The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McCloskey vs Prescott

+12
eddyfightfan
trottb
Liam_Main
DaveVDK
Small Time
bhb001
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
The Galveston Giant
Mind the windows Tino.
paperbag_puncher
TRUSSMAN66
Pedro147
16 posters

Go down

McCloskey vs Prescott Empty McCloskey vs Prescott

Post by Pedro147 Wed 07 Sep 2011, 10:06 pm

Hi Guys, sorry for the late post I've been studying all day, not cool on a day off from work but exams next week.

This fight on the weekend and is now the main fight with Martinez's withdrawal from the Frampton fight due to his father being very ill. So how do you see this fight going? I can't really seeing Prescott winning on points so the longer it goes the better I think McCloskey's chances are. I feel Prescott will become wild and desperate as he did in his fight with Mitchell.

My own opinion is that it will go the exact same as that with Dudey on his toes all night and not engaging in any tear ups and winning on a comfortable points decision.

Opinions welcome guys Smile

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

McCloskey vs Prescott Empty Re: McCloskey vs Prescott

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 07 Sep 2011, 10:10 pm

Shutout..........Mcloskey outboxes the telegraphed-clubfighter-with a punch....

Guy has traded on his Khan win too long and it's time he went off into the sunset.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Wed 07 Sep 2011, 10:14 pm

Same as yourself McCloskey on points. He'll be too clever and elusive for Prescott whos a crude slugger. Anyone with decent skills and chin will beat him. Shouldn't be a bad watch.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 07 Sep 2011, 10:16 pm

Got to agree with our resident Boston Beefsteak, it's a pretty comfortable points win for McCloskey.

I think Mitchell exposed Prescott's limitations and whilst I doubt that McCloskey will stand in range too much, he will be in and out enough to pick up points whilst avoiding Prescott's only chance of victory which is landing a humdinger of a punch.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Wed 07 Sep 2011, 10:38 pm

Mitchell left the blueprint on how to beat Prescott, i expect McCloskey to win a UD but i expect a scare or two along the way. Prescott's only stoppage win since Khan was against a novice opponent who had lost 5 in a row, he had won nearly every fight before Khan by early KO. Says it all really. If you watch the Khan/Prescott fight, the trainer who Amir had who recommended Prescott, you see him jumping up like he's cheering when Amir is hitting the deck in the slow motion replays, i remember seeing it at the time thinking it was a little odd.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 07 Sep 2011, 10:47 pm

Maybe he wanted to join in with the rest of us.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 07 Sep 2011, 10:49 pm

McCloskey should box Prescotts ears off. Like has been said Prescott has lived off the Khan win for too long. No matter who wins I can't see either getting the re match with Khan they both want.

Last edited by prettyboykev on Wed 07 Sep 2011, 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 07 Sep 2011, 10:51 pm

I imagine Khan will vacate eventually to try 147and Mcloskey will go after the belt......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Wed 07 Sep 2011, 10:51 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Maybe he wanted to join in with the rest of us.
Laugh Yeah neither will get a rematch with Khan and would be best to concentrate on their own careers, i don't think either deserves it on the back of this fight aswell.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu 08 Sep 2011, 2:17 pm

McCloskey will win by points and then use it as justification on why he should have a re-match with Khan. That fight will be made by fish eyes, Khan will win easily if he concentrates and everyone who has paid good money for it will go home poorer

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 08 Sep 2011, 2:19 pm

Isn't he justified.....stopped on a technicality.....and who earns a shot these days anyway????

Not fussed if he gets a shot or not but there are worse candidates.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu 08 Sep 2011, 2:57 pm

Good point Truss, but not a fight I would be particularly waiting for with bated breath

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Sep 2011, 3:22 pm

The Galveston Giant wrote:Mitchell left the blueprint on how to beat Prescott, i expect McCloskey to win a UD but i expect a scare or two along the way. Prescott's only stoppage win since Khan was against a novice opponent who had lost 5 in a row, he had won nearly every fight before Khan by early KO. Says it all really. If you watch the Khan/Prescott fight, the trainer who Amir had who recommended Prescott, you see him jumping up like he's cheering when Amir is hitting the deck in the slow motion replays, i remember seeing it at the time thinking it was a little odd.

Wasn't that trainer Columbian too? Whistle

Back to top Go down

Post by Small Time Thu 08 Sep 2011, 4:50 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Shutout..........Mcloskey outboxes the telegraphed-clubfighter-with a punch....

Guy has traded on his Khan win too long and it's time he went off into the sunset.....

I'll second that.

Small Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Thu 08 Sep 2011, 5:11 pm

emancipator wrote:
The Galveston Giant wrote:Mitchell left the blueprint on how to beat Prescott, i expect McCloskey to win a UD but i expect a scare or two along the way. Prescott's only stoppage win since Khan was against a novice opponent who had lost 5 in a row, he had won nearly every fight before Khan by early KO. Says it all really. If you watch the Khan/Prescott fight, the trainer who Amir had who recommended Prescott, you see him jumping up like he's cheering when Amir is hitting the deck in the slow motion replays, i remember seeing it at the time thinking it was a little odd.

