The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greatest WWE Heel Of The Last 5 Years

+21
NickisBHAFC
paulscholes
The Best in the World
sodhat
Kay Fabe
Kenny
Dr Gregory House MD
Gregers
MtotheC
Dx Dan.
Crimey
Clunge4life
DemonicTruthSpeaker
User Name
Samo
Brady12
Mr H
legendkillar
TwisT
Ché Guerrero
Shot 21 LCFC
25 posters

Go down

Greatest WWE Heel Of The Last 5 Years Empty Greatest WWE Heel Of The Last 5 Years

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Thu 08 Sep 2011, 3:06 pm

After talking about it on another thread I thought I would make it a topic in its own right. I really cant be bothered to create a poll so lets just discuss.

In my opinion the winner is R Truth. He has only been a heel since about April but he is pulling it off brilliantly. One of the things I most look forward to when I watch Raw is his appearance. He is so funny but also can look phsycotic and deranged at times which IMO makes him credible enough to be one of the top guys. His in ring work is good and his promos are top notch.

2nd place probably has to go to heel Randy Orton.

What are your picks?

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Greatest WWE Heel Of The Last 5 Years Empty Re: Greatest WWE Heel Of The Last 5 Years

Post by Ché Guerrero Thu 08 Sep 2011, 3:09 pm

Chris Jericho in my opinion. His slow talking honest man gimmick was a great reinvention considering he was so over as a face.

I would actually rank him as my favourite heel of all time seeing as I've only been watching wrestling for the past 6 years.

Ché Guerrero

Back to top Go down

Greatest WWE Heel Of The Last 5 Years Empty Re: Greatest WWE Heel Of The Last 5 Years

Post by TwisT Thu 08 Sep 2011, 3:25 pm

I would say Edge without a doubt.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Thu 08 Sep 2011, 3:26 pm

Edge.

By far and large the best heel in the last 5 years.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 08 Sep 2011, 3:28 pm

CM Punk for me. The fued with Hardy, the SES, the 2010 Rumble, The New Nexus. What other heel was given material like that to work with over the last 5 years?

Loved Batista as a heel though, but it was too short lived to be a worthy contender.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Thu 08 Sep 2011, 3:28 pm

Good points with Chris Jericho and Edge (proves how little I thought about this!).

The thing I loved about Jericho was when he had people in submissions: "Ask him! Ask him! Ask him!"

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Thu 08 Sep 2011, 3:29 pm

Mine would be the Batista heel character that completely owned John Cena on the mic in the lead up to Wrestlemania 26

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 08 Sep 2011, 3:31 pm

Toss up between Jericho and Punk for me.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by User Name Thu 08 Sep 2011, 3:33 pm

Orton

Kane done well for a while, his promo work was class.

User Name

Back to top Go down

Post by DemonicTruthSpeaker Thu 08 Sep 2011, 4:05 pm

Vickie Guerrero.

Precisely how a woman who was widowed by the death of a beloved wrestler managed to garner the kind of heat that most male wrestlers can only dream of it one heck of an achievement.

DemonicTruthSpeaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 08 Sep 2011, 4:16 pm

I've changed my mind.

Vickie Guerrero.

Great shout DTS.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu 08 Sep 2011, 4:32 pm

Was mostly X Pac heat though, people only hated her because she would shrill EXCUSE ME all the time, not because of her heelish acts.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Clunge4life Thu 08 Sep 2011, 4:45 pm

Michael Cole - the heat he got at the start of the year was unreal

Clunge4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 08 Sep 2011, 6:11 pm

It has to be CM Punk, his heel feuds have been some of the best things in WWE over the past five years.

Honourable mention to JBL who despite his lack of in-ring ability always managed to entertain, his story with HBK was excellent.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dx Dan. Thu 08 Sep 2011, 6:20 pm

Randy Orton in my opinion.
Orton was brilliant over 07, 08 and 09, especially in the build up to Mania 25.

Dx Dan.

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Thu 08 Sep 2011, 7:24 pm

Bastista's heel run and program with cena was my personal fav his promos were excellent the whole crVong the spotlight angle and demanding one when he was on stage or in the ring was just perfection, it's just a shame he parted ways with company so soon into developing that character. IMO he is a top top star and is greatly missed can't wait for his return should it ever happen.

Jericho was another solid heel performer and his feuds with hbk were the highlight of that current year for me.

Just imagine if the two affordmentioned wrestlers were back im the company today you would have a great upper card along with punk, cena and orton with the likes of del rio, Christian, miz and maybe dolph pushing up the midcard to upper as well! Just goes to show the potential is there!

