The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fiji V Namibia. (Spoilers)

5 posters

Go down

Fiji V Namibia. (Spoilers) Empty Fiji V Namibia. (Spoilers)

Post by Coleman Sat 10 Sep 2011, 6:32 am

I've put spoilers in the thread title, because some people may have V+ or Sky+'d the game.

Not sure how many people saw it live, but i thought it was a very good game. Fiji looked ruthless in attack and their offloading game is insane. A couple of Namibians stood out for me. The 10 looks a really good find. Also the center, Van Wyk i think it was, cut some great lines. I think the fitness of the Fijian pack showed, as the Namibian team started the game smashing everything to bits in the scrum.

Will Namibia be targeting Samoa as a game they might be able to pinch?

What did you who saw the game make of the Fijian defence. I thought there was a lot of holes and it is something that they will need to work on along with their lineout.

Really enjoying the World Cup so far, the games have all been matches, and not just one team destroying the other.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Fiji V Namibia. (Spoilers) Empty Re: Fiji V Namibia. (Spoilers)

Post by aucklandlaurie Sat 10 Sep 2011, 6:44 am

Coleman
Yes I did see the Fijian defence, and my take on it is this, If you kick a 60 metre penalty the 3 drop goals expect to get smashed.
I did enjoy both games this afternoon, and at times we need to be remonded what good players there are in the World outside of the countries.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sat 10 Sep 2011, 9:20 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/14810629.stm

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by ML Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:48 pm

A great game for the neutral observer - tries, big hits, lots of running rugby and a decent performance from Owens as ref, who kept the game flowing when he could have been pinging both sides every 30 seconds for the whole game.

I dont think Fiji (based on that performance) will beat Wales, they are far too disorganised in defence and I dont see the Welsh defense being as generous as Namibia were (I know, I know........ I am setting myself up for a fall!) laughing

ML

Back to top Go down

Post by rawa86 Sat 10 Sep 2011, 4:05 pm

I thought was a great game. I thought the Namibia's number nine was having a v good game as well before being subbed. They had a real chance at around 70 mins (and 14 points down) when the replacement 9 threw a ridiculously bad pass from a scrum when they looked odds on to score.

I think the wales fiji game is going to be a tough one. Fijis set piece still looks pretty solid. But ya wales to win.

rawa86

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down