The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roger Federer is a mentally weak player

+17
Tenez
dyrewolfe
czaree
Manojchandra
yloponom68
Kay Fabe
wow
icecold
luciusmann
kemet
Josiah Maiestas
socal1976
Jeremy_Kyle
JuliusHMarx
Chazfazzer
droogle
Simple_Analyst
21 posters

Go down

Roger Federer is a mentally weak player Empty Roger Federer is a mentally weak player

Post by Simple_Analyst Sat 10 Sep 2011, 10:00 pm

His fans will reign on this with attacks for a fair comment but do we need any more proof this guys is mentally weak? He could still win the match albeit "Hail Mary" but he really has a habit of grabbing defeat from thre jaws of victory. Physicality has nothing to do with losing on match points from 40-15 up.

Last edited by Simple_Analyst on Sun 11 Sep 2011, 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Roger Federer is a mentally weak player Empty Re: Roger Federer is a mentally weak player

Post by droogle Sat 10 Sep 2011, 10:04 pm

Nope.
He was lucky to get the break in the 5th, it was a fortunate string of points. Then Novak got a fortunate string of points.

droogle

Back to top Go down

Roger Federer is a mentally weak player Empty Re: Roger Federer is a mentally weak player

Post by Simple_Analyst Sat 10 Sep 2011, 10:10 pm

This is hilarious. And i'm make to believe a peak Federer can consistently beat a fit Djokovic and a peak Nadal? Well he couldn't certainly get close but serving out the match will always be the problem.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Sat 10 Sep 2011, 10:11 pm

I mean has any player lost so many matches despite having so many match points in his career? Why lose this way when you want to lose? Why not more easily?

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Chazfazzer Sat 10 Sep 2011, 10:15 pm

Federer missed that forehand on match point by about an inch. Why don't you praise the guys for a great match rather than producing articles like this?

Chazfazzer

Back to top Go down

Post by droogle Sat 10 Sep 2011, 10:16 pm

He did well to get ahead in the 5th, he was beat already. Really, shame on Novak for letting him get ahead in the 5th.

droogle

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Sat 10 Sep 2011, 10:17 pm

I love this guy Djokovic - " It's a gamble, you hit hard and and see what happens, you miss you lose"

What a guy Laugh

I want him to win the trophy monday, he deserves it for such a great and memorable year.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sat 10 Sep 2011, 10:21 pm

I can understand your point S_A, but I;ve never understood why you invest so much time, both as S_A and U_E, on Roger Federer?
I mean, I've been a fan of Connors, Agassi and Henman, but never invested that much time and energy in the players I liked, let alone the ones I disliked!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Sat 10 Sep 2011, 10:27 pm

U_E? What's that? Unforced error.

Now we can all laugh at the nonsense that is "physicality". The guy has just been mentally weak most times.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy_Kyle Sat 10 Sep 2011, 10:33 pm

Mentally weak a man who won 16 slams? You don't even know what are you talking about, do you? Instead of praising Fed who at 30 yrs of age put up a terrific match against a strong l player like Djokovic at his peak........ Doh

Let' see how the spanish bull will fare if he'll ever dare to get to the final laughing
Jeremy_Kyle
Jeremy_Kyle

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Sat 10 Sep 2011, 10:37 pm

The spanish bull will get slaughtered if he manages to get there but who cares. At least he will not redicule himself in front of the crowd and tell them ; "oh look, i have match points and about to win" Laugh

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat 10 Sep 2011, 10:38 pm

SA, I agree with you on some things, but every player has to wrestle with nerves. Roger has had plenty of clutch performances in the past. He isn't as great in a tight 5th set match that is true in terms of his career record but he is the only guy to trouble Djokovic this year in the big matches so that says a lot about his ability.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sat 10 Sep 2011, 10:40 pm

There should be a thumps up/down rating for crap threads like this that serve no purpose...copy and paste merchant with nothing good to say..
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Sat 10 Sep 2011, 10:41 pm

Point taken Socal. The problem is, 2 weeks after this, we will hear how he physically got tired from 40-15 serving for the match and lost. Well that will be the case.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by kemet Sat 10 Sep 2011, 10:42 pm

Simple_Analyst wrote:The spanish bull will get slaughtered if he manages to get there but who cares. At least he will not redicule himself in front of the crowd and tell them ; "oh look, i have match points and about to win" Laugh

I thought you were a Nadal fan.