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Thu 08 Sep 2011, 7:36 pm

Edge by a country mile

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu 08 Sep 2011, 10:48 pm

Has to be Edge, This time 5 years ago Edge was in his 2nd reign as WWE Champion heading into Unforgiven, where he would lose it in a glorious match to John Cena, in that feud alone he acheived something that already puts him head and shoulders above most heels, he got John Cena over with the masses all be it briefly.

For me at this point Edge was the best in the world and no one, not in the WWE anyways, touched his crown as King of Heels until his injury in 2009, although Jericho ran him mighty close with the genesis of his honsest man gimmick but it eventually petered out.

The key to Edge's sucess was that, aside from his fantastic all round wrestling and verbal skills, he was able to balance the fine line between putting his babyface opponent over strongly while remaining cunning and dangerous in his own right, and as we have seen from many a heel who have run into Cena, Orton, Undertaker or HHH in the past few years it is a pretty fine line to tread.

The Rated-R Superstar was also an inspired gimmick, it gave Edge the freedom to be as loathesome as he wanted, with the relationships with his close friend Matt Hardy's missus (which falls outside the 5 years admittedly) and the widow of the beloved Eddy Gurrero being perticuarly loathsome, whatching Edge over those 4 years was a treat in the fantastically wicked and the fantastically entertaining.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 08 Sep 2011, 11:35 pm

I would say Edge aswell .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 09 Sep 2011, 10:05 am

I immediately thought Edge, I feel a couple of guys in that time have been excellent and for a short period better but Edge has to win it, Batista from Feb-June 2010 and Jericho from June08-WrestleMania XXV, those guys where so good because they where doing something fresh though, Edge was doing the same schtick for 4 years but almost always made it work, CM Punk was excellent too but apart from his feud with Hardy it never felt like the focal point of the show.

Randy Orton has to be a contender, his legend killer gimmick was fantastic, he suffered from alot of top faces getting injured or suspended in 07 and it took him a while to recover, I felt when he returned from injury in late 08 until WrestleMania XXV he was simply sublime, if he went over HHH with help from a McMahom heel turn that night he'd never have looked back and quite possibly helped Cena conquor the audience

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 09 Sep 2011, 10:13 am

I can't look past Jericho -- when he turned and morphed into the slow talking, deliberate, arrogant heel it set the standard that I think everyone else is chasing now.

I can certainly see the influence in what he did in other heels working today and for that I would put him top of the tree.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Fri 09 Sep 2011, 11:12 am

Good suggestions by everyone!!

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by The Best in the World Fri 09 Sep 2011, 7:13 pm

Either Edge in 2005-2008ish , just pure class , Orton 2005-2007 and 2009 , the HHH-Legacy-McMahon story was fantastic , Orton played the sadistic heel brilliantly , or Jericho in his ' Best in the World at what I Do ' character , he was great in that , his promos were gold , 'Im from Winnipeg you idiot'!!
The Best in the World
The Best in the World

Back to top Go down

Post by paulscholes Fri 09 Sep 2011, 8:12 pm

Y2J, Punk, Orton and Edge have all been great heels over the last 5 years

paulscholes

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 11 Sep 2011, 5:35 pm

Batista by far !

R Truth is doing well. Chris Jericho and Edge were class

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by The Awesome Giz Sun 11 Sep 2011, 8:44 pm

Jerichos honest man gimmick, the way he stripped himself of his Y2J style completely was excellent.

Ortons psycho IED stage for a few years, starting with his punting of HBK, RVD and Dusty Rhodes taking them out.

Edge and Vickie purely because they used to be able to carry off funny skits yet still gather tons of heat.

They would be my top picks. The Miz is another shout out, I think The Miz has become that annoying moron who everyone would like to see get destroyed but it never happens, and appears to be hated by the women a kids who attend WWE shows, in this new reality tv era of wrestling.

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Mon 12 Sep 2011, 9:00 am

Edge, Jericho, Orton and Punk all deserve plaudits for their work as heels over the last 5 years but personally I'd go with Batista simply because nobody really knew he had it in him.

He went from being a punchline for the IWC to the point where after he left people were actually saying "I miss that guy".

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline1981 Mon 12 Sep 2011, 1:57 pm

hard to chosse best heal

pauline1981

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Mon 12 Sep 2011, 2:01 pm

pauline1981 wrote:hard to chosse best heal

Hard to type it too.

If it was based on the last ten years Edge would have been higher but often in the last few years before he retired he was phoning it in.
Straight fight between Punk and Jericho for me.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down