The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tyson Fury - Nicolai Firtha - Channel 5 - Saturday 8.45 - Predictions

+6
Scottrf
TRUSSMAN66
Seanusarrilius
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
School Project
AlexHuckerby
10 posters

Go down

Tyson Fury - Nicolai Firtha - Channel 5 - Saturday 8.45 - Predictions Empty Tyson Fury - Nicolai Firtha - Channel 5 - Saturday 8.45 - Predictions

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 15 Sep 2011, 12:48 am

Fury is fighting on Channel 5 again, conveniently on the night Primetime have another fight that we may have discussed, so it creates a fair amount of automatic free advertising for them. Decent fight and good for boxing to be on terrestrial.
Predictions?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Tyson Fury - Nicolai Firtha - Channel 5 - Saturday 8.45 - Predictions Empty Re: Tyson Fury - Nicolai Firtha - Channel 5 - Saturday 8.45 - Predictions

Post by School Project Thu 15 Sep 2011, 12:54 am

Never heard of him until I checked Google. He lost to Povetkin in December last year and ate some big shots, looks like a solid enough guy to fight. Not a TERRIBLE record of W20 L8 D1.

Judging by the ONE fight I've seen Firtha in, I'm going to hazard a guess of a UD Fury.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Tyson Fury - Nicolai Firtha - Channel 5 - Saturday 8.45 - Predictions Empty Re: Tyson Fury - Nicolai Firtha - Channel 5 - Saturday 8.45 - Predictions

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 15 Sep 2011, 12:58 am

Fury by early KO.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 15 Sep 2011, 3:04 am

fury points based purely on the fact Povetkin couldn't get this guy out and Pvetkin is technically more sound than fury

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 15 Sep 2011, 4:25 am

In truth I have no idea about this Nicolai Firtha. Even as a person who generally knows a lot about most of the current scene I have not heard of him until this fight, somewhat of an unknown quantity to me. However I will go with a decent UD for Fury and hope he is in better shape than he was against Chisora. (not meant as an insult but I mean just generally getting better.)

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 15 Sep 2011, 9:34 am

what a poor fight.....Hoping he might be more adventurous after Chisora..

Hope the sports buyer at 5 isn't going to be played for a mug and buy any old garbage..

Fury wins every round and stops him in 7........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 15 Sep 2011, 9:44 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:what a poor fight.....Hoping he might be more adventurous after Chisora..

Hope the sports buyer at 5 isn't going to be played for a mug and buy any old garbage..

Fury wins every round and stops him in 7........
The original opponent pulled out.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 15 Sep 2011, 9:47 am

and this is the best opponent they could get???

Don't want to se another Audley vs Milkman scenario on cable tv..

Want to see Boxing grow on cable..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 15 Sep 2011, 9:49 am

I think they wanted an opponent that would 'look' good to casual watchers i.e. he's tall. If Fury fights someone 6 foot Hennessy said it would appear like a mismatch.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 15 Sep 2011, 9:51 am

It's a worry that Hennessy is guiding him..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 15 Sep 2011, 9:52 am

He has the 2 most watched boxers since Khan in the UK.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Thu 15 Sep 2011, 10:45 am

When did Hennesy have DeGale and Cleverly?

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 15 Sep 2011, 10:46 am

He didn't.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 15 Sep 2011, 11:02 am

Big fat Mick Hennessey sure knows how to put a good card together...........
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 15 Sep 2011, 11:03 am

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:Big fat Mick Hennessey sure knows how to put a good card together...........
Would have been better if the Irishman didn't chicken out.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 15 Sep 2011, 11:07 am

Scottrf wrote:
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:Big fat Mick Hennessey sure knows how to put a good card together...........
Would have been better if the Irishman didn't chicken out.

It would have been worse Scott. You serious think Rogan was a worthy opponent???

The guy is a joke
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 15 Sep 2011, 11:08 am

One of the best Irish fighters.

Gives his all, would have been a tear up.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 15 Sep 2011, 11:22 am

Not after he quit against Sexton.

Shoulder injury?

Some strong rumours that Rogan had a few quid on himself to get beat that night.

As you said, chickened out. Just like Sexton II
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 15 Sep 2011, 11:24 am

Oh really? Didn't watch that. Have seen him take a lot of punishment before though.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Thu 15 Sep 2011, 11:58 am

Scottrf wrote:He didn't.
It was my poor attempt at sarcasm, sorry mate.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 15 Sep 2011, 11:59 am

School Project wrote:
I knew what you were saying, was just wondering if you actually thought they were the most watched.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu 15 Sep 2011, 5:14 pm

Rogan hasn't trained in years. Not since he was with Breen.

