The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Morales WBC Fight

5 posters

Go down

Morales WBC Fight Empty Morales WBC Fight

Post by Pound-for-Pound Sat 10 Sep 2011, 2:40 am

From Fightnews:

The WBC has approved unbeaten WBC #12 rated Pablo Cesar Cano (22-0-1, 17 KOs) as a possible replacement for Erik Morales.

To me Cano's record looks more like that of a good prospect than a title challenger and i think at 21 it's way too early for him. Also the fact he has competed at Superfeather and Lightweight in his two fights make me question not only whether he should compete for a 140lb strap but also why he is in the ratings.

Pound-for-Pound

Back to top Go down

Morales WBC Fight Empty Re: Morales WBC Fight

Post by eddyfightfan Sat 10 Sep 2011, 1:17 pm

not heard of many boxers on his record, but the fight was offered to maidana who refused it so looks like there struggling. think it probably helped him the fact that he's mexican too. i had hoped crolla would get his chance again, but obviously not.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 10 Sep 2011, 1:54 pm

I had hoped Crolla would get the chance. I know nothing about Cano his record looks very padded and his last t2 fights have been at 130 and 135lbs so it makes no sense for him to be fighting for a strap at 140lbs.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sat 10 Sep 2011, 5:16 pm

Spoke with Crolla's trainer, Joe Gallagher, and he told me that they'd consider it if the money was right, however they see Morales as a different beast now, given that he will have been training very hard and been very focused on the Matthysse fight. In short - they see him as much more dangerous at this point in time, and had banked on him underestimating Crolla before.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sun 11 Sep 2011, 2:08 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:Spoke with Crolla's trainer, Joe Gallagher, and he told me that they'd consider it if the money was right, however they see Morales as a different beast now, given that he will have been training very hard and been very focused on the Matthysse fight. In short - they see him as much more dangerous at this point in time, and had banked on him underestimating Crolla before.

Very honest and correct way to go about it.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down