You now show your true colours. You're a fan of anyone who beats Roger Federer.

Really pathetic.

kemet

Back to top Go down

Post by luciusmann Sat 10 Sep 2011, 10:43 pm

Agreed JM, he didnt understand the stats he quoted from the ATP website to slate Federer and then he's recycled the same old trite instead of dare go back on that tread to argue with his 'evidence' which don't even represent deciding tie breakers, very amusing!

luciusmann

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sat 10 Sep 2011, 10:44 pm

Kemet; There was a thread during Wimbledon final where "Simpleton" was getting really depressive moody on Djokovic's slaying of Nadull...it was pretty funny to see how upset he was Very Happy
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Sat 10 Sep 2011, 10:45 pm

kemet, take it easy on your self. I'm a Nadal fan, just not a delusional one who thinks should he make the final he can beat Djokovic. Infact Murray can beat him here too.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy_Kyle Sat 10 Sep 2011, 10:46 pm

Simple_Analyst wrote:The spanish bull will get slaughtered if he manages to get there but who cares. At least he will not redicule himself in front of the crowd and tell them ; "oh look, i have match points and about to win" Laugh

Again, why is it ridicule? The guy s proven he can be still with the best at 30, an old age for a player. He can wait and enjoy watching Nadal getting hammered another couple of times,until he will definitely and permanently lose his confidence. Then, maybe, come back a win a couple more slam sealing a superb career. What's the fun in all of that for you? chin

Jeremy_Kyle
Jeremy_Kyle

Back to top Go down

Post by luciusmann Sat 10 Sep 2011, 10:47 pm

Funny how 'Simpleton' says he's an all out Nadal fan only a few days ago and now he's supporting Djokovic vs Nadal? Er, care to explain the logic simple one? Because that makes zero sense for a Nadal fan. Why would you support Djokovic to beat the person you say you support? Most of what simple one says doesn't make much sense anyway.

luciusmann

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sat 10 Sep 2011, 10:49 pm

Lol, Simpleton trying to soften the blow should Nadal end up losing 1 of the next 2 matches... hilarious Wink
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Sat 10 Sep 2011, 10:50 pm

Well as a fan of tennis and fans of tennis are different from Federer fans, i'll love to witness a really memorable year and to go with it, Djokovic has proved to be better than Nadal this year. So it's all good.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by luciusmann Sat 10 Sep 2011, 10:54 pm

I'm just as much a fan of tennis, good entertaining tennis especially. Of course Fed fans are the problem (anything with Fed or Federer in it). There's normally a word for people like simple one: 'turncoat'. However I doubt he will know what that means as he's not a native English speaker!

luciusmann

Back to top Go down

Post by droogle Sat 10 Sep 2011, 10:58 pm

The idea that there's 2 clear polarities, 'mental strength' and 'mental weakness', as if a mind (whatever that is) is either big, strong, muscley, hard etc., or flimsy, fragile, made of paper, glass, jubblies etc., is such a stupidly crude way to impose order on psychological phenomena. It's on a level with 'good person' 'bad person' etc.. The main reason for employing these sorts of black or white binary opposites it to denigrate or elevate someone.

Novak was mentally weak to be down in the last set, etc.. & other rubbish arguments, you can configure it any way you please.

droogle

Back to top Go down

Post by kemet Sat 10 Sep 2011, 11:01 pm

Simple_Analyst wrote:Well as a fan of tennis and fans of tennis are different from Federer fans, i'll love to witness a really memorable year and to go with it, Djokovic has proved to be better than Nadal this year. So it's all good.

You can say whatever you like and believe whatever you want to believe.

kemet

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Sat 10 Sep 2011, 11:03 pm

Exactly Kemet. Take it easy though, it's just a tennis match Very Happy

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by kemet Sat 10 Sep 2011, 11:08 pm

Simple_Analyst wrote:Exactly Kemet. Take it easy though, it's just a tennis match Very Happy

Well I hope you follow your own advice, as your posting history shows an unhealthy obsession with a certain player.

