The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David Haye states desire to fight either Klitchko

+7
ONETWOFOREVER
captain carrantuohil
Scottrf
Small Time
Strongback
BALTIMORA
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
11 posters

Go down

David Haye states desire to fight either Klitchko Empty David Haye states desire to fight either Klitchko

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 10 Sep 2011, 3:11 pm

Source: http://www.worldboxingnews.net/2011/09/david-haye-to-delay-retirement-for-six.html

Former WBA heavyweight champion David Haye has spoken out for the first time on his retirement since losing his title to Wladimir Kltischko on July 2nd in Hamburg after blaming a broken toe for hampering his performance.

The 30 year-old had been due to retire in October when he turns 31 but speculation has grown that the Londoner would postpone in the wake of his points loss to the now unified champion and Haye has confirmed the rumours to German newspaper Bild.

"I've reconsidered everything after talking to my family and meeting with Lennox Lewis in Montego Bay, Jamaica,” announced Haye.

"If I am given a rematch against Wladimir - which I do not believe I will - or Vitali will fight me, I will postpone my retirement for six months.

WBC champion Vitali faces Tomasz Adamek tonight in Poland and the ‘Hayemaker’ is hoping that the 40 year-old comes through his latest defence and negotiations can then get underway.

"I will keep my fingers crossed Klitschko wins, something I wouldn't normally do to save my life," he said.

"I want him to clean up this Polish plum Adamek and retain his title, so that he will fight me.

"Wladimir couldn't put me down and he had the referee, judges and fans on his side. I had no real chance.

"Vitali should give me the chance, if he dares. He is supposed to have a dangerous punch, which I doubt.

"My broken toe is okay again and Vitali is 40 and will stop at some point.

"For his finale, there is no better opponent than me.

"I would send him into retirement, but without his championship belt,” added Haye.

When will he learn? Doh
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

David Haye states desire to fight either Klitchko Empty Re: David Haye states desire to fight either Klitchko

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 10 Sep 2011, 3:35 pm

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

David Haye states desire to fight either Klitchko Empty Re: David Haye states desire to fight either Klitchko

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 10 Sep 2011, 3:38 pm

I wouldn't mind if he came out and said he wants to fight either again but he should cut out the lip. He got shown up against Wlad a bit of humility is in order.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 10 Sep 2011, 3:47 pm

True, but he has to sell it somehow.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 10 Sep 2011, 3:50 pm

Maybe if he gets a new trainer because Booths tactics were awful- hope for a big shot and if that doesn't happen make sure he doesn't KO you!
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sat 10 Sep 2011, 4:03 pm

I didn't think he did too bad defensively, it was his offence which was woeful. I think the scorecards are a little misleading, because some rounds were closer than the cards convey.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 10 Sep 2011, 4:07 pm

prettyboykev wrote:

"Wladimir couldn't put me down and he had the referee, judges and fans on his side. I had no real chance.

Mhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah..............................................

Someone stick a soother is the dummy's mouth please............

He has a neck like the jockeys proverbials. He has no shame. I don't even think Adam Booth could stick this current rubbish.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Small Time Sat 10 Sep 2011, 5:12 pm

Being as he has been involved in two of the three most boring fights I've ever seen I could give two shinny ones if he fights on to 50 or dissappears up his own backside. Sooner or later the people that are saying that boxing needs top fighters in the heavy weight division will realise that there hasn't been for 10 years now and yet boxing is as big now as its ever been.

Small Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat 10 Sep 2011, 5:14 pm

'Man wants millions of pounds he doesn't deserve and is willing to drop principles for cash'.

It's on the Ks whether they fight not him.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Sat 10 Sep 2011, 5:38 pm

Loathsome, isn't he? Not the slightest shred of humility, not the scintilla of an apology for his last performance, which should have put him right at the back of any queue to fight either of the brothers.

The referee, judges and fans were on Wlad's side, were they? Perhaps the referee got fed up with Haye treading on his toes as he back-pedalled in a determined effort to avoid engaging with Klitschko. Perhaps the judges should have rewarded such a feeble collection of punch stats with a shut-out decision in Haye's favour. Perhaps the fans in Hamburg were as indifferent as the rest of us to a performance that bore so little resemblance to his pre-fight boasts.

Perhaps....

Or alternatively, if you're going to stay in the sport, shut up, clean out the rest of the division, including this "plum" Adamek, and then take your lower-paid shot at two fighters whose shoes you're not fit to shine.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 10 Sep 2011, 5:41 pm

The fans weren't against him all your could here was Brits who he ripped off with his performance.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat 10 Sep 2011, 5:50 pm

captain carrantuohil wrote:Loathsome, isn't he? Not the slightest shred of humility, not the scintilla of an apology for his last performance, which should have put him right at the back of any queue to fight either of the brothers.

