The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BBC: David Haye to fight Vitali in March

+8
paperbag_puncher
AlexHuckerby
ShahenshahG
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
The Galveston Giant
TRUSSMAN66
Fists of Fury
TopHat24/7
12 posters

Go down

BBC: David Haye to fight Vitali in March Empty BBC: David Haye to fight Vitali in March

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:00 pm

Former heavyweight world champion David Haye is in talks to fight WBC title holder Vitali Klitschko in March 2012.

Haye, 31, who retired in October after losing to the Ukrainian's brother Wladimir, says he will lower his pay demands to make sure the fight happens.

Read the rest on BBC:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/15928510.stm

Before we consider this match up (again), does anybody believe him and does anyone really care anymore??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

BBC: David Haye to fight Vitali in March Empty Re: BBC: David Haye to fight Vitali in March

Post by Fists of Fury Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:03 pm

This has been doing the rounds in the boxing media for the last week or two.

Initial thoughts - hope it happens, wouldn't like Haye to go out with a whimper. Vitali to win by stoppage, but hopefully Haye goes out on his shield if this is the case to regain some respect. Outside chance that Haye outpoints him, but we would need to see a significant improvement in his work rate.

Whatever happens, I'll be behind him and supporting him all the way.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

BBC: David Haye to fight Vitali in March Empty Re: BBC: David Haye to fight Vitali in March

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:34 pm

Love the bit where he makes the gesture of lowering his purse demands....

No you can't get what you want because this isn't a superfight after the shutout against Vlad....You're not kidding anybody Mate.

admire his accomplishments... but his lack of humility can really irritate,....

Bet he's a real pain in the butt if you have to see him everyday..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:45 pm

Haye will not be in a position to be making demands this time round, lowering his purse is the only option. Would expect him to be really quiet in the build up to this if it happens.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:55 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:This has been doing the rounds in the boxing media for the last week or two.

Initial thoughts - hope it happens, wouldn't like Haye to go out with a whimper. Vitali to win by stoppage, but hopefully Haye goes out on his shield if this is the case to regain some respect. Outside chance that Haye outpoints him, but we would need to see a significant improvement in his work rate.

Whatever happens, I'll be behind him and supporting him all the way.

Why?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:59 pm

An Englishman, anD I'm not as fickle as many. Enjoyed the majority of Haye's career so he can have another chance in my book. Expect to see more fight this time, though, or I really will be disappointed.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:04 pm

Fair enough. I can't see myself paying for this one on PPV mind you. I give him less chance against Vitali than he did against Wlad. He was hoping to floor Wlad with a big bomb that's not an option against Vitali. He won't go for it. It's not in Hayes make up to do it. he'll try and hit and run.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:01 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:An Englishman, anD I'm not as fickle as many. Enjoyed the majority of Haye's career so he can have another chance in my book. Expect to see more fight this time, though, or I really will be disappointed.
I'm with Fists on this one. Massively disappointed with his showing against Wlad but surely he deserves the opportunity to redeem himself (even though I'm not sure he deserves a crack at the World title so soon) but if he does go out with a whimper again, I think he needs to bow out with a little dignity and humility.

Good luck to him but I don't think I'll be signing on for the three ring circus that I fear will precede this match-up

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:07 pm

Not supporting Haye and don't think mch of his chances - but hope he puts in a gutsy performance. The rest of his career has been entertaining at least - which I think is where most of the anger at him stems from (lncluding mine). Am willing to give another chance since he is trying to rectify it and not just being classless from retirement.

Heres hopes to a good fight.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:39 pm

whos on the hype train lads?
david will spark vitali - COME ON DAVID!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:44 pm

I'm not British but will certainly be cheering on Haye. He talked the talk and got outclassed whats the problem? He had to hype the fight up and did a mighty good job of it.

Whens the last time someone was excited about Klitschko fight before Haye? Haye got in the ring and found out that Wlads an impressive heavyweight and he just wasn't good enough. I won't hold a grudge against someone for not being good enough whether or not he promised the world beforehand. Does he have to go out on his shield or be hurt to earn my respect? Why would I cheer for Vitali? He hasn't been in a decent fight since Lewis and that was 8 years ago.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:52 pm

not really vits fault he hasnt been in good fight for a long time. there hasnt been anyone since lewis capable of asking the questions to make the fights interesting.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:00 am

Not my point. His style aint easy on the eye and even when he wins he never really puts on any kind of decent show especially since he came back from the lay off. I've no reason to cheer him over Haye. Hes like a mummy in one of those old horror movies. Slow, lethargic and predictable but keeps ambling on and you know in the end he'll always catch up with whoever hes chasing..

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:13 am

no going on performances at heavyweight david is clearly the most exciting heavy ever

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:22 am

Where did I say that? Do you actually read what people write? My point is in a match between Haye and Vitali I've no reason to cheer Vitali. Never said Haye was Ali.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by rycoys Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:22 am

AlexHuckerby wrote:whos on the hype train lads?
david will spark vitali - COME ON DAVID!
there a train comeing and its the hayemaker express , lets jump on board, !!!!!!

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:04 am

Im not really a fan of Haye so wont be able to get behind him in this one. Not against the fight on paper really but more the motivation behind it. I find it easier to believe that this is just a retirement booster for Haye who feels he has nothing to lose now, rather than a Haye who is looking for redemption, rebuilding his career and believes he can win.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:11 am

yeah david must have struggled with his audition for eastenders

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:52 am

i argued that haye might have a better chance with vitali before the wlad fight, afterwards certainly cant get any worse. vitali will push the fight alot more and is generally more agressive than his brother. him bringing the fight to haye will make him easier to hit aswell as him slowing and not being at his best anymore

dont get me wrong vitali still the big favourite but should make for a better fight than the wlad fight. lets hope haye has learnt a liitle humility since being schooled and tones down the brash claims before hand, will just put people backs up once again when/if he fails to deliver

Last edited by compelling and rich on Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:55 am

I'm on the hype train boys, all aboard!
Feels a bit de ja vu, this!

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:58 am

any big heavyweight fight is better than no big heavyweight fight

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:02 am

Yeah he needs to take risks if he's going to take the fight, i'm not watching him circle Vitali for 12 rounds, boring.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:43 am

Yeah I pray, oh god, I pray that Haye just puts it all on the line if things aren't going well.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:49 am

alma wrote:Who's going to promote this fight I wonder? Hayemaker appears to be wound up what with Groves going to Warren. Let's hope Warren doesn't get involved and the fight isn't on Boxnation.

I just hope Haye gets stuck in this time. I'd rather he really went for it and it ended up like the Thompson fight, rather than the damp squib we had to endure in July

would have thought sky would be all over it normally, soon see there no ppv stance change if they do

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:56 am

I will be suprised if they put this on PPV to be honest.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:13 am

AlexHuckerby wrote:I will be suprised if they put this on PPV to be honest.

id be very suprised if not. if sky have burnt fingers from previous fights primetime etc will jump at the chance. only have to look at some of the other guff they have managed to sell to see that this is still an easy sell.

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:18 am

*stands by side of tracks ready to time leap onto open car of Hype Train*

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:19 am

compelling and rich wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:I will be suprised if they put this on PPV to be honest.

id be very suprised if not. if sky have burnt fingers from previous fights primetime etc will jump at the chance. only have to look at some of the other guff they have managed to sell to see that this is still an easy sell.

I meant with Sky Box Office, Primetime is a possibility, and if so, I shan't be buying.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down