The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vitali vs Haye next March? In England?

+10
beefyboi
jimdig
bhb001
Rowley
Small Time
Seanusarrilius
88Chris05
azania
manos de piedra
Union Cane
14 posters

Go down

Vitali vs Haye next March? In England? Empty Vitali vs Haye next March? In England?

Post by Union Cane Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:14 am

Bernd Boente, manager of the Klitschko brothers, believes that WBC champion Vitali will defend his belt in England next year against two-weight world title holder and arch-rival David Haye.

Haye, 31, was offered the chance to fight 41 year-old Klitschko this coming September, but turned down the fight and duly dispatched former Vitali opponent Dereck Chisora seven rounds quicker than the Ukrainian.

Boente says the fight could now happen in March 2013 and would be willing to give Haye home advantage for any potential contest.

"Vitali meets Manuel Charr in September and then goes on the political campaign trail at the Ukraine elections, which are held in October," Boente stated.

"He has to win his fight and then see the outcome of the elections. Then Vitali must decide what to do if he is not elected into a certain position.

"There is still a chance the fight will come, but not this year. It will probably be in England on pay-per-view next year, possibly in March.

“I will not exclude anything. I have learnt from past dealings that you can't rely on anything he says or does."He is like a fish in water - you can't catch him.

"It's all in Haye's hands. Whatever he wants, he just needs to approach us."

The ‘Hayemaker’ went twelve rounds with younger brother Wladimir a year ago and cited a broken toe for his lacklustre performance. A win against Vitali next year though could set up a rematch with the Londoner and many people see this as Haye's best chance to defeat a Klitschko as ‘Dr. Ironfist’ advances in years.

http://www.worldboxingnews.net/2012/07/vitali-v-haye-likely-to-be-in-england.html
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Vitali vs Haye next March? In England? Empty Re: Vitali vs Haye next March? In England?

Post by manos de piedra Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:30 am

I dont think it was pre planned that the Chisora incident would happen but I thought it was blatantly obvious that they elected to cash in on that fight rather than face Vitali, despite what Haye said about Vitali being scared or Boente not being interested. Id be surprised if it went ahead in the UK though.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Vitali vs Haye next March? In England? Empty Re: Vitali vs Haye next March? In England?

Post by azania Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:37 am

I see Boente has a lot of confidence in Vitali's political ambitions.

It will be VItali's last fight as Haye will send him into retirement brutally. Too slow and plodding.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:37 am

I'm pretty much in line with Manos on this one - I think the fight will almost certainly happen, just not in Britain. Win or lose it'll probably be Vitali's last fight so he'll want to squeeze everything out of it that he possibly can, and that'll include home advantage, I'd imagine. Haye needs Vitali, Vitali doesn't need him.

I think, however, that it's vital that Haye fights at least once in the meantime. Put your ego aside, David, fight a (relatively) small name and keep things sharp.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:41 am

88Chris05 wrote:Put your ego aside, David, fight a (relatively) small name and keep things sharp.

Fury was calling Haye out the other day, safe in the knowledge that it won't happen. I bet he's filling his kegs now that there's a chance Haye might take him up on it...
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:53 am

I cant see Haye fighting anyone for less than a million quid and if he did have a fight with Vitali good to go then I dont think he would risk fighting a decent contender.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:54 am

Won't listen to a word either camp says until it is signed. I reccomend you all do the same

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Small Time Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:22 am

Seanusarrilius wrote:Won't listen to a word either camp says until it is signed. I reccomend you all do the same

Agreed.....my blood pressure went up to much over the Wlad v Haye will they won't they. This one I'll forget about until it's signed and the second ring walk is being made.

Small Time

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:24 am

I think this episode will have less drama because Haye has no belt now and the clock is ticking on Vitali. It seems like until Chisora got in the way that the fight was practically good to go until Haye spotted the money he could bag for an easier nights work against Chisora.

