The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Im fed up..... part 2

+5
rhino-dragon
munkian
Shifty
Dominic Dicoco
dragonator
9 posters

Go down

Im fed up..... part 2 Empty Im fed up..... part 2

Post by dragonator Sat 17 Sep 2011, 10:27 pm

After our rather inept performance last week many Dragons supporters were not worried and were looking forward to what should be a 'comfy' win over Aironi. But fast forward a week and what do we get? A struggling display of tactical wastefulness. To be scraping a victory against what is a 2nd string Aironi side is not up to the standards of what were expecting. Some may say a win is the most important part, however keep playing to that standard we will be having a long season. We kicked too much ball away, our basic skills once again letting us down and no sign on that 'special talent' that is needed in the side. A Centre signing must be a priority and ideally a prop but I can understand that this may not be financially affordable. Maybe its just our normal stuttering form that we are used to at the start of every season and hopefully we will be up to the standard of end of season last year. What are your thoughts?

dragonator

Back to top Go down

Im fed up..... part 2 Empty Re: Im fed up..... part 2

Post by Dominic Dicoco Sun 18 Sep 2011, 12:35 am

A prop has been needed for a few years now and no of note hhas been signed. Centre is definately another week point. A big ball carrying centre to get over the gain line will do wonders for The Dragons. Riley, although a good rugby player, is too slow to be a first choice centre at this level.

Dominic Dicoco

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sun 18 Sep 2011, 7:49 am

Perhaps the score was disappointing, but Aironi havent been anyones mugs this season and no team has beaten them easily, they put up a hell of a fight against the Scarlets. The wet conditions didnt help you much either, making your running rugby style hard to play.

You lost 2 hard games in Ireland and won against a tough Italian team at home, the Dragons are doing ok, dont get disheartened.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Sun 18 Sep 2011, 2:06 pm

It's the injuries that really dishearten me , we may have lost another wing
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Sep 2011, 5:57 pm

munkian wrote:It's the injuries that really dishearten me , we may have lost another wing

We have according to the Beeb. Surgery for Pooley. Think we are going to be very light in the backs next week. Good job we normally do well in Connacht, isn't it Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by rhino-dragon Sun 18 Sep 2011, 8:23 pm

Lewis Evans for centre again then?

I was really saddened by the lack of positive rugby on display.

rhino-dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Mon 19 Sep 2011, 10:33 am

Weather certainly didn't help neither did the opposition's style of play.

munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Impossible Standards Mon 19 Sep 2011, 2:14 pm

I think a lot of this performance was hindered by:
a) Very good spoiling techniques from Aroni, hence the large penalty count from them.
b) the weather made it difficult to play the attacking style we so love to watch. c) we lost 4 backs in that match and had a forward playing in the back line. This is never going to help our coherence.

I agree that we should have been looking for the BP win and left feeling a bit fed up but in the clear light of day we managed to get the win. I think this Dragons team is going to need a good few months to get going by the look of things!
Impossible Standards
Impossible Standards

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Mon 19 Sep 2011, 3:21 pm

Do what I did in the Aironi game then...
Sit next to a stunning slim blonde lady and get chatted up, it doesn't half make the game more fun!
The sexy little thing even walked me to my van because I didn't know where Bedford street was! I normally leave my vehicle in the Fitness center car park, but it was locked during the Aironi game, which led to a bit of a panic.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by youngguns6 Mon 19 Sep 2011, 3:37 pm

Alyn... Did u nob her?

youngguns6

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Mon 19 Sep 2011, 3:58 pm

youngguns6 wrote:Alyn... Did u nob her?
No, I thought about asking her for her phone number, but having a partner and kids at home, it was probably wise not to. Whistle

Though first impressions wise she was probably "almost" my dream woman, slim, long blonde hair, nice teeth, great sense of humor, easy to talk to, mad about rugby (Newport and Dragons season ticket holder), had a job, had a drivers licence. The only draw back I found in 2 hours of conversation was she was a Dragons fan not an Ospreys fan!
I did plan to go to the next Dragons game and chat to her again, but sadly S4C have altered the Ospreys V Connaght from Sunday to the Friday night for tv, and it now directly clashes with the Dragons V Ulster game. Why they just didn't leave the Ospreys game alone and air the Dragons one is anyones guess. Headscratch
The next Dragons game after that is the 15th of October so I wouldn't of seen her in 4 weeks, and she would of probably forgotten me by then anyway! Tumbleweed

Probably for the best really, I have never met any woman I have had that much chemistry with, or that much in common. angel
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by DRAGONONPARADE Tue 20 Sep 2011, 1:15 pm

Alyn and we thought you liked the Dragons rugby team.First the little red head now the blonde is your mate working in the ticket office kiss Hug

DRAGONONPARADE

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Tue 20 Sep 2011, 6:09 pm

DRAGONONPARADE wrote:Alyn and we thought you liked the Dragons rugby team.First the little red head now the blonde is your mate working in the ticket office kiss Hug
I do like the Dragons, but I am an Ospreys season ticket holder, so I guess my ideal lady would be an Ospreys supporter, though my partner is a Dragons fan, so I guess no one is perfect Wink
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by RuckingFlanker86 Tue 20 Sep 2011, 6:34 pm

Alyns got a girlfriend randy

RuckingFlanker86

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down