Whistle

kemet

Back to top Go down

Post by icecold Sat 10 Sep 2011, 11:53 pm

I felt a bit sorry for Roger Federer until I watched his post-match interview ....

Feder post match interview

Sore loser or what! Djokovic just got lucky on the match points ... blah ... blah ...blah ..... sour grapes ... blah ..... blah ..... blah ...... Doh

icecold

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sat 10 Sep 2011, 11:56 pm

Well even as a fan of Federer's rise and outstanding consistency over the years I have accepted he can be a little bitter in such a shocked situation... nobody ever said Federer was perfect did they icecold??
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by luciusmann Sun 11 Sep 2011, 12:07 am

He didn't seem that bitter to me but to be honest, he had that match in his hands and he seems upset he let it go. You don't get much closer than having match points. This isn't the first time it's happened, it's the second, this happened last year too and I can't imagine it would hurt less this time since he lost to the same person he's beaten a couple of times since then (given he's also lost to him in that time since too).

luciusmann

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Sun 11 Sep 2011, 1:41 am

And Nadaull is a pathetic moonballer who can only play one dimensional game. Thanks for Djoko and Murray the future of tennis has some grace left in it.

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 11 Sep 2011, 3:16 am

I totally disagree, Roger Federer has been an absolute phenomonan, two excellent players have just moved ahead of him, Federer is a long way from being finished, he just doesn't get it his own way now, mentally weak? Utter nonsense to be honest

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Sep 2011, 3:49 am

Simple_Analyst wrote:His fans will reign on this with attacks for a fair comment but do we need any more proof this guys is mentally weak? He could still win the match albeit "Hail Mary" but he really has a habit of grabbing defeat from thre jaws of victory. Physicality has nothing to do with losing on match points from 40-15 up.
"know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Sep 2011, 3:50 am

wow wrote:And Nadaull is a pathetic moonballer who can only play one dimensional game. Thanks for Djoko and Murray the future of tennis has some grace left in it.
know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee too

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 Sep 2011, 3:51 am

Simple_Analyst wrote:Exactly Kemet. Take it easy though, it's just a tennis match Very Happy
So you're just having a laff with this thread Yikes

Back to top Go down

Post by yloponom68 Sun 11 Sep 2011, 4:04 am

Lotta drivel, laughs, fun poking here...whatever....

But agree with the poster saying he felt sorry till he watched the post match interview with Federer.

It's not if he sticks around, not winning Majors, but if he's going to stick around and speak like he did in that interview, better he just goes now. I can understand his disappointment, or rather, cannot imagine it - one big ace or service winner away, and then to fade, was sad to watch - but he needs to be far more gracious than he was on this occasion.

He's had a lot of good, breaks in his time, and it doesn't always fall the same way for the same person. Kudos to Djokovic - alot of players would havebeen out of there, head hanging, in the third, instead of that herculean effort D gave.

yloponom68

Back to top Go down

Post by Manojchandra Sun 11 Sep 2011, 7:39 am

Watched the match in parts. Terrific suspense. In the end world number 1 prevailed. As a staunch Roger fan, I am disheartened. But so what. The great game of tennis won. Nole proved a point, so all credit to him. The gesture he used to galvanise the crowd when he snatched a point in the face of near defeat speaks volumes. All perennial underdogs can (only) understand that. What a gutsy performance. I am sure Roger will be back. I know it is a feeble sentiment, but our man is capable of that. I will patiently wait......I can now truly enjoy the final, as the two greats will fight it out. No favoured candidate for me. My bet? Rafa in 4 or 5 sets!

Manojchandra

Back to top Go down

Post by czaree Sun 11 Sep 2011, 10:22 am

Simple_Analyst wrote:This is hilarious. And i'm make to believe a peak Federer can consistently beat a fit Djokovic and a peak Nadal? Well he couldn't certainly get close but serving out the match will always be the problem.

