The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McCloskey v Prescott - September 10th

+11
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Scottrf
paperbag_puncher
ian_jamsie
bhb001
BALTIMORA
Fists of Fury
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
TRUSSMAN66
The Galveston Giant
Young_Towzer
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

McCloskey v Prescott - September 10th Empty McCloskey v Prescott - September 10th

Post by Young_Towzer Tue 19 Jul 2011, 8:17 pm

from the beeb
Paul McCloskey will take on Colombian Breidis Prescott in a WBA Light Welterweight title eliminator in Belfast on 10 September.

The Dungiven fighter will make his return to the ring at the Odyssey Arena after his controversial points defeat to Amir Khan in April.

Prescott, who is three years younger than McCloskey at 28, is the only fighter to have beaten Khan.

The shock win over Khan in 2008 is one of Prescott's 19 knock-out victories.

The Miami-based Prescott stopped Khan inside a minute of the opening round.

"I promise that if Amir is watching, and he happended to forget what occurred back in 2008, I will give him a reminder by my performance on 10 September." said Prescott on Tuesday.

"I can only hope that after I win, Amir keeps his promise and gets back in the ring with me."

McCloskey lost out to WBA champion Khan in Manchester after a clash of heads in the sixth round.

It resulted in a cut above McCloskey's eye and after consultation with the ringside doctor the referee stopped the fight.

"The Amir Khan experience was obviously disappointing but what better way to come back from that than by beating the only man to have ever beaten him," said promoter Eddie Hearn.

"Paul is one win way from another crack at a world title and it's going to be a special night at the Odyssey."

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

McCloskey v Prescott - September 10th Empty Re: McCloskey v Prescott - September 10th

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 19 Jul 2011, 8:23 pm

Interesting fight.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

McCloskey v Prescott - September 10th Empty Re: McCloskey v Prescott - September 10th

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 19 Jul 2011, 8:25 pm

What has Prescott done to deserve an eliminator?????

Ridiculous........Mcloskey gets his ears boxed off...and this lucky punch, one dimensional journeyman gets slapped around....

what next Bugner v frazier for a shot at Vitali..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 19 Jul 2011, 8:38 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:What has Prescott done to deserve an eliminator?????

Ridiculous........Mcloskey gets his ears boxed off...and this lucky punch, one dimensional journeyman gets slapped around....

what next Bugner v frazier for a shot at Vitali..

Maybe a bit far fetched how about Holyfield vs Rahmnan?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 19 Jul 2011, 8:39 pm

I'll buy that..

Maybe on the undercard!!!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 19 Jul 2011, 8:42 pm

Truss the sad thing is I wouldn't be surprised if Holy gets a shot before he eventually retires.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Tue 19 Jul 2011, 8:47 pm

Prescott wins this imo, if he does will be funny to see Khan vacate the WBA title and move up, coincidently.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 19 Jul 2011, 8:48 pm

Young_Towzer wrote:Prescott wins this imo, if he does will be funny to see Khan vacate the WBA title and move up, coincidently.

Khan ducking Prescott you starting a rumour? Or have you got inside knowledge?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 19 Jul 2011, 8:48 pm

He loses...to the better fighter...mcloskey

and if he does get lucky..gets his butt handed to him by a better and much improved fighter...khan

You overrate Prescott my little friend.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Tue 19 Jul 2011, 8:53 pm

prettyboykev wrote:
Young_Towzer wrote:Prescott wins this imo, if he does will be funny to see Khan vacate the WBA title and move up, coincidently.

I think he's avoided him, definitely. We'll find out won't we if Prescott wins which i think he will, that hands down style won't work with an hitter, then if Khan's ordered to defend against Prescott, i have an ultra confident feeling he'll vacate the title and move up to 147.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 19 Jul 2011, 8:55 pm

Young_Towzer wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:

I think he's avoided him, definitely. We'll find out won't we if Prescott wins which i think he will, that hands down style won't work with an hitter, then if Khan's ordered to defend against Prescott, i have an ultra confident feeling he'll vacate the title and move up to 147.

