The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Audley's looking to emulate Joe Calzaghe

+10
Mind the windows Tino.
sodhat
pauline1981
TopHat24/7
88Chris05
ONETWOFOREVER
Union Cane
TRUSSMAN66
Valero's Conscience
Rowley
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Audley's looking to emulate Joe Calzaghe Empty Audley's looking to emulate Joe Calzaghe

Post by Guest Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:16 pm

Light hearted one for ya...Audley's next big fight? The battle for the hearts and minds of the Great British public in "Strictly Come Dancing!"

Can Audley do better than Joe (shouldn't be hard), will it springboard him to another World title shot (let's hope not)?

Back to top Go down

Audley's looking to emulate Joe Calzaghe Empty Re: Audley's looking to emulate Joe Calzaghe

Post by Rowley Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:21 pm

Glad someone else is paying this story the attention it clearly deserves, some cynics have suggested he will do little in the first two rounds before getting knocked out in the third but I am obviously not one of those. Am wildly excited about this as it combines my two favourite things, boxing and erm camp prime time Saturday night light entertainment.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Audley's looking to emulate Joe Calzaghe Empty Re: Audley's looking to emulate Joe Calzaghe

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:21 pm

He'll be in with a shout of winning the show if he can dance the Cakewalk, which is defined as a 'prancing stage dance with backward tilt'!!!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:24 pm

Won't be watching so good luck to him....

What a catch for the show a basic no-heart muppet...

Better question is can strictly stoop any lower??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:24 pm

I saw he was introduced as "Olympic Gold Medallist" during the grand unveiling ceremony last night. Says a lot for his 'achievements' since 2000.

Didn't he have a big fall out with the BBC and call them 'institutionally racist' at some point?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:25 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Why, you hoping to get the call next year Truss?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:26 pm

You didn't disappoint me Rowley...I wrote that in the knowledge someone would write that!!

Not that you are a predictable kinda guy of course!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:27 pm

rowley wrote:Glad someone else is paying this story the attention it clearly deserves, some cynics have suggested he will do little in the first two rounds before getting knocked out in the third but I am obviously not one of those. Am wildly excited about this as it combines my two favourite things, boxing and erm camp prime time Saturday night light entertainment.
[quote]

Sadly my wife will use Audley as an excuse to try and justify watching it when I'm in the room, saying "You know him don't you?" Something tells me, I'm not going to escape by saying, "I don't care."

What odds Audley saying it's his destiny to win or saying, "back to the drawing board" once he's eliminated!

My biggest hope is that he takes a swing at Brucie

TRUSS is only bitter as he believes his felling of the guy "off his face on acid or something" automatically guaranteed him a spot on the show.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:27 pm

I aim to please Truss

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:27 pm

I wrote that in the knowledge someone would write that.....

Dear oh dear......must do better!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:29 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I wrote that in the knowledge someone would write that.....

Dear oh dear......must do better!

THIS is why Audley got the call and not YOU?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:31 pm

Not being funny Dave and as you know I appreciate your contribution.. but as you only post two articles a decade...

Could you not have have offered something more substantial....

Re-iteration it's a question not a dig!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:31 pm

Maybe he will dance his way into our hearts DAVE. These reality shows always lead to other things so maybe he will get another title shot if he wins.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:31 pm

Audley's interviews, as ever, might provide the odd giggle here and there. I can see it now, he's been voted off and departs with;

"You know, this whole process has been about earning redemption. Earning the respect of the British public. The heart they say I don't have, I've proved it with my foxtrot. Hard work every day in the studio, it's been blood, sweat and tears to get to where I am now, the third round of Strictly. But the dream ain't over. I'm gonna head back to the studio on Monday, gonna get myself back to the top, get myself back here, and in 2012 you'll see - Audley Harrison is the NEW Strictly come Dancing champion, no doubt!"
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:32 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Won't be watching so good luck to him....

Lower? It's got Holly Valance in it this year - worth the licence fee alone seeing her prance around in some skimpy little sequined number!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:34 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Won't be watching so good luck to him....

Lower? It's got Holly Valance in it this year - worth the licence fee alone seeing her prance around in some skimpy little sequined number!

and lets not forger the delightful Ola Jordan, all of a sudden licence fee is looking a bargain

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:36 pm

Funny how guys like Jeff and others admit they enjoy watching men with false tans prancing around in tights...

Proud I'm an American beefster!!!!!!!!!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:36 pm

In answer to your query TRUSS, I could have posted something more substantial but a bit of light hearted fluff seemed appropriate with all the ill-feeling floating around at the minute. I may get my teeth into something meatier but for the moment I'm content to chip in on other threads rather that create my own for now....and of course I DID preface it with "lighthearted one for ya"

By the way, everyone know you're not being funny...

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:39 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Funny how guys like Jeff and others admit they enjoy watching men with false tans prancing around in tights...

Not sure which one is worse, personally; men with false tans prancing around in tights, or men with bulging muscles, in tiny little knickers all oiled up flexing in front of their fellow man?

Yep, it's the oiled ones by a nose!
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:39 pm

I watch the show TRUSS man the things I would do to them dancers. That Aliona whatever her name is and Ola Jorden she may be getting on a bit but she would get it. I hope she is partnered with Audley.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:39 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Funny how guys like Jeff and others admit they enjoy watching men with false tans prancing around in tights...

