were her real passion

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Leedscowboys Mon 16 May 2011, 9:28 pm

simonhufc wrote:By the sounds of it, you have ESPN, do you know of any webistes that stream college football for free. I bought NCAA for the ps3 a couple of months ago ( don't worry still acceptable I'm 18) and got really into Oregon. Know of any sites that will stream them?

Justin TV, Veetles, Adthec usually if you go to one, others will advertise elsewhere
Leedscowboys
Leedscowboys

Back to top Go down

Post by simonhufc Mon 16 May 2011, 9:38 pm

Cheers leeds,

College football is huge in America could argue it is bigger than NFL except Superbowl. Biggest stadium over there is Michigan Uni, can hold up to 113 000. Crazy big

simonhufc

Back to top Go down

Post by Leedscowboys Mon 16 May 2011, 10:02 pm

simonhufc wrote:Cheers leeds,

College football is huge in America could argue it is bigger than NFL except Superbowl. Biggest stadium over there is Michigan Uni, can hold up to 113 000. Crazy big

In viewing figures SB is tops but the BCS Championship bowl attendance can put Barcelona to shame
Leedscowboys
Leedscowboys

Back to top Go down

Post by TM Moot Tue 17 May 2011, 8:16 am

I know College Football is huge over there, but i do struggle with the structure of it.

Big 10, Pac 10 (Pacific?), Rose Bowl, Sugar Bowl....?!?!? :huh:

TM Moot

Back to top Go down

Post by Leedscowboys Tue 17 May 2011, 8:19 am

The latter 2 are part of the BCS series which is the SB of College Football, the Rose Bowl is the Granddaddy of them all, and has history of well over 100 years traditionally the winners of the Big 10 (now 12) and the Pac 10 (now 12) play in the Rosebowl.
Leedscowboys
Leedscowboys

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Tue 17 May 2011, 10:44 am

TM Moot - this has long been a bone of contention, but the system is so ingrained and suits certain institutions its unlikely to change. Its long been held that the college system should use playoffs, so that there is a champion produced purely by competition and not influenced by a voting system that is somewhat flawed.

I may well sign up to ESPN (I have a comparatively slow connection so streaming is a pain), as I also miss out on MNF since they took it on. Its not cheap, so I've avoided it until now, but if there's no NFL (or at least if the threat extends into September) then I'll be sorely tempted.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Leedscowboys Tue 17 May 2011, 11:45 am

£10.00 Extra for Espn, you get weekly MNF games, Sunday NFL countdown, through the season plus College games if you wish to watch.
Leedscowboys
Leedscowboys

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Tue 17 May 2011, 11:49 am

Oh, I know, but £120 for 3-4 months of sport I actually care about isn't cheap, especially on top of my Sky sub. Thank you to the government for forcing all the service monopolies to be broken up, except TV!

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down