The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haye confirms talks for fight with Vitali in March

+9
Lance
Unbeatable Georgey Groves
manos de piedra
Union Cane
AlexHuckerby
88Chris05
Scottrf
Rowley
Pedro147
13 posters

Go down

Haye confirms talks for fight with Vitali in March Empty Haye confirms talks for fight with Vitali in March

Post by Pedro147 Mon 28 Nov 2011, 5:15 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/boxing/15928510.stm

Former heavyweight world champion David Haye is in talks to fight WBC title holder Vitali Klitschko in March 2012.

Haye, 31, who retired in October after losing to the Ukrainian's brother Wladimir, says he will lower his pay demands to make sure the fight happens.

"I haven't seen a contract but there's definitely talks going on," he told the BBC's Hardtalk programme.

"I said before I retired I would love that fight and there's a date in March that's already been talked about."

More to follow

The full interview will be broadcast on Hardtalk on Monday, 5 December on BBC World at 0430 GMT, 0930 GMT, 1530 GMT & 2130GMT and on the BBC News Channel at 0430 on 5December and 0030 on 6 December.

I think they said on Ringside last week they had a deadline of the 10th December for the talks.

Looks like they were right. I wonder what approach Haye will take this time if he'll try to come across charming to the public to maybe avoid another backlash if he performs bad or will he do the same again and try get under the skin with insults and mind games. I emphasise try get under their skin haha.

What are your thoughts guys?

Last edited by Pedro147 on Mon 28 Nov 2011, 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Haye confirms talks for fight with Vitali in March Empty Re: Haye confirms talks for fight with Vitali in March

Post by Rowley Mon 28 Nov 2011, 5:17 pm

Will act like a clown in the build up, will promise us he has the formula to beat Vitali, will not beat Vitali, will act like a graceless oaf in defeat and retire again a few quid richer.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Haye confirms talks for fight with Vitali in March Empty Re: Haye confirms talks for fight with Vitali in March

Post by Scottrf Mon 28 Nov 2011, 5:18 pm

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 28 Nov 2011, 5:19 pm

Rowley is evidently the oracle on this one in terms of what will happen in the fight and afterwards - however, I think he may be a little more reserved in the build up this time.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 28 Nov 2011, 5:21 pm

fair play if he is willing to take a paycut. also kudos scott you got there before anyone.

hope its just an interesting fight.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 28 Nov 2011, 5:22 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:fair play if he is willing to take a paycut. also kudos scott you got there before anyone.

hope its just an interesting fight.
Na I didn't. I just stuck my neck on the line, it might not happen yet. Would depend on which TV companies are interested I guess.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 28 Nov 2011, 5:23 pm

i think david will just spew out the insults again - vitali doesnt have the cool head wlad does so you never know.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Nov 2011, 5:23 pm

will he do the same again and try get under the skin with insults and mind games. I emphasise try get under their skin haha.

Sorry chum, but Vitali is the one calling out Haye with the firm intention of KO-ing him. Wlad recently did an interview where he suggested that if Haye was any sort of a man he'd come out of retirement to face Vitali. Haye was soundly beaten last time out and many suggest that he'd be at an even greater disadvantage against Vitali yet here we have VK calling Haye out. If Haye was so bad, why bother fighting him?

I'd say Haye did more than just TRY to get under their skin, he suceeded hence the K's need to tempt him back into the ring one more time.

Think I may just wish Haye good luck in this one and I believe, unless he's ""Booth Brother level" stupid, he'll tone it down a tad in the build-up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 28 Nov 2011, 5:23 pm

Haye will be humble and gracious in the build up, not that we will see much of him, he will attack Vitali from the off and force an early stoppage, and then retire again.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 28 Nov 2011, 5:24 pm

My guess is that he will be as controversial ever. This fight needs far more hype to sell well and Haye the businessman will appreciate that.

Its not going to be as big as the first one and Haye will be looking for a way to squeeze every last penny out of it in order to make it worth his while.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 28 Nov 2011, 5:27 pm

Union Cane wrote:Haye will be humble and gracious in the build up, not that we will see much of him, he will attack Vitali from the off and force an early stoppage, and then retire again.

umm...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Nov 2011, 5:28 pm

It's gotta go to Boxnation or PrimeTime to make money but it appears that the combination of the channels' relative inexperience in promoting big PPV events (compared to Sky), the current financial climate and Haye's disappointing showing last time, they will not get anywhere near their intended figures.

