The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is there a need for a back to back to series?

+3
Liam_Main
Leff
activereactive
7 posters

Go down

Is there a need for a back to back to series? Empty Is there a need for a back to back to series?

Post by activereactive Wed 14 Sep 2011, 1:08 pm

The current series btwn Ind Eng is not over yet, and the announcement is made for another series to be played in Oct. Eng visiting India.

What is wrong with money hungry BCCI?? Has not it bled the team and the players dry, that too without forming a proper bench strength, to rotate the tired players.

Is there a need for a back to back to series? 2650018817 Is there a need for a back to back to series? 2650018817 I just cant understand BCCI. Waht is it trying to prove?? to revenge the defeat?? Is there a need for a back to back to series? 2650018817 Is there a need for a back to back to series? 2650018817

activereactive

Back to top Go down

Is there a need for a back to back to series? Empty Re: Is there a need for a back to back to series?

Post by Leff Wed 14 Sep 2011, 2:49 pm

Beats me. Asking for more of the English water torture? Masochistic wishes?

Leff

Back to top Go down

Is there a need for a back to back to series? Empty Re: Is there a need for a back to back to series?

Post by Liam_Main Wed 14 Sep 2011, 4:01 pm

Tendulkar and co will be back for the one-day series in Indian so clearly looking for some revenge.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Wed 14 Sep 2011, 5:56 pm

Liam_Main wrote:Tendulkar and co will be back for the one-day series in Indian so clearly looking for some revenge.

Tendulkar wont play.Thats what Ganguly said on commentary.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Wed 14 Sep 2011, 6:19 pm

Sharma, Rohit, Singh, Sehwag will be back though.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by Leff Wed 14 Sep 2011, 6:24 pm

Which Sharma and Which Singh? There are so many of these, I get confused.

Leff

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Wed 14 Sep 2011, 6:31 pm

Rohit Sharma, Ishant Sharma and Harbhajan Singh.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Wed 14 Sep 2011, 6:32 pm

And Yuvraj Singh.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Wed 14 Sep 2011, 6:41 pm

I think Harby coming back can only be good news for England isnt it?

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Wed 14 Sep 2011, 6:42 pm

Think India may stick with Ashwin.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Wed 14 Sep 2011, 6:44 pm

Liam_Main wrote:Think India may stick with Ashwin.

They should but they wont.

IMO
Ashwin>Ojha>Mishra>Harby

The selectors think otherwise and it is only good news for England.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Wed 14 Sep 2011, 6:47 pm

shankythebiggestengfan wrote:

IMO
Ashwin>Ojha>Mishra>Harby

If they had sense they would go with Ashwin, Harby should be only used in Test Cricket while the other spinners develop.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Wed 14 Sep 2011, 6:53 pm

Liam_Main wrote:

IMO
Ashwin>Ojha>Mishra>Harby

If they had sense they would go with Ashwin, Harby should be only used in Test Cricket while the other spinners develop.

In fact he is worse in Test Cricket.In Test matches he shouldnt even be considered.Raina outbowled him in WI and in Eng laughing

I think they should give Ojha and Ashwin a chance even in Tests.They may not be ready but they cant do any worse than the rubbish that Harby has been doing since Kumble's retirement.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Wed 14 Sep 2011, 7:05 pm

That is true, not our call though down to the selectors. In fact since 2005, Harbys bowling average by year hasn't been under 30, 40 and 38 in the last two years.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Wed 14 Sep 2011, 7:16 pm

Liam_Main wrote:That is true, not our call though down to the selectors. In fact since 2005, Harbys bowling average by year hasn't been under 30, 40 and 38 in the last two years.

I am happy to see Harby selected.I love to see India lose Wink

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Sep 2011, 7:30 pm

Liam_Main wrote:Tendulkar and co will be back for the one-day series in Indian so clearly looking for some revenge.

so cos ganguly said he wouldnt play, that automatically assumes he wont play then? Headscratch

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Wed 14 Sep 2011, 7:30 pm

cricketfan90 wrote:

so cos ganguly said he wouldnt play, that automatically assumes he wont play then? Headscratch

Ganguly knows him personally.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by We Are Number 1!!! Wed 14 Sep 2011, 9:16 pm

I read a report in an Asian newspaper that the BCCI is going to ask Tendulkar to retire from ODIs

We Are Number 1!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Wed 14 Sep 2011, 10:32 pm

We Are Number 1!!! wrote:I read a report in an Asian newspaper that the BCCI is going to ask Tendulkar to retire from ODIs

Now thats a rumour.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by We Are Number 1!!! Wed 14 Sep 2011, 11:21 pm

We Are Number 1!!! wrote:I read a report in an Asian newspaper that the BCCI is going to ask Tendulkar to retire from ODIs

Now thats a rumour.
Not really Shankster, youngsters like Rahane, Kohli, Pujara, Rohit etc need to play international cricket, so its good to groom them in ODIs to see their International credentials.

We Are Number 1!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Wed 14 Sep 2011, 11:33 pm

I dont think anyone has it in them to ask Tendulkar to retire.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by We Are Number 1!!! Wed 14 Sep 2011, 11:40 pm

shankythebiggestengfan wrote:I dont think anyone has it in them to ask Tendulkar to retire.
Give me an armed guard and I'll have ago....

We Are Number 1!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Thu 15 Sep 2011, 8:48 am

activereactive wrote:The current series btwn Ind Eng is not over yet, and the announcement is made for another series to be played in Oct. Eng visiting India.

What is wrong with money hungry BCCI?? Has not it bled the team and the players dry, that too without forming a proper bench strength, to rotate the tired players.

Is there a need for a back to back to series? 2650018817 Is there a need for a back to back to series? 2650018817 I just cant understand BCCI. Waht is it trying to prove?? to revenge the defeat?? Is there a need for a back to back to series? 2650018817 Is there a need for a back to back to series? 2650018817

The series was arragnged a long time ago. Really it should have been a test series, woudlnt it have been great to have two sides vying for the number one slot in back to back home and away series?

Other times though ( like when England played the windies away then home) it can just be tedious and empty.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Sep 2011, 10:04 am

i think sachin should retire from odi cricket, give the youngesters a go, but i think he will play against us in india, i think he will contiune to play odi's till he has got his 100th hundred, even if it comes in a test match, once he has scored that i think he will retire from odi cricket, but continue to play tests.

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Thu 15 Sep 2011, 12:18 pm

Not really. Seems to be money over cricketers welfare again.

Too many matches between two sides gets a bit boring too.. like the constant one day series between Eng and Aussie.

I like them to mix it up a bit.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by activereactive Fri 16 Sep 2011, 9:09 am

Liam_Main wrote:Rohit Sharma, Ishant Sharma and Harbhajan Singh.

and there is Yuv Singh, RP Singh, 2 Kumars, Vinay, and Pravin, hope there wont be another Patel.
Now watch, they will ignore Parthive Patel.

activereactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Sep 2011, 10:06 am

hopefully another win for england today Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down