The referee, judges and fans were on Wlad's side, were they? Perhaps the referee got fed up with Haye treading on his toes as he back-pedalled in a determined effort to avoid engaging with Klitschko. Perhaps the judges should have rewarded such a feeble collection of punch stats with a shut-out decision in Haye's favour. Perhaps the fans in Hamburg were as indifferent as the rest of us to a performance that bore so little resemblance to his pre-fight boasts.

Perhaps....

Or alternatively, if you're going to stay in the sport, shut up, clean out the rest of the division, including this "plum" Adamek, and then take your lower-paid shot at two fighters whose shoes you're not fit to shine.
Posting while wearing your Hayemaker T-shirt?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat 10 Sep 2011, 5:55 pm

"I want him to clean up this Polish plum Adamek and retain his title, so that he will fight me"

Does't he mean plumber?

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Sat 10 Sep 2011, 5:56 pm

Oh, yes, Scott. Until a couple of years ago, I had a high regard for him as an explosive fighter and an articulate, engaging individual. All such feeling gone, I'm afraid. Classless huckster, found out, but still appealing to the lowest common denominator.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat 10 Sep 2011, 5:58 pm

I agree to be fair. There's selling a fight and I'm not easily offended, but you expect humility afterwards.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat 10 Sep 2011, 6:05 pm

I agree with captain. I respected Haye and what he achieved in the cruiser weight division. I respected the fact that he tested himself early against a war horse like Thompson and I respected the fact that Haye was a risk taker but the way he went about his heavyweight campaign has made me loose all that respect. I think Haye and co had a plan to con there way to the Klitsckos and conned a lot of people out of money.

I will never forgive Haye v Harrison.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 10 Sep 2011, 6:34 pm

Would Haye v Vitali even sell any PPV?

A lot of casual fans have been burned by the Audley and Wlad fights.

Personally I would watch it as I think Vitali would throw caution to the wind and try to demolish Haye. There is retribution to be paid for all the insults some of which the Klitschko's have taken personally.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Sat 10 Sep 2011, 7:00 pm

Strongback wrote:Would Haye v Vitali even sell any PPV?

A lot of casual fans have been burned by the Audley and Wlad fights.

Personally I would watch it as I think Vitali would throw caution to the wind and try to demolish Haye. There is retribution to be paid for all the insults some of which the Klitschko's have taken personally.

Absolutely it would sell. One thing about fans of any sport, including boxing, is that they will always come back again and again, in the hope that something amazing will happen - even if nothing from the past suggests anything like that is likely.

He needs humility but I think he's already in 'selling' mode.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 10 Sep 2011, 7:01 pm

I would pay to watch Haye vs Vitali purely because the fact Vitali would open up on him and stop him.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 10 Sep 2011, 7:03 pm

I fully expect Haye to go on the attack with the Vitali insults. He conned his way into a fight with Wlad. He'll be hoping it works again.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by rycoys Sun 11 Sep 2011, 8:39 am

haye is right about the ref , how wlad was allowed to hold and use his foerarms was shocking ,

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 11 Sep 2011, 10:02 am

rycoys wrote:haye is right about the ref , how wlad was allowed to hold and use his foerarms was shocking ,

Those forearm smashes to the top of the head were a disgrace.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 11 Sep 2011, 6:52 pm

Haye doesn't deserve a rematch under normal conditions... But who else challenges either Klitschko? TYSON FURY!?
There's just no one else to give him a half decent fight... Adamek beat all the top challengers like Arreola and what not then got beat around the ring for 10 rounds and never had a look in. It was just a one sided beat down. There is no one else, Haye is still realistically the biggest challenge out there that is willing to face him... Povetkin is not very good in my opinion and would get battered by either Klit and doesn't want to fight them just yet, Helenius is pretty pap, just big, same with Towers.
People are saying people like Fury can beat the Klitschko's because they're of a similar size, they can't because they have no boxing ability!!!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Small Time Mon 12 Sep 2011, 2:44 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:Haye doesn't deserve a rematch under normal conditions... But who else challenges either Klitschko? TYSON FURY!?
There's just no one else to give him a half decent fight... Adamek beat all the top challengers like Arreola and what not then got beat around the ring for 10 rounds and never had a look in. It was just a one sided beat down. There is no one else, Haye is still realistically the biggest challenge out there that is willing to face him... Povetkin is not very good in my opinion and would get battered by either Klit and doesn't want to fight them just yet, Helenius is pretty pap, just big, same with Towers.
People are saying people like Fury can beat the Klitschko's because they're of a similar size, they can't because they have no boxing ability!!!

I'm not sure how you can class Haye as the biggest challenge out there when Wlad just cruised to a wide UD against him. Do we really want for Haye to have another big pay day for shooting his mouth off then going on the run for 12 rounds? Not me. There's enough decent fights in other divisions to keep me happy.

Small Time

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Mon 12 Sep 2011, 2:51 pm

As limited as Tyson Fury is, at least he will stand up and fight, unlike Mr Gobshyte!!

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down