50,000 will sit in a football stadium in Germany nevertheless and cheer on their man. Perhaps Haye's best hope will be for them to find an even bigger football stadium and get a few more German bums on seats

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 28 Nov 2011, 5:31 pm

Primetime did say they were getting a HD channel next year so is not impossible they would look for a fight like this to launch it. Am still not convinced this will happen. Without a belt and with Sky box office not behind him think Haye may get something of a shock when he sees what this one will pay him and he does not strike me as the kind of guy who will take the fight for a shot at redemption and a severly reduced payday.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 28 Nov 2011, 5:39 pm

he must know it will be a severe paycut but gives him the chance to have another bite at wlad for drastically more money providing david gets passed vit

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 28 Nov 2011, 5:40 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:he must know it will be a severe paycut but gives him the chance to have another bite at wlad for drastically more money providing david gets passed vit

You make that last bit sound a formality, Alex!
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 28 Nov 2011, 5:43 pm

haha... yeah no problem. just walk into shape and beat vit - wheres the problem?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Unbeatable Georgey Groves Mon 28 Nov 2011, 5:44 pm

I think the Klits realised that no matter how much they dislike Haye; they need him as he is by far the biggest fight!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon 28 Nov 2011, 5:47 pm

why bother going on the radio and tv and announcing his retirement if he was never certain about it? the guy is an attention seeking idiot, its boring

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon 28 Nov 2011, 5:49 pm

Unbeatable Georgey Groves wrote:I think the Klits realised that no matter how much they dislike Haye; they need him as he is by far the biggest fight!

i see you bought into all his propoganda then. yeah the klits were poor until haye threw them a line and made them rich

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Unbeatable Georgey Groves Mon 28 Nov 2011, 6:19 pm

Lance wrote:
Unbeatable Georgey Groves wrote:I think the Klits realised that no matter how much they dislike Haye; they need him as he is by far the biggest fight!

i see you bought into all his propoganda then. yeah the klits were poor until haye threw them a line and made them rich

When did I say Haye made them rich? All i'm stating is a fact that the tables have turned and Haye is now being called out by them both as they realise it is the biggest fight

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 28 Nov 2011, 6:25 pm

I'm sorry he is coming out of retirement If i'm honest.....If he loses he'll have some excuse...I'll not buy it if it's ppv..

and he will lose......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Unbeatable Georgey Groves Mon 28 Nov 2011, 6:32 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I'm sorry he is coming out of retirement If i'm honest.....If he loses he'll have some excuse...I'll not buy it if it's ppv..

and he will lose......

True if i was to buy it it would be more out of curiosity than expectation...

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 28 Nov 2011, 6:37 pm

Yes but Georgey Groves is in the same camp as Haye..so you're not being very loyal are you boy..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 28 Nov 2011, 6:47 pm

out of anyone around i would rather see haye face vit to be fair

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Unbeatable Georgey Groves Mon 28 Nov 2011, 6:50 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Yes but Georgey Groves is in the same camp as Haye..so you're not being very loyal are you boy..

You got me there Doh

It is a small camp in fairness

Back to top Go down

Post by rumfish mcallister Mon 28 Nov 2011, 9:47 pm

50,000 will sit in a football stadium in Germany nevertheless and cheer on their man
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

doubt they will sell that many tickets considering Haye v Wladimir was some way shot of that figure. (35,000ish)

however the Esprit arena in Dusseldorf is what is rumoured and that holds 55,000. It is also has a roof so there will be no risk of fans getting soaked like last time

rumfish mcallister

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Mon 28 Nov 2011, 10:01 pm

It will sell out because 55000 Germans will want to see a load mouthed Brit knocked out,I think Haye will be a lot more subdued this time,but we will get the, your going to see the real David Haye in action this time speech, thats nailed on.

Haye couldn't possibly put up a performance like he did against Wlad could he?

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 28 Nov 2011, 10:07 pm

No because if he dos Vitali will spark him out he has a nasty streak.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 29 Nov 2011, 1:09 pm

Yeah think theres an air of truth in that. Vitali dislikes David clearly, so there is a lot more motivation, whereas I don't think Haye truly hates either brothers to be honest, just thinks he knows how to get Vit riled up to want to murder him.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down