[quote]

Racist, Audley's really that colour, it ain't false tan

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline1981 Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:40 pm

he be first out

pauline1981

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:40 pm

I was just asking a question.....I look forward to your threads you know that!!

You carry a reputation for excellence..Just wouldn't want to see you let yourself down..

No wum intent I assure you.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:40 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Maybe he will dance his way into our hearts DAVE. These reality shows always lead to other things so maybe he will get another title shot if he wins.

I sincerely hope he'll be required to prove he has more in his locker than a stunning waltz to get a World Heavyweight Championship match.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:42 pm

sodhat wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Maybe he will dance his way into our hearts DAVE. These reality shows always lead to other things so maybe he will get another title shot if he wins.

I sincerely hope he'll be required to prove he has more in his locker than a stunning waltz to get a World Heavyweight Championship match.

Well, if Tyson Fury can beat Dereck Chisora and be offered a crack at Wlad, I reckon a half decent Waltz will get Audley a belt outright

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:42 pm

Sure I am far from the only person on here who watches it. The difference between me and the others is I am comfortable enough in my sexuality to not pretend the missus makes me or whatever guff anyone else feels the need to hide behind

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:44 pm

I come on here to talk about the manly art of Boxing to find threads on girlie-boys with false tans prancing about in tights...

Never look at certain posters in the same way..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:45 pm

DAVE667 wrote:

What, and change the habit of a lifetime?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:45 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I come on here to talk about the manly art of Boxing to find threads on girlie-boys with false tans prancing about in tights...

You have to make allowances for those of us who do not get chance to satisfy that need on the weightlifting board Truss

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:47 pm

rowley wrote:Sure I am far from the only person on here who watches it. The difference between me and the others is I am comfortable enough in my sexuality to not pretend the missus makes me or whatever guff anyone else feels the need to hide behind

ha, you mean the difference is that you're the only one who bothers to get dressed up in a frilly shirt and cuban heels...I don't do that anymore...kept spilling my margaritas down the front

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline1981 Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:47 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

audley is to nice to hit brucie

pauline1981

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:47 pm

Nice one.......

But we don't prance about in the gym Rowley!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:49 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Nice one.......

Will come as no shock to you if I tell you I wouldn't know mate

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:50 pm

DAVE667 wrote:

Wouldn't faze Brucie, he's got good footwork and a good set of whiskers on him...

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:52 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Nice one.......

They save that for the showers afterwards

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:53 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
sodhat wrote:

Well, if Tyson Fury can beat Dereck Chisora and be offered a crack at Wlad, I reckon a half decent Waltz will get Audley a belt outright

I actually think Audley could do good on strictly,his non violent approach is just perfect for the dance floor.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:57 pm

Sadly, the Tango requires an element of passion...which may trip Audley up...literally!

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:57 pm

Should think that's why Audley was invited..

as there is no chance of any violence.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:02 pm

rowley wrote:Sure I am far from the only person on here who watches it. The difference between me and the others is I am comfortable enough in my sexuality to not pretend the missus makes me or whatever guff anyone else feels the need to hide behind

I also watch it, although I am gay so no real surprise there.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:04 pm

although I am gay so no real surprise there..

That's why we've never brought it up (pardon the oun)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:05 pm

Although, I've just brought up my lunch after Tino's revelation

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:06 pm

You'd have been better off using the quote button there Truss.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:07 pm

Not really Union...people who read my stuff can generally feel the aura of my masculinity.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:09 pm

Ahh, that's what it is.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:10 pm

I'm still wondering what an oun is? How do I pardon something if I have no idea what it is?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:10 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Not really Union...people who read my stuff can generally feel the aura of my masculinity.....

Sounds like TRUSS has renamed his private parts "the aura of my masculity" and extended a open, and very disturbing, invitation to the board

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:13 pm

Is this a 606 coming out first?!

I'm just wondering if Audley has been told that this if he wins this then his popularity will be so high the KBros will have to fight him?

I'm half expecting his dance partner to come running at him and Audley giving it his usual rabbit in the headlight look before failing to do anything as she clobbers into his motionless self. Before the judges he'll probably claim the dream is still there and not to give up on him.

Surprised Enzo Macc doesn't fancy a go, but then again with that twirling from his partner and resulting air movements he'd probably be rendered unconscious. Doubt the BBC health and safety execs would let him do it etc.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:17 pm

Coxy, the BBC are prepared to allow the British public to see Brucie's face up close and in High Definition. I doubt they're overly concerned with safety

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:18 pm

coxy0001 wrote:

Is this a 606 coming out first?!

Why, you interested?

Have to own up Coxy, it was actually a poor attempt at insinuating that Jeff was, infact, a chuffer.

Although thinking about it, I don't like football anymore, never had a fight in my life and rather enjoy shopping so I will have to ask myself some rather searching questions later on.

I do have four beautiful children. None of them look remotely like me though.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:19 pm

I do have four beautiful children. None of them look remotely like me though.
They tend not to if you randomly abduct them from the supermarket

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next