I don't see why he would duck Prescott and fight Maidana and Judah. Makes no sense both of them would wipe the floor with Prescott and both can punch. Khan has moved above Prescott who has been poor since he beat Khan.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 19 Jul 2011, 8:56 pm

You're wrong...khan has outgrown prescott now...It's a step back for him and I hope he doesn't fight him...

Prescott has been shown to be limited in his last few outings and Khan under Roach has improved immensely..

Touch of wishful thinking in your article my friend..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Tue 19 Jul 2011, 8:59 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You're wrong...khan has outgrown prescott now...It's a step back for him and I hope he doesn't fight him...

Prescott has been shown to be limited in his last few outings and Khan under Roach has improved immensely..

Touch of wishful thinking in your article my friend..
I couldn't disagree more, Prescott has looked good of late and especially in his last fight, granted not against a world class fighter but he showed decent boxing skills, the fight would sell and be a good fight after what happened the first time, when Khan got blasted out in a minute.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 19 Jul 2011, 9:01 pm

Young_Towzer wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:

Mate like me your not a Khan fan. Why do you want him to fight Prescott again? I want to see him fight someone that wipes the floor with him and has the ability to embarass him like Floyd.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 19 Jul 2011, 9:04 pm

I can't believe what I am reading here...nobody should think that Prescott is a better option than Maidana or Judah. That fight was a long time ago now in terms of Khan's career development, and Prescott has shown since that he doesn't really belong at the level that Khan is now operating at.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Tue 19 Jul 2011, 9:07 pm

prettyboykev wrote:
Young_Towzer wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:

Mate like me your not a Khan fan. Why do you want him to fight Prescott again? I want to see him fight someone that wipes the floor with him and has the ability to embarass him like Floyd.
To be honest kev, i think i'd like to see the Prescott fight again like everyone would because we'll see if he's truly got over it, and it would be guaranteed to sell. I'd also admittedly love to see him try and get up but fall over again like someone who's had 20 pints.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Tue 19 Jul 2011, 9:07 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:I can't believe what I am reading here...nobody should think that Prescott is a better option than Maidana or Judah. That fight was a long time ago now in terms of Khan's career development, and Prescott has shown since that he doesn't really belong at the level that Khan is now operating at.
Judah's shot to bits and an has been, Maidana robbed a shot and aged Morales, may disagree with me but Morales boxed his head off and he's shot to bits....

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 19 Jul 2011, 9:09 pm

Khan fought the wrong fight the first time....

why should a guy who's been humbled by guys at domestic level worry a world champion with Maidana, Paulie,Mcloskey on his record???

Waste of time..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 19 Jul 2011, 9:13 pm

Young_Towzer wrote:
Fists of Fury wrote:I can't believe what I am reading here...nobody should think that Prescott is a better option than Maidana or Judah. That fight was a long time ago now in terms of Khan's career development, and Prescott has shown since that he doesn't really belong at the level that Khan is now operating at.
Judah's shot to bits and an has been, Maidana robbed a shot and aged Morales, may disagree with me but Morales boxed his head off and he's shot to bits....

I bet you rate Victor Ortiz though, right? Maidana was poor against Morales, but he hammered Ortiz into submission. One bad fight doesn't mean he is a terrible fighter.

A shot Judah (if he is shot, that is, which we don't know for sure yet) would still have an easy nights work against Prescott.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 19 Jul 2011, 9:13 pm

I think Khan has developed too much now for Prescott to have any chance against him, be good to see him against McCloskey though, if he causes an upset and blows him out of there quick, then the Khan fight may look interesting again.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 19 Jul 2011, 9:15 pm

Think KHan has bigger fish to fry.......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Tue 19 Jul 2011, 9:18 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Khan fought the wrong fight the first time....

why should a guy who's been humbled by guys at domestic level worry a world champion with Maidana, Paulie,Mcloskey on his record???

