The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fiji v Namibia - surely namibia have a chance?

5 posters

Go down

Fiji v Namibia - surely namibia have a chance? Empty Fiji v Namibia - surely namibia have a chance?

Post by littlejohn Thu 08 Sep 2011, 12:25 pm

Seems Namibia have been written off completely against a Fiji team weakened by losses of their captain and Tagicakibau. Anyone think Namibia have a chance to win this? The bookies are giving very long odds for them and I'm tempted by a little flutter here. Anyone think I'm mad?

littlejohn

Back to top Go down

Fiji v Namibia - surely namibia have a chance? Empty Re: Fiji v Namibia - surely namibia have a chance?

Post by Great White Thu 08 Sep 2011, 12:26 pm

Yes.

Great White

Back to top Go down

Fiji v Namibia - surely namibia have a chance? Empty Re: Fiji v Namibia - surely namibia have a chance?

Post by littlejohn Thu 08 Sep 2011, 12:30 pm

I've based my views on their performance in the last world cup - they gave Ireland an almighty scare, they have a decent pack and Fiji have been very inconsistent in recent times....

littlejohn

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 08 Sep 2011, 12:34 pm

littlejohn, Namibia plays in our Vodacom cup anually, it is our lowest level of professional rugby.

Most of these guys don't even make currie Cup premier division.

Namibia's results this year.

EP 47 - Namibia 12
Sharks 25 - Namibia 5
WP 56 - Namibia 9
Cheetahs 29 - Namibia 13
SWD 34 - Namibia 27
Border 20 - Namibia 20
Boland 71 - Namibia 33
Pampas 51 - Namibia 10

Namibia is known as the Welwitchas and Pampas is the Argentine team playing in the league.

Pampas went unbeaten during the competition and won the final.

Welwitchas came last.

Now this league runs at the same time as the super XV, so it isn't our best players.

From that even if a few of their players that play currie cup in SA joins their squad, I am afraid they stand no chance.

Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Great White Thu 08 Sep 2011, 12:40 pm

Like what I said.

Great White

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathman_in_London Thu 08 Sep 2011, 12:49 pm

I honestly think Namibia are one of, if not the weakest team in the competition, so as much as I would like to see them beat Fiji, I think they are going to be out muscled. I'd love to be proved wrong though!

Bathman_in_London

Back to top Go down

Post by littlejohn Thu 08 Sep 2011, 5:08 pm

Glad I asked the question then - I stand corrected, but hope they prove us wrong!

littlejohn

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Thu 08 Sep 2011, 5:45 pm

I'd say South Africa will probably stick 100 points on them.
All the cards are stacked against Namibia, they have Fiji first, then Samoa 4 days later, then South Africa, then Wales 4 days after that.
3 Days recovery is not enough time for their players to give credible performances at a world cup I'm afraid.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down