The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will Joe Simpson start against Georgia?

4 posters

Go down

Will Joe Simpson start against Georgia? Empty Will Joe Simpson start against Georgia?

Post by Mr Bounce Sat Sep 10 2011, 17:12

MJ has taken Joe Simpson to the RWC for a reason, and not just as injury cover. Before injury he was ahead of Ben Youngs in the race to be first capped for England. Now, whilst the RWC so far has shown that the so-called "Minnows" are capable of being banana skins, England will surely rest some of their 1st team starters for this match. I see this as the ideal time to blood Simpson and give some of the other "3rd choices" such as Mears and Hape some much needed game time.

Simpson is a talent, and it'd be nice to have another "seasoned" scrum half in the same mould as Youngs. Wigglesworth has been chosen because he's an "organiser". I saw no drunkards at the brewery today... Whistle

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Will Joe Simpson start against Georgia? Empty Re: Will Joe Simpson start against Georgia?

Post by LondonTiger Sat Sep 10 2011, 17:17

No.

Youngs will start.

I expect the lineup to look something like:

Corbisiero
Hartley
Stevens
Palmer
Shaw
Wood
Moody
Haskell
Youngs
Flood
Cueto
Hape
Tindall/Manu
Banahan
Armitage

Bench:
Wilson
Mears
Lawes
Croft
Simpson
Wilkinson
Ashton

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Will Joe Simpson start against Georgia? Empty Re: Will Joe Simpson start against Georgia?

Post by doctor_grey Sun Sep 11 2011, 02:33

I agree and would like to see Simpson start. His performance could not possibly be slower than Wigglesworth. His name is also faster to type. I have not seen Simpson play much. But if he is with the squad, let's see what he has got.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sun Sep 11 2011, 09:10

Id be amazed if Youngs didnt start the game.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down