Waste of time..
Malignaggi's awful, McCloskey domestic/euro at a push....

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 19 Jul 2011, 9:21 pm

Paulie is an ex world champion with good names on his record...Mcloskey is european level......

Prescott has lost two of his last 5 fights...and the three wins have been against non-entities..

Think before you post..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 19 Jul 2011, 9:29 pm

Malignaggi is a good fighter and very tough although I'm not a Khan fan I know a good performance when I see one and that was one the Magic Man is not an easy guy to stop.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Tue 19 Jul 2011, 9:37 pm

Malignaggi's awful?? Your idol Cotto didn't stop him, but Khan did. Seriously Towser, you're probably the only person on here who wants to see Khan rematch Prescott. He dealt with those demons when he fought Maidana. It's old news.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Tue 19 Jul 2011, 9:45 pm

After the earlier article on Mitchell vs Katsidis, this just seems like a poor joke. McCloskey wins easily and then says how much better he is than Khan because he beat the man who beat the man. I am not much of a fan of Khan, but his sights are, quite rightly, higher than this. Warren isn't managing his career any more!!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 19 Jul 2011, 9:47 pm

well put..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Tue 19 Jul 2011, 10:08 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:Malignaggi's awful?? Your idol Cotto didn't stop him, but Khan did. Seriously Towser, you're probably the only person on here who wants to see Khan rematch Prescott. He dealt with those demons when he fought Maidana. It's old news.
My idol? it was at 10 stone when Cotto was drained to bits and he still battered him, dropped him and broke his jaw, and? Mayweather didn't stop Baldomir but Alvarez did, does that mean Alvarez is better than Mayweather? course it doesn't. Malignaggi is garbage, he talks the talk all the time and gets knocked out or battered.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 19 Jul 2011, 10:10 pm

dropped him and broke his jaw and?????

and went the distance...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Tue 19 Jul 2011, 10:15 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:dropped him and broke his jaw and?????

and went the distance...

So, you could make a list that would last forever about quality fighters not stopping mediocre ones...

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 19 Jul 2011, 10:19 pm

I'm not the one making a poor job of rebutting someone's opinion.....

He pointed out that you don't rate Khan and yet he stopped Paulie when your man couldn't...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Tue 19 Jul 2011, 10:20 pm

Former world champion. Been performing at a high level for years.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 19 Jul 2011, 10:25 pm

On the one hand you slag Mcloskey off and then you say you're looking forward to Prescott - khan...

So a win over Mcloskey in your eyes is deserving of a shot at a world title..

I'm confused mate.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ian_jamsie Tue 19 Jul 2011, 10:26 pm

The Galveston Giant wrote:Interesting fight.

Dull one sided pasting.

Prescott was a limited fighter brought in for Khan to give a pasting, caught Khan early and was then sold as this great puncher.

It will be a UD to McCloskey. Probably a shutout.

ian_jamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Tue 19 Jul 2011, 10:27 pm

Prescott got lucky. Great thing about boxing, one punch can end it all. A rematch will prove nothing but could understand someone wanting to avenge a loss. Much bigger fights out there though.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by ian_jamsie Tue 19 Jul 2011, 10:28 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:Malignaggi's awful?? Your idol Cotto didn't stop him, but Khan did. Seriously Towser, you're probably the only person on here who wants to see Khan rematch Prescott. He dealt with those demons when he fought Maidana. It's old news.

Not only did Cotto not stop him there was more than an arguement for Paulie to get the nod in that fight.

ian_jamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Tue 19 Jul 2011, 10:28 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:Former world champion. Been performing at a high level for years.
Yes, a bit like Lovemore Ndou, who beat him twice and was robbed.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 19 Jul 2011, 10:29 pm

I thought Witherspoon was robbed against Larry....

You can do better than that..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Tue 19 Jul 2011, 10:32 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I thought Witherspoon was robbed against Larry....

