The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Mac hits out at Vince Cleverly

+3
BALTIMORA
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Steffan
7 posters

Go down

Big Mac hits out at Vince Cleverly Empty Big Mac hits out at Vince Cleverly

Post by Steffan Sun 11 Sep 2011, 7:04 pm

(Original article by Jane Couch)

"His dad has gone on the internet, slagging me off, putting me down, getting people to phone me up and give abusive phone calls, going on the internet under a different name slagging me off, and he's just riled me. I think it's wrong what he's done, he's calling me finished, he's calling me shot. I like Nathan, I haven't got a beef with Nathan, I just cant stand his father. [Nathan] can go bad blood as much as he wants, he can fight me in a ring, fight me in a gym, fight me in the street, I don't care but he won't win you can trust me on that one."

Looks like old man Vince has been running off at the mouth. When Enzo sees him he should close it. Alternatively he could bust up Vince's boy in the ring, take the title and shut him up that way

Bic Mac will hopefully have some news on the first outing at Light Heavyweight real soon as he looks to become a 2 weight world champion

Regards

Steffan

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Big Mac hits out at Vince Cleverly Empty Re: Big Mac hits out at Vince Cleverly

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 11 Sep 2011, 7:08 pm

I'm not a Cleverly fan but it wouldn't be good for Enzo Mac to end up in the ring with the younger man. Enzo was never that good and given his last outing he should hang up the gloves instead of hoping for a title shot because him and Cleverly's old man don't get on.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 11 Sep 2011, 7:17 pm

Even though im a Cardiff City fan like Clev and Enzo is a Swansea City fan I would cheer on Mac if these pair fought. Enzo has got the potential to go a lot further than the Clev. No one can hit at Lightheavyweight like Eno can. Theres not that kind of power from anyone else. When Enzo connects with the bombs they will be going down

Last edited by Steffan on Sun 11 Sep 2011, 7:19 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Spelling Error)

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 11 Sep 2011, 7:17 pm

Sounds like it could be a lame attempt to build up some interest in seeing Enzo Macc get knocked out again.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Sun 11 Sep 2011, 7:27 pm

Vince Cleverly is a rubbish trainer living off his talented son. It's a situation a bit like the Calzaghes. Although Enzo C had an irritating charm about him. VInce Cleverly is a thick and charmless fool. Would like to see Clev knock out Bellew and then lose just to show up how useless his father is. OK

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 11 Sep 2011, 7:32 pm

I think Cleverly's dad has got a point...Enzo was never much good as a cruiser...just think that slimming down is just a sad, vain and dangerous attempt at prolonging an ordinary career...

Will get battered of Cleverly and I won't want to see him licking canvas again..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 11 Sep 2011, 7:38 pm

Enzo C has a already stated Bic Mac will be the number 1 at LH. If Clev wants any chance of being number 2 then he needs to drop that idiot Vince and get a decent trainer

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 11 Sep 2011, 7:38 pm

If he's stated it...well it must be true..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 11 Sep 2011, 7:40 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:If he's stated it...well it must be true..

Well Enzo C is a boxing genius so I would probably go along with it

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 11 Sep 2011, 7:41 pm

ok

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Sun 11 Sep 2011, 7:44 pm

I got into trouble on another thread for defending Macca so better leave this one alone.

I'll only say I think Enzo Mac was/is a better boxer than Vince "useless" Cleverly is as a trainer and leave it at that. OK

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 11 Sep 2011, 7:44 pm

Christ, Enzo Macc would be lucky to be the #1 light-heavy in Wales, let alone the world. As for Enzo C being a genius...just no. Nothing of the kind. Lucky to have a talented son, that's it.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 11 Sep 2011, 7:45 pm

I dont think Clev could handle Bic Macs punches. Late KO for Enzo after busting the Clev for about 8-9 rounds

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 11 Sep 2011, 7:47 pm

Super D Boon wrote:I got into trouble on another thread for defending Macca so better leave this one alone.

I'll only say I think Enzo Mac was/is a better boxer than Vince "useless" Cleverly is as a trainer and leave it at that. OK

I know what you mean. Defending Bic Mac is nearly as unforgivable as saying something non-positive about Carl Froch

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 11 Sep 2011, 7:49 pm

You not think it's dangerous him campaigning at cruiser and then trying to bleed himself to reach 175.....

Paul Ingle, Duk koo kim ring a bell???

