The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cleverly and Bellew sparring partners

+5
TRUSSMAN66
DaveVDK
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
School Project
Steffan
9 posters

Go down

Cleverly and Bellew sparring partners Empty Cleverly and Bellew sparring partners

Post by Steffan Tue 13 Sep 2011, 6:22 pm

(Original article from Nathan Cleverly Fan Page)

Cefn Fforest fighter Cleverly is heading to London to spar with George Groves and former world heavyweight champion David Haye as he bids for the best possible preparation for their October 15 showdown in Liverpool.

And Bellew has recruited Cleverly’s former stablemate and friend Enzo Maccarinelli, which Cleverly admits to being upset about

---

Steffans Opinion:

Enzo had said may be sparring with Bellew. Didnt think he would mind. I guess Clev sparring with Groves would happen now George is with Warren. David Haye though? I assume Adam Booth may have sorted that out. All swings and roundabouts aint it fellas

Regards

Steffan

Last edited by Steffan on Tue 13 Sep 2011, 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling error which as usual Trussman picked up on)

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Cleverly and Bellew sparring partners Empty Re: Cleverly and Bellew sparring partners

Post by School Project Tue 13 Sep 2011, 8:16 pm

Is there any truth in this??, How about a link Steff?

School Project

Back to top Go down

Cleverly and Bellew sparring partners Empty Re: Cleverly and Bellew sparring partners

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 13 Sep 2011, 8:21 pm

I heard that Cleverly was sparring DeGale the same as he did for his last fight. Enzo is hardly a good sparring partner he's been out for a year and wasn't that good before that.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveVDK Tue 13 Sep 2011, 8:59 pm

id say haye seems to be a good way to prepare for bellew he to is rangey with
a decent bit of power in his fists, cant see how enzo is a good choice for sparring partner as like kev said, hes never been up to much and hasnt won a fight in over a year

DaveVDK

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 13 Sep 2011, 9:01 pm

sparing partners.....

How many chicks have they got???

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Tue 13 Sep 2011, 9:10 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:sparing partners.....

How many chicks have they got???

David Haye probably has a few.

As for Enzo, I thought he never sparred... because Calzaghe never did it or something. Saying that though, he wouldn't be a TERRIBLE choice, I mean the guy walks forward (Like Clev), throws punches from similar angles and has an advantage of being in the gym with him before. Let's be honest, Clev hasn't changed his style much as of late so it's not hard to get accustomed to the style.

Not that it'll do Bellew any good though.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 14 Sep 2011, 9:55 am

Link Steffany?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 14 Sep 2011, 2:56 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Link Steffany?

Big tough guy calling me Steffany OK

You got internet so find it yourself

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 14 Sep 2011, 3:04 pm

Steffan wrote:
Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Link Steffany?

Big tough guy calling me Steffany OK

You got internet so find it yourself

I did and couldnt find it

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 14 Sep 2011, 3:05 pm

Its on the Nathan Cleverly Fan Page on facebook. Not sure you can get on there unless you have an account. Try it tough man

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 14 Sep 2011, 3:13 pm

Steffan wrote:Its on the Nathan Cleverly Fan Page on facebook. Not sure you can get on there unless you have an account. Try it tough man

Haha am not sad. I think its lies Laugh

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 14 Sep 2011, 3:20 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
Steffan wrote:Its on the Nathan Cleverly Fan Page on facebook. Not sure you can get on there unless you have an account. Try it tough man

Haha am not sad. I think its lies Laugh

Theres a lot of saddos on facebook I agree. I mainly use it for keeping in contact with family who live abroad though. Not that you would know anything going abroad or bothering with your family.

Heres an interview with Enzo saying that he may spar with your boy Bellew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Irq0RGXaT5c

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 14 Sep 2011, 3:23 pm

To be serious for a minute if Cleverly is letting this bother him he needs to show a bit more maturity. He has been around the game long enough now to know not all fighters make millions, and Enzo is probably comfortably in that category, if he has a chance to make a few quid sparring Bellew who can blame him.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 14 Sep 2011, 3:30 pm

I blame Vince Cleverly for all this. He was running off at the mouth about Enzo. Vince is a clown and no better than Tony Bellew as for being a not very nice person. Clev and Enzo used to be good friends and stablemates. They are both decent enough people. Enzo is a good person, he doesnt need to do this and go work with that nasty waster Bellew just to get back at that equally loathable person Vince

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 14 Sep 2011, 3:33 pm

Business is business though Steffan, Ali and Holmes always got on well but Ali did not mind when Holmes went into Foreman's camp when he was training for an Ali fight. Just strikes me as a distraction Clev does not really need to be bothering himself with.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 14 Sep 2011, 3:36 pm

rowley wrote:Business is business though Steffan, Ali and Holmes always got on well but Ali did not mind when Holmes went into Foreman's camp when he was training for an Ali fight. Just strikes me as a distraction Clev does not really need to be bothering himself with.

True. It would be far better if Vince trained Bellew though wouldnt it Laugh

2 loathable wasters together then OK

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 14 Sep 2011, 3:46 pm

Should read Frazier not Foreman, point still the same but someone will pick me up on it soon enough

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 14 Sep 2011, 3:48 pm

rowley wrote:Should read Frazier not Foreman, point still the same but someone will pick me up on it soon enough

That should read - Should read Frazier not Foreman, point still the same but Trussman will pick me up on it soon enough

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Sep 2011, 3:52 pm

Steffan wrote:
rowley wrote:Should read Frazier not Foreman, point still the same but someone will pick me up on it soon enough

That should read - Should read Frazier not Foreman, point still the same but Trussman will pick me up on it soon enough

Ah, but will he be as polite as you are Steffan?

Enzo can use that sparring for when he calls out Froch

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed 14 Sep 2011, 4:05 pm

Not sure what good Enzo is as he'll spend more time on the floor than he will throwing punches

Perhaps Bellew is learning how to celebrate?! Wink

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 14 Sep 2011, 4:13 pm

coxy0001 wrote:Not sure what good Enzo is as he'll spend more time on the floor than he will throwing punches

The only thing Bellew will be celebrating is his face only being half smashed up

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed 14 Sep 2011, 4:16 pm

Steffan wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:Not sure what good Enzo is as he'll spend more time on the floor than he will throwing punches

The only thing Bellew will be celebrating is his face only being half smashed up

Now that just doesn't tie into my rather funny gag, does it?

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 14 Sep 2011, 4:18 pm

coxy0001 wrote:
Steffan wrote:

Now that just doesn't tie into my rather funny gag, does it?

We cant all be a comic genius like you Coxy...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Wed 14 Sep 2011, 4:23 pm

the laughed when coxy first said he wanted to be a comedian...... there not laughing now

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 14 Sep 2011, 4:28 pm

Haha Laugh

Too touchy of a subject for Steffan.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 14 Sep 2011, 4:29 pm

Steffan wrote:

🤦 need to try harder

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down