The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who will go undefeated the longest?

+9
Derbyblue
cherriesfna
Grizzly
GSC
skins4ever
mikeygnfl
thunder and lightning
Pr4wn
Brady12
13 posters

Go down

Who will go undefeated the longest? Empty Who will go undefeated the longest?

Post by Brady12 Sun 18 Sep 2011, 9:13 pm

who will have the 72 Dolphins sweating the most this season....

Smart money is on the Patriots for me I can see them going close to perfect with a reasonable easy schedule, only real tough game is away at the Meadowlands but the Jets are over hyped

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Who will go undefeated the longest? Empty Re: Who will go undefeated the longest?

Post by Pr4wn Sun 18 Sep 2011, 9:14 pm

You would say that...

What about the Packers?

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Who will go undefeated the longest? Empty Re: Who will go undefeated the longest?

Post by Brady12 Sun 18 Sep 2011, 9:21 pm

Pr4wn wrote:You would say that...

What about the Packers?

They'll struggle against decent defences I suspect. Detroit will win that division

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by thunder and lightning Sun 18 Sep 2011, 9:34 pm

The Bills

Fitzmagic

thunder and lightning

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Mon 19 Sep 2011, 1:46 am

The Patriots (obviously), the Jets & the Bills all look decent so far this season from the AFC East.

mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Mon 19 Sep 2011, 10:07 am

The Lions beat up on a wounded KC. Wow. Can't see how that points to them winning the division. By that logic the Bills win the East. The Lions are good, but they just about beat the Buccs in week one and they aren't looking all that hot compared to last year. It won't be a cake walk, but the Packers have gotten that winning bug and its something the Lions haven't had in decades. I suspect it will be a factor when it comes down to it.

The Packers and Pats both play a couple of tough teams but I think the Packers have the slightly softer schedule, so I think they stay undefeated longest. If they beat the Bears next week, I can't see anyone offering them a tough game until they face the Chargers, and even then, the Chargers look like they are capable of self destructing any time!

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 19 Sep 2011, 10:18 am

The Jets.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Mon 19 Sep 2011, 10:22 am

The question is irrelevant, when was the last time a superbowl was won by a team who went the longest unbeaten ?
I don't know the answer to that before anyone thinks I'm being smart

Grizzly

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Mon 19 Sep 2011, 10:33 am

patriots will go 16-0 and barady will throw for 5,500 yards and 40 TDs and ill get lots of fantasy points
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Mon 19 Sep 2011, 12:43 pm

Grizzly wrote:The question is irrelevant, when was the last time a superbowl was won by a team who went the longest unbeaten ?
I don't know the answer to that before anyone thinks I'm being smart

Technically the answer is the Colts, but their SB win was in the middle of their unbeaten run (the Jets ended it December 09). I suspect your question was more specific than it read - i.e. which team last had the longest unbeaten start to a season and won the SB the same season.

The actual answer is I believe the 2009 Saints that went 13-0 then beat the Colts in SB XLIV.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 19 Sep 2011, 1:09 pm

Colts were undefeated longer that season iirc.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 19 Sep 2011, 1:10 pm

They were 14-0 before they sat and let the Jets into the playoffs if memory serves.

Either that or the Saints lost to the Cowboys in a thursday night game.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Mon 19 Sep 2011, 1:47 pm

Colts went 14-0 before losing/giving up their last two games in 09.
Saints went 13-0 before losing to Dallas.

It matters not, the point I was making was that going unbeaten Sept-Dec doesn't win you anything other than a division title which Colts/Pats have proved in recent history, I even remember the Titans going 11-0 who then went one and done in the play offs....

Grizzly

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Mon 19 Sep 2011, 2:18 pm

On the first two weeks the Chiefs have a chance of being a 16-0 team but not in the right way.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Mon 19 Sep 2011, 6:24 pm

Actually, I've re-read the OP and this topic doesn't state its specific to the actual NFL. So my answer is its between me, Lowland Admirals or Tartan Titans (at least in the 606v2 East league). Whistle

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Tue 20 Sep 2011, 8:41 pm

Brady12 wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:You would say that...

What about the Packers?

They'll struggle against decent defences I suspect. Detroit will win that division
I completely agree, I mean it's not like the Packers didn't manage to put up 42 points against what was one of the best defenses in the NFC last season. Detroit haven't had a tough test yet this season, they could be 5-3 at their bye week but they won't win the division, I'm not even sure they'll make the post season.

I agree with Grizzly on this, going undefeated in the regular season means nothing if you can't win when it matters most, you should know a thing or two about doing that being a Patriots fan. The Packers lost their 3rd game last season but I don't imagine they're complaining about how the season went for them.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Dicoco Mon 26 Sep 2011, 4:01 pm

Did anyone say the Bills? Just three teams left Bills, Packers and Redskins.

edit - just noticed thunderandlightning's post. Good call on the Bills, could be right.

Dominic Dicoco

Back to top Go down

Post by dancingweeman Mon 26 Sep 2011, 4:04 pm

Don't forget the Lions Dominic!

dancingweeman

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Dicoco Mon 26 Sep 2011, 4:13 pm

dancingweeman wrote:Don't forget the Lions Dominic!

Ah correct! Add the Lions to the list then.

Dominic Dicoco

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Dicoco Mon 26 Sep 2011, 4:15 pm

Who will go the longest without a win then?
Miami, Colts, Chiefs, Vikings or Rams?

Dominic Dicoco

Back to top Go down

Post by dancingweeman Mon 26 Sep 2011, 4:53 pm

Without knowing the schedules, from what i've seen i'd say Colts or Chiefs.

dancingweeman

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Mon 26 Sep 2011, 5:07 pm

Colts and Chiefs played it tough yesterday, so they may get a win sooner than expected. Miami are probably too good to go winless for long as well, so I reckon its between the Rams and the Vikings. Given the way the Vikings are tanking games, especially once they are ahead, my vote goes to them.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Forward Pass Mon 26 Sep 2011, 9:48 pm

Agree with skins its between the nfc pair but at least the vikes stay competetive for 1/2 a game
Rams for me
Forward Pass
Forward Pass

Back to top Go down

Post by TM Moot Tue 27 Sep 2011, 9:19 am

skins4ever wrote:Actually, I've re-read the OP and this topic doesn't state its specific to the actual NFL. So my answer is its between me, Lowland Admirals or Tartan Titans (at least in the 606v2 East league). Whistle

(cough cough) er.. Shepton Mallet Matadors (somewhat amazingly..) Yahoo

Last edited by TM Moot on Tue 27 Sep 2011, 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

TM Moot

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Tue 27 Sep 2011, 1:29 pm

Yes, I have to personally thank Mr Brady for deciding to throw as many INT's as TD's, Mr Hillis for not staying away from sick people during the season, the Jets D for forgetting its job, Mr Bowe for being the epitome of inconsistent (or should that be the Chiefs as a team?), and just about everyone else on my roster for having a universal off week. Oh well, lets just hope its not a slide.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down