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 11 Sep 2011, 7:52 pm

Enzo was quite light as a cruiser. He could of gone to LH a while back. From what Enzo said he makes the weight easy and doesnt need to 'bleed himself'

Enzo still packs the power. Its the other LHs you need to be worried about Truss

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 11 Sep 2011, 7:52 pm

Enzo Macc seems a nice guy and all, but to suddenly decide he's gonna change weight classes and subsequently have to weigh in up to 25lbs lighter than he's used to...that's a LOT. He needs to sit and watch his last few losses, preferably in the company of his wife, kids and parents, and see how he feels about continuing after seeing their reactions.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 11 Sep 2011, 7:57 pm

Enzo is a fighter. Thats his job. It carries risks same as lots of other jobs do. The only thing Enzo needs to do is get back in that ring and win a world title

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 11 Sep 2011, 8:00 pm

Steffan wrote:Enzo is a fighter. Thats his job. It carries risks same as lots of other jobs do. The only thing Enzo needs to do is get back in that ring and win a world title

With all due respect that's a stupid thing to say. I'd be happy for him if he could achieve something more, but I really feel that particular ship has sailed. Boxing is a high-risk occupation, and all he's heading toward is an old age sat dribbling in his own pîss.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 11 Sep 2011, 8:02 pm

Tread softly because you tread on my dreams

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 11 Sep 2011, 8:04 pm

I appreciate you have a fondness for seeing fellow Welsh boxers do well, but after his last couple of stoppages Enzo Macc needs to seriously reassess his future and consider his health.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 11 Sep 2011, 8:08 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:I appreciate you have a fondness for seeing fellow Welsh boxers do well, but after his last couple of stoppages Enzo Macc needs to seriously reassess his future and consider his health.

Well he obviously has and this is the decision he has made. If he gets sparked out again now at LH then I agree he needs to call it a day. But maybe out of fondness or the fact I like a bit of a fairytale im gonna give him one last chance

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 11 Sep 2011, 8:12 pm

I dunno...he seems to not know when to cut his losses. That kind of mentality is what sees fighters continue for too long. If he doesn't think his punch resistance is gone and that his last stoppage was awful to watch, then what IS gonna make him think that?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Sun 11 Sep 2011, 8:19 pm

Anyway this is all hyperbole. Clev wants a few easy fights where there's some money. Bellew followed by Macca will be two nice easy paydays. The sad thing is Fwank Warren won't care too much for the health of his former champ if he knows setting him up for a further beating will bring in some decent cash.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 11 Sep 2011, 8:23 pm

Precisely Super D. Warren and his ilk aren't known to put the health of their charges as top priority. If Macc were to beat Clev it would be a clear indication of how little Cleverly deserved to be a world title, and if Macc were to lose...well, Clev has still only fought 'B' level guys, and hasn't learnt much from it. Sad state of affairs.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 11 Sep 2011, 8:54 pm

So Balti would you be on Team Clev or Team Mac in this fight?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 11 Sep 2011, 9:03 pm

im not so critical, enzo is a exciting if not extremly gifted fighter. he did seem to suffer from a lack punch resistance his last few fights, but has had a break from the game and may have changed that. i dont think a fight with cleverly would be a huge risk. as for cleverly he is a promising fighter, not really earned his title, but has been unlucky with opponents, waiting for brahmer then the opponent changes. hes been pushed into a fight with an undeserving bellew, but again that was from an opponent change not his fault. a fight will macca will prove if hes a decent prospect that needs bigger fighters or someone just riding warrens wbo contacts, i think he'll win but would enjoy the fight. enzo c was a great trainer too.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 11 Sep 2011, 9:10 pm

Steffan wrote:So Balti would you be on Team Clev or Team Mac in this fight?

Part of me would like to see Enzo have a bit of a resurgence, but I fear if he were to win it would only set him up for another nasty KO a little further down the line. He'd have a title, but it'd be next to worthless given it's recent lineage. Cleverly I think could use a win like Macc as a stepping stone to hopefully gain some good experience against a taller, experienced opponent.

While I don't have a favourite, nor do I dislike either guy, but I'd probably be rooting for Clev so that Enzo can retire and avoid further brutality.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 12 Sep 2011, 9:05 am

Number one light heavy? Enzo! You for real. You though his punch resistance was bad at cruiser, wait until he meets a live light heavy. Chris Bryd been in with Tua, Klits, Rahman and took there best. Fights George at light heavy and gets stopped. And he was known for having a good chin.

Enzo's health is on the line here. I seen him at prizefighter a few months ago and he looked like he was on the rocks, proper gaunt.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down