The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which undefeated superstar will be the first to lose?

+6
Tranquil Chaos
Y2James
DDT
Hero
Dr Gregory House MD
Prince of Wales
10 posters

Go down

Who's gonna taste defeat first?

Which undefeated superstar will be the first to lose? Vote_lcap32%Which undefeated superstar will be the first to lose? Vote_rcap 32% 
[ 10 ]
Which undefeated superstar will be the first to lose? Vote_lcap16%Which undefeated superstar will be the first to lose? Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 5 ]
Which undefeated superstar will be the first to lose? Vote_lcap52%Which undefeated superstar will be the first to lose? Vote_rcap 52% 
[ 16 ]
Which undefeated superstar will be the first to lose? Vote_lcap0%Which undefeated superstar will be the first to lose? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 31

Poll closed

Which undefeated superstar will be the first to lose? Empty Which undefeated superstar will be the first to lose?

Post by Prince of Wales Sat 12 May 2012, 2:50 am

Let's hope none of them ends up like Kozlov, who went from beating the Undertaker to becoming a jobber.

Prince of Wales

Back to top Go down

Which undefeated superstar will be the first to lose? Empty Re: Which undefeated superstar will be the first to lose?

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sat 12 May 2012, 4:03 am

I think/hope Clay will suffer a loss or two soon, his character is a lot of fun and has really caught on, but he needs to start showing some vunerablity in order to move forward

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Which undefeated superstar will be the first to lose? Empty Re: Which undefeated superstar will be the first to lose?

Post by Hero Sat 12 May 2012, 10:19 am

I thought this blog post was an interesting read on the 3 big guys...

Ryback

The artist formerly known as Skip Sheffield has honestly suprised me by not disappearing into obscurity following his injury and departure from the Nexus way back in August 2010. I always thought he showed a little something in his initial 'run' in his former guise but having seen much more talented established stars either future endeavoured or let go I didn't hold up much hope for his chances in the federation. How wrong I was. I suppose I failed to take into consideration Vinces love of the 'big men' and Ryback certainly ticks the size box, looking relatively huge compared to a large proportion of the current roster, and seems to be on the receiving end of a nice push from the powers that be.

Since his comeback he's been incredibly dominant. Week in, week out he's squashing nobodys for fun, while being scouted backstage by various low to mid carders. The fact that these ham and eggers he faces get a bit of mic time further adds to the entertainment as Ryback comes out and demolishes them with a series of inpressive power moves, putting them quickly out of their misery and saving the fans from any more drivel coming out of their 'never gonna be seen on TV again' mouths.

By being given time to show his dominance, demonstrate his moveset, and develop his intense 'feed me more' gimmick, Ryback gets credibility as a genuine monster in the making, and doesn't have to bury other talent in the process. I expect in the next month or so he may start competing against some of the lower level superstars on tv, but handled correctly, there's no reason why he can't go far and not neccesarily to the detriment of other talent. Having watched the the careers of Ezekial Jackson and Mason Ryan nosedive maybe its time a wrestler of this size is due a major run?

Hearing the Goldberg chant in Chicago, whilst perhaps annoying on one level, must have been taken as a huge compliment to the newcomer Ryback, and may be the early sign of a long winning streak in store for him.

Being more of a purist, who prefers a more fast paced technical style, I'm slightly ashamed to admit that I'm actually liking Ryback. Its rare for me to say this but I think they've got his booking exactly right, and thats probably helping with my interest in his character and his development. However, poor booking can lead to huge disinterest in a wrester, which leads me onto my next subject.

Brodus Clay

Having seen Snoop Doggs ex bodyguard make it through NXT to join the main roster, and seeing him involved in high pofile matches with Alberto Del Rio, I thought the future was bright for Brodus as a potential monster heel. He disappeared for a while and I genuinely looked forward to his return.

However, I did not expect the 'Funkasaurus' and to say my mouth was left open and I was speechless is no exaggeration, I found it staggering, a shockingly bad decision from whoever green lighted this awful gimmick. Admittedly his character had grown on me slightly, but is already turning very stale, as are his matches, which have never really set the arenas on fire.

Brodus has been having squash matches since his comeback. But unlike Ryback he's been demolishing established stars, and herein lies the problem. To see established stars such as the Miz, Dolph Ziggler and Jack Swagger get so swiftly beaten by him so early in his career doesn't do anything for me. These are all ex world champions but rather than build these matches properly they've been wasted by a having semi squash matches. Having no real build up means neither Brodus or his opponent gets any real benefit from the matches in terms of career development which seems such a waste.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm very aware of the need and importance for the WWE to develop and nurture new talent which is why I don't have a problem with a newcomer getting a serioius push, but I just think it could've been handled a lot better. Brodus also should've been a heel, and not this Godfather wannabe.