What's your point. This was not peak Federer. He visibly tired from the third set on after putting so much effort to win the first 2 sets. When your legs and arms got fatigued your shot makings and movements will suffer and your mind gets a bit clouded. He's 30 years old and having to rally with the likes of Djoko at his peak is no mean task.

czaree

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Sun 11 Sep 2011, 10:31 am

Nadal is mentally weaker, he has already lost 5 finals, I repeat 5 finals to Djoko and at the rsik of losing another one that too on different surfaces. Novak owns a mentally weaker Nadal and Nadal cannot do anything about him.
He has been no. 2 in most of the achievements in his tennis career to TMF but it's clear that he will end up as menatlly weakest.

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Sun 11 Sep 2011, 10:42 am

czaree wrote:
Simple_Analyst wrote:This is hilarious. And i'm make to believe a peak Federer can consistently beat a fit Djokovic and a peak Nadal? Well he couldn't certainly get close but serving out the match will always be the problem.

What's your point. This was not peak Federer. He visibly tired from the third set on after putting so much effort to win the first 2 sets. When your legs and arms got fatigued your shot makings and movements will suffer and your mind gets a bit clouded. He's 30 years old and having to rally with the likes of Djoko at his peak is no mean task.

Best thing you can do with WUMs like SA is ignore them.

I love how these armchair experts, who've in all probablility never won a trophy of any description in any sport, decide a 16 time Grand Slam winner is mentally weak. Whats even funnier is they don't even realise how stupid they look.

Simple Analyst..."Simple" being the key word. laughing
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Sun 11 Sep 2011, 11:53 am

Like predicted, they will come with attacks but as usual, i stick to the facts with irrefutable evidence to support it. Smile

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Sun 11 Sep 2011, 11:59 am

In the past 9 mtaches, Nadal has come out mentally weaker 8 times. A few of the matches even went to tie breaks but a mentally weaker Nadal who only knows to play one way has come out cropper.
The trend will continue tomorrow. The current no. 1 and the saviour of tennis will humilate his mentally weaker opponent.
laughing

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Sun 11 Sep 2011, 12:01 pm

roger-federer-is-a-mentally-weak-player

And Nadal is mentally weaker laughing

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun 11 Sep 2011, 7:30 pm

federer weak mentally? He actually proved the opposite yesterday from the 1st set TB, second set and 5th, when it mattered he actually played better. However he is certainly a careless player. He relaxes too quickly in this opportunistic world.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Jarvik Sun 11 Sep 2011, 10:31 pm

It's not carelessness that lost Federer those crucial points. Who did not realise that when it went back to deuce that the game was up?

The UE count was way too high, and his play in the first set was such that he was lucky to win it. This thread is a wind-up but there is more than a grain of truth in its premise. Federer plays the best tennis on the tour but lost a match he should have won.

I honestly think Nadal will win this final. But it should have been Roger Federer facing him - Rog, you blew it! 🤦

Jarvik

Back to top Go down

Post by erictheblueuk Mon 12 Sep 2011, 5:35 pm

Is this the same "mentally weak" player who dumped Novak out of Roland Garros 2011 ? chin
erictheblueuk
erictheblueuk

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Mon 12 Sep 2011, 6:36 pm

Simple_Analyst - Are you Jewell_of_East?

Ah those were the days! Smile

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Mon 12 Sep 2011, 7:31 pm

Lol who is that?

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by FedsFan Mon 12 Sep 2011, 7:58 pm

erictheblueuk wrote:Is this the same "mentally weak" player who dumped Novak out of Roland Garros 2011 ? chin

OK

Yup, the same mentally weak player who gave Djoko his first loss of 2011, who had beaten the worlds best player 4 times including two clay finals and a subsequent grass court final!

Federer's concentration is now a BIG issue. He now has these lapses unlike before. He is slower too which is not a great surprise considering he is 30 and at the end of his career.

Nadal too could be accused of this. He allowed a 4-1 lead slip in the final set playing JMDP in Miami and lost the match as did he once playing Federer when he was up 2-0 and lost in 5. Again it happened in Hamburg in 2007 and at Wimbledon in 2008. After a 2-0 lead and match points he was 2 points away from losing in the 5th set. Its not being mentally weak its just a lack of focus.

They are all human so lets not accuse Federer only of this.

FedsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down