He's a big time charlie now.

Personally I think he's got brain damage.

Fury is making decent improvements from fight to fight. He will be a tough guy to beat for any fighter he is so big and has a solid jaw.

This should be an easy nights work which he deserves after Del-boy. I'd like to see him put on a display. Beat the guy up more than Povetkin could.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TechInept Thu 15 Sep 2011, 5:51 pm

Good that it's free, but a bit of disappointing fight to be honest. I've only seen a YouTube video of furys opponent, he looks very beatable. Nice to see him fairly active though, which is important at this stage in his career.

TechInept

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Sep 2011, 6:12 pm

Maybe Channel Five are looking to secure Tyson's services for the next series of Celebrity Big Brother.

Like most, I'm pleased there's boxing on terrestrial TV (not that I'll get chance to watch it!!!) but am disappointed Fury seems to be taking a backward step here. Still, I'm sure Hennessey has signed a contract stating he can get Fury a fight every three months and will serve up an opponent no matter how dreadful

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Thu 15 Sep 2011, 10:24 pm

Scottrf wrote:
School Project wrote:
I knew what you were saying, was just wondering if you actually thought they were the most watched.

Certanily aint Froch mate! I can't think of anyone else he has promoted other than Froch and Fury?

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 15 Sep 2011, 10:27 pm

School Project wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
School Project wrote:

Certanily aint Froch mate! I can't think of anyone else he has promoted other than Froch and Fury?

John Murray.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshDevilRob Fri 16 Sep 2011, 2:04 pm

Fury is unpredictable due to his chopping and changing of trainers. Talent and size there but doesn't seem to have a truly professional team at times.

Firtha is a decentish Heavyweight but I'm expecting Fury to stop him which would be a good statement.

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Fri 16 Sep 2011, 5:04 pm

prettyboykev wrote:
School Project wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
School Project wrote:

John Murray.

Learn something new every day! I thought Murray was a Warren boxer...

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 16 Sep 2011, 5:57 pm

School Project wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:
School Project wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
School Project wrote:

John Murray.

Learn something new every day! I thought Murray was a Warren boxer...

He was with Mick along with Darren Barker. I think Murray is with Warren now though. I'm not 100% on that because his brother is with Hatton.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 16 Sep 2011, 6:01 pm

School Project wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
School Project wrote:

It's Froch and Fury since Khan's ITV days. Feel free to find numbers proving me wrong though.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 16 Sep 2011, 6:04 pm

Scottrf wrote:
School Project wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
School Project wrote:

It's Froch and Fury since Khan's ITV days. Feel free to find numbers proving me wrong though.

Haye and Hatton? Or is it just British audiences?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 16 Sep 2011, 6:06 pm

Yeah I'm talking in British TV numbers.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 16 Sep 2011, 6:11 pm

Khan and Froch by a distance then. Calzaghe as well but he was slightly before those two.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 16 Sep 2011, 6:14 pm

Yeah, I think people are harsh on Hennessy. He had a good contract with ITV until the channel decided it had enough, and while people are saying no one's heard of his boxers they are doing far better numbers than anyone on Sky.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 16 Sep 2011, 6:16 pm

Feels like a slight step down after a good win on paper against unbeaten Del Boy.
Should move up to Euro level after this.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 16 Sep 2011, 6:21 pm

Scottrf wrote:Yeah, I think people are harsh on Hennessy. He had a good contract with ITV until the channel decided it had enough, and while people are saying no one's heard of his boxers they are doing far better numbers than anyone on Sky.

He did well by Froch he got him in the super six. He was very unlucky with the ITV contract.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 16 Sep 2011, 6:23 pm

prettyboykev wrote:
Scottrf wrote:Yeah, I think people are harsh on Hennessy. He had a good contract with ITV until the channel decided it had enough, and while people are saying no one's heard of his boxers they are doing far better numbers than anyone on Sky.

He did well by Froch he got him in the super six. He was very unlucky with the ITV contract.

You talk about him as if he was dead PBK!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 16 Sep 2011, 6:26 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:

You talk about him as if he was dead PBK!

If it wasn't for Fury in promoters terms he would be.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down