I've noticed the girls getting more camera time too. Is this because like me the cameraman is also finding Brodus's routine boring? I read on here the other day someone wrote that Brodus can't dance. So true. A shockingly bad mover, Hornswoggle danced better than him and that's saying something.

All is not lost though. This gimmick will inevitably run its course. I think he'll maybe turn heel on someone after losing the world title shot he'll inevitably get in the next 12 months. If they can manage his heel turn correctly it could be huge, and turn him into a genuine monster for years to come. I also read someone suggesting the other day him turning on a 'face' Mark Henry for stealing his proposed 'Hall/House of Pain' gimmick. This could be great and could lead to him retiring Henry, building his reputation immensley.

Brodus is still young, and if carefully managed could have a great career. Sadly, despite a huge push I don't think the same can be said for Lord Tensai, my final subject.

Lord Tensai

During his original run I always found Prince Albert/Albert/A Train a solid but unspectacular performer. Someone who had the build loved by the senior wwe management but somehow failed to connect with the wwe 'universe' and was eventually released.

I gave him huge respect for resurfacing in Japan as Giant Berhard and for doing so well, and when I heard rumours he was coming back to the wwe I was genuinely looking forward to his return.

Once again I feel the writers have blown it with this rubbish Lord Tensai gimmick. What with his green mist, ridiculous outfit and complete lack of personality I'm already just not bothered about this guy, and I still feel he doesn't connect, despite his additional experience. Again, maybe this is down to the squash based nature of his matches thus far.

Alex Riley (once a promising main eventer in the making) and Yoshi Tatsu got destroyed, and he's scored painfalls against Cena AND Punk too, although cheated his way to these high profile 3 counts.

When it comes down to it he's being built up to appear a monster but will definitely end up staring at the lights for Cena, Punk and whoever else they wish to be their top faces.

The problem is that unlike with Clay who has time on his side, and can recover from a bad gimmick, Tensai I feel has this last shot at wwe stardom. He never elevated above the mid card in his first run and I don't think he will as Tensai. At this stage in his career I feel it would be hard to reinvent himself as another character and I genuinely see him gone within two years, as boredom quickly sets in from the fans, and his monster status is seriously eroded by frequent defeats further down the line.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by DDT Sat 12 May 2012, 10:23 am

Il go with Lord Tensai, because I'm convinced he will be pushed to the top of the card to face CM Punk for the belt after over the limit, and I can see Punk winning.

DDT

Back to top Go down

Post by Y2James Sat 12 May 2012, 12:07 pm

I went for Tensai. Looks like hes going to interfere on behalf of Big Jonny next week, which will inevitably lead to him being fed to Cena at some point in the near future.

Y2James

Back to top Go down

Post by Tranquil Chaos Sat 12 May 2012, 9:11 pm

yeah tensai for me aswell, looks like hes going to be the first of the 4 put into a main event level feud and i can see him eating a few losses in the inevitable tag team matches should the cena-johnny feud continue after over the limit
Tranquil Chaos
Tranquil Chaos

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Sat 12 May 2012, 9:14 pm

I'd really rather Lord Tensai went back to Japan to be honest.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Sat 12 May 2012, 10:57 pm

Don't see what Tensai is bringing to the business tbh. Never really a star or a big name, so why bring him back now, what because he's got that Japanese style about him, even though he's just a 350lbs overweight wrestler with pretty average wrestling skills.

I would rather a muscular wrestler like Ryan or Ryback get a big push from being an enforcer for Johnny, getting a feud with Cena and getting a push, that way they are in the public eye if you like getting noticed, and let's be honest, they can't be worse than Cena in the ring can they?

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 13 May 2012, 9:10 pm

Brodus Clay is good atm, but how long will it last is the question? Sooner than later he will become boring and is he really good enough to be IC or US Champion? I dont think so

Lord Tensi- In ring skills are awfull. But WWE seem to like him, can see him losing to Cena in a couple of Raw times.

Ryback. Massive fan of this guy. Really want him to be main event picture come the end of the year.

Damien Shaddow - So far so good. On the mic skills are pretty good, doing well at his gimmic. Just need to see his in ring skills now

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Sun 13 May 2012, 10:05 pm

Tensai, he's involved with Cena, enough said.

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down