Cuban I believe.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveVDK Thu 08 Sep 2011, 5:22 pm

Cant see anything but a mitchell-style UD to mcloskey in this case, mcloskey far too slick for the one dimensional prescott

DaveVDK

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Sep 2011, 6:45 pm

Pedro147 wrote:
emancipator wrote:

Cuban I believe.

Can we pretend that he was Columbian?

thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Sep 2011, 6:52 pm

Given that Warren wanted to cut his throat and drag his tongue out through the hole, I think it's a reasonable request.

I'm going to buck the trend and say McClosky looks dreadful, the home fans look embarrassed and people start to question what all the fuss was about.

Honestly don't care who wins, I'm about as interested in this as I am in who Martin Rogan fights next.

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Thu 08 Sep 2011, 6:57 pm

Just say for instance Prescott did win does anyone think Khan will be willing to give him a rematch?
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Thu 08 Sep 2011, 7:03 pm

Liam_Main wrote:Just say for instance Prescott did win does anyone think Khan will be willing to give him a rematch?

No, has nothing to gain everything to lose.

I don't think we can completely write Prescott off for this fight, claims the massive weight loss affected him against Mitchell and coming off of the back of 2 wins he could still pose a big risk especially with his punching power.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Thu 08 Sep 2011, 8:10 pm

the only way either will get a rematch is if khan loses his next fight, then i can see khans team making the fight just so khan gets a easy comeback fight, that is easy to justify.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Fri 09 Sep 2011, 4:28 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Isn't he justified.....stopped on a technicality.....and who earns a shot these days anyway????

My thoughts excatly, think however the Doc robbed McCloskey, as Khan was not in shape for the fight, he under rated McCloskey, if he did get a rematch Khan would win as he wouldn't take McCloskey so lightly again,

See this as a McCloskey and Framton both winning.

Its reported that Maidana lined up to face the winner of this fight, if thats the case it may be the route back to Khan.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 09 Sep 2011, 4:34 pm

Kingshu wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Isn't he justified.....stopped on a technicality.....and who earns a shot these days anyway????

My thoughts excatly, think however the Doc robbed McCloskey, as Khan was not in shape for the fight, he under rated McCloskey, if he did get a rematch Khan would win as he wouldn't take McCloskey so lightly again,

See this as a McCloskey and Framton both winning.

Its reported that Maidana lined up to face the winner of this fight, if thats the case it may be the route back to Khan.

He won every round before the cut and was looking better as the fight went on.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Fri 09 Sep 2011, 5:05 pm

Do you really think the fight should have been stopped for that cut?

if you think it shouldn't have been, then you agree with me McCloskey was robbed of his chance (no matter how small it was) by a bad Doc's decision

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 09 Sep 2011, 5:12 pm

I agree it shouldn't have been stopped hence the fact I never highlighted that part of your post. It's the rest of the stuff about Khan that is nonsense.

Where is the evidence to suggest Khan was out of shape or under rated McCloskey?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Fri 09 Sep 2011, 5:12 pm

McCloskey was robbed of a prolonged beating. He wasnt throwing anything and Khan was starting to catch him.

I dont remember McCloskey complaining too much when it was stopped, but I am not sure about this (will have to have another look.)

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Fri 09 Sep 2011, 7:12 pm

Prettyboykev i also think Khan would have also probably won. but the not it shape is true, while he wasn't in bad shape he did come out of training camp twovweeks early and promote the fight and then had the probs with sky etc. Khan wouldn't have some out of camp 2 weeks early for mayweather. if they had a reach Khan wouldn't come out of camp 2 weeks early again.

Had this argument before so couldn't be bothered going through it all again.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Fri 09 Sep 2011, 8:31 pm

prescot, mccloskey and maidana should stop trying to get another payday out of khan again and take on the best in the division if they want to gain credibility. prescot had a chance to get back in the frame for a rematch when he faced mitchell, and got pasted. mccloskey look thankfull for the stoppage after been leather for 6 rounds by khan who looked poor in comparison to his usual self, and has shown he can deal with awkward southpaws in judah since then and maidana landed a few good shots in the 10th but was outclassed the rest of the fight (and was very nearly finished in the 1st). all 3 are a backwards step for khan and are riding on the back of amirs success.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Sat 10 Sep 2011, 6:42 am

I'm not Khan's biggest fan, but do agree that fighting either McCloskey or Prescott would be a backward step for him. To keep building a legacy, Khan needs to continue to fight world class opponents. It is therefore up to these other fighters to prove they are credible opponents before they deserve a rematch. Anyway, McCloskey on UD for the fight before us

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by TechInept Sat 10 Sep 2011, 10:33 am

Everything points to McCloskey UD, but I don't think it'll be easy at all. It'll be like a rubbish version of Khan-Maidana. I mean technically, It'll be good to watch!

TechInept

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonLion Sat 10 Sep 2011, 11:58 am

Is this on UK TV tonight?

LondonLion

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:16 pm

LondonLion wrote:Is this on UK TV tonight?

Yep, Sky Sports
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:44 pm

what time?

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 10 Sep 2011, 2:05 pm