I don't need to do better than anything, imo Malignaggi is boring and garbage

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 19 Jul 2011, 10:33 pm

and he beat N'dou twice...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 19 Jul 2011, 10:33 pm

Young_Towzer wrote:

Malignaggi boring? Are you on drugs mate?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Tue 19 Jul 2011, 10:38 pm

prettyboykev wrote:
Young_Towzer wrote:

I don't listen to people who DON'T and have NEVER backed up what they say
Talks utter verbal nonsense imo, his style bores me as well, i don't watch his fights anyway unless he fights a exciting fighter, seen the Khan and Hatton ones after Cotto.
PS Don't start on the drugs kev i'll sue you for every penny your worth, 10p and your buy as you view laptop Very Happy

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 19 Jul 2011, 10:40 pm

Malignaggi's record is better than Prescott's and this guy finds him exciting...

Maybe you need to try to back up what you say...

because " he's garbage and you don't watch him fight".....contradiction there perhaps!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Tue 19 Jul 2011, 10:43 pm

Towser, does any of what you type actually pass any kind of vetting system in your brain? Of course a boxer's gonna say he's gonna beat his opponent! Remember Mosley and Margarito saying they were gonna beat Pacquiao? Remember all Mayweather's opponents saying they were gonna beat him? Remember Cotto saying he was gonna beat Pacquiao..?

Your arguments hold no water!!

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 19 Jul 2011, 10:45 pm

Young_Towzer wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:
Young_Towzer wrote:

I don't listen to people who DON'T and have NEVER backed up what they say
Talks utter verbal nonsense imo, his style bores me as well, i don't watch his fights anyway unless he fights a exciting fighter, seen the Khan and Hatton ones after Cotto.
PS Don't start on the drugs kev i'll sue you for every penny your worth, 10p and your buy as you view laptop Very Happy

You'd be lucky to get 10p out of me mate. I like the Magic Man I think he's funny he keeps telling people he's going to knock them out.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Tue 19 Jul 2011, 10:46 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:Towser, does any of what you type actually pass any kind of vetting system in your brain? Of course a boxer's gonna say he's gonna beat his opponent! Remember Mosley and Margarito saying they were gonna beat Pacquiao? Remember all Mayweather's opponents saying they were gonna beat him? Remember Cotto saying he was gonna beat Pacquiao..?

Get me 1 thing he's done that has been brilliant? he's an overrated garbage fighter, imo. Deal with it....

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 19 Jul 2011, 10:47 pm

Young_Towzer wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:Towser, does any of what you type actually pass any kind of vetting system in your brain? Of course a boxer's gonna say he's gonna beat his opponent! Remember Mosley and Margarito saying they were gonna beat Pacquiao? Remember all Mayweather's opponents saying they were gonna beat him? Remember Cotto saying he was gonna beat Pacquiao..?

Get me 1 thing he's done that has been brilliant? he's an overrated garbage fighter, imo. Deal with it....
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img861/8350/malignaggi.jpg

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 19 Jul 2011, 10:50 pm

Scottrf wrote:
Young_Towzer wrote:

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img861/8350/malignaggi.jpg

This is why you have to love the Magic Man.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Tue 19 Jul 2011, 10:51 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Malignaggi's record is better than Prescott's and this guy finds him exciting...

Maybe you need to try to back up what you say...

because " he's garbage and you don't watch him fight".....contradiction there perhaps!!!
Didn't say i find him exciting, i said a rematch with Khan would be decent imo. Malignaggi was never, ever gonna trouble Khan, he couldn't knock him out even with Khan's paper chin or outwork, outspeed him, bit similar to saturday imo, only difference is Judah can punch, but he's a shot hasbeen and Khan will win COMFORTABLY.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Tue 19 Jul 2011, 10:51 pm

Thank you Scott. Point proven. He spoke out about the poor scoring in his first Diaz fight, and won the rematch. He always comes to fight, and has a huge heart. He comes in prepared, which is more than some...

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next