Unless Vitali is elected I think this one wont have nearly the same drama or drawn out procedure.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:59 am

You can only hope that both parties are realistic about the fight, if Vitali does want one last fight it really has to be Haye, his next opponent shows just how bare the cupboard is getting at heavy and nobody else is likely to generate a deal of revenue. However on the flip side of this Haye needs to be sensible. If he is to earn another shot at Wlad or some redemption this represents his best chance at doing it, but he no longer brings a belt to the table and does not have Sky box office behind him so his demands need to reflect this.

He also needs to realize that irrespective of what some on here would have you believe Vitali does not need this fight, if he chooses to retire without it the failure to fight Haye will not hurt his legacy or standing one iota and I doubt anyone outside the UK thinks otherwise. However as Manos has already said it does appear a deal was all but in place before Haye chose to face Chisora so would like to think it could be resurrected.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:00 pm

I've seen to many promises on this fight and we all know that promises never deliver, so I think this fight will never happen and Haye will write in his memoirs how Vitai shamelessly ducked him, the destroyer of Audley.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:02 pm

No way it happens in England. Haye will probably remained liecenced in luxemburg. Putting on some level of a card will be more viable outside of the BBBC reaches. Aside from VK doing his swan song at home (so to speak).
However i'm in the camp of keeping my powder dry until the fight is signed. Haye and Boente no longer understand the difference between the truth and a lie.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by beefyboi Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:18 pm

i beleive this fight will happen but not in england no way, this fight could of been on in september but vitali did nt want haye fighting chisora 8 weeks before they would meet( as boente said on ringside last week live) reasons being haye may of lost, got injured or had another street fight with chis and hayes rep would of been on the floor. i can see why vitali withdrew the contract when haye decided to fight chis. i dont trust boente or klits word, to many broken promises in the past but i really hope this gets signed for next year wherever they fight i see haye beating vitali now, much closer 3 yrs ago vitali had an edge.

beefyboi

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:24 pm

beefyboi wrote:i beleive this fight will happen but not in england no way, this fight could of been on in september but vitali did nt want haye fighting chisora 8 weeks before they would meet( as boente said on ringside last week live) reasons being haye may of lost, got injured or had another street fight with chis and hayes rep would of been on the floor. i can see why vitali withdrew the contract when haye decided to fight chis. i dont trust boente or klits word, to many broken promises in the past but i really hope this gets signed for next year wherever they fight i see haye beating vitali now, much closer 3 yrs ago vitali had an edge.

It was exactly the same scenario when Wlad decided to pull out of the chisora fight in order to fight Haye. David was shouting the same thing as Boente is now. Quite right too.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:44 pm

Provisional odds from the bookies have Haye anywhere between 3/1 and 4/1.

Against Wlad he began as a significantly smaller underdog. Think he was 5/4 when that fight was announced.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:46 pm

beefyboi wrote:i beleive this fight will happen but not in england no way, this fight could of been on in september but vitali did nt want haye fighting chisora 8 weeks before they would meet

You seriously think Haye (a guy who likes to take extended holidays between fights) would have been willing to fight Vitali 8 weeks after Chisora. Give me a break!

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by EdWoodjr Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:01 pm

azania wrote:I see Boente has a lot of confidence in Vitali's political ambitions.

It will be VItali's last fight as Haye will send him into retirement brutally. Too slow and plodding.

You can get 3/1 for Haye

EdWoodjr

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:16 pm

Would love to see Haye smash some bombs against Vits face and for Vit to get the bit between his teeth, wind back the years, and pull a Lewisesque performance out the bag.
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:07 pm

haye fighting in the UK for the WBC title, according to bonte? call me sceptic but i cant see it. the WBC would lose a huge amount of face going back on thereselfs as would bbboc (although if the price is right it could happen). also normally what the haye camp and the k bros camp say are completely different.

vitali hasnt looked great recently really, and if he is actually looking to 2013 and haye then charr could even pull of the upset (khan vs garcia, ortiz vs lopez?).

does anybody know what sort of chance vitali has in the election?

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down