The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Corrales vs Gatti at lightweight...who wins?

+3
DaveVDK
The Galveston Giant
Fists of Fury
7 posters

Go down

Corrales vs Gatti at lightweight...who wins? Empty Corrales vs Gatti at lightweight...who wins?

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 12 Sep 2011, 6:41 pm

Tris Dixon, the editor of Boxing News got me thinking about this one.

Who do you have winning, and why?

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Corrales vs Gatti at lightweight...who wins? Empty Re: Corrales vs Gatti at lightweight...who wins?

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon 12 Sep 2011, 6:45 pm

For me Corrales height and reach would be key to this fight, although he didn't always use it to his advantage. There's no way this one would last the distance and i would have Corrales by mid/late stoppage in an absolute war, could see Gatti winning his share if they fought a few times though.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Corrales vs Gatti at lightweight...who wins? Empty Re: Corrales vs Gatti at lightweight...who wins?

Post by DaveVDK Mon 12 Sep 2011, 7:00 pm

for me corrales is simply the better boxer of the two, must agree though would be an absolute classic, corrales tko in the later rounds for me.

DaveVDK

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 12 Sep 2011, 7:10 pm

Corrales all day long for me. He was a very competent boxer when he chose to utilize his skills, the kind of skills which Gatti patently never had. Corrales was prone to throwing these skills out the window and brawling unnecessarily, of course, but even then I'd still back him to have too much for 'Thunder.' Corrales by a late stoppage after being thoroughly on top for most of the contest beforehand.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Mon 12 Sep 2011, 7:14 pm

Gatti's record at lightweight is poor and he lost every big fight he had at the weight so I think Corrales would win at lightweight in a peak for peak situation. However these two could have realistically fought at Light Welter around 2004-2005 and I think a fight then would have been an absolute classic, I'd back Corrales again if he carried the weight up well but I think it would be closer and I'd also back Gatti to last the distance. It also goes without say that there would be 17 knock downs each and I wouldn't rule out a Rocky II style finish.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Mon 12 Sep 2011, 8:09 pm

Corrales all the way.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 12 Sep 2011, 8:44 pm

Corrales 9 times out of 10 for me. He was the better boxer and could probably out scrap Gatti as well. Late stoppage for Chico imo.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down