The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fighters you really wan't to see lose and lose bad

+16
KO-KING
88Chris05
BallchinianMuffwig
BoxingFan88
Ent
Gordy
Seanusarrilius
Imperial Ghosty
manos de piedra
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
AlexHuckerby
EdWoodjr
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Il Gialloblu
Josef K.
azania
20 posters

Go down

Fighters you really wan't to see lose and lose bad Empty Fighters you really wan't to see lose and lose bad

Post by azania Sun 03 Jun 2012, 3:36 pm

I mean get schooled before getting knocked out.

For me its Manny. Never have liked him for whatever reason. Perhaps its the hype surrounding him and his approach to opponents (weaken them before they enter the ring).

Also want to see Floyd get knocked out to see his reaction to defeat.

Alvarez. - More hype over substance and that he gets a lot of leeway here for fighting sub-standard opponents and gets credit for it.

Hopkins - so he retires and people stop elevating him because of his wins. He's an active boxer and his age is irrelevant.

azania

Back to top Go down

Fighters you really wan't to see lose and lose bad Empty Re: Fighters you really wan't to see lose and lose bad

Post by Josef K. Sun 03 Jun 2012, 3:52 pm

I'd like to see it happen to both Alvarez and JCC. Nothing against the Mexicans oh and Rios, like I say, nothing agains the Mexicans.

Tavoris Cloud too, inactive, protecting his '0' pretty much everything I don't like in a fighter.

Josef K.

Back to top Go down

Fighters you really wan't to see lose and lose bad Empty Thought I'd save you the bother mate!

Post by Il Gialloblu Sun 03 Jun 2012, 4:04 pm

Steffan wrote:Carl Froch
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Fighters you really wan't to see lose and lose bad Empty Re: Fighters you really wan't to see lose and lose bad

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 03 Jun 2012, 4:05 pm

Haye- He just gets to me, I hate him so much. He's so cocky and arrogant, always blowing his own trumpet he deserves to be knocked out

Pacquiao- like you I don't like him and haven't ever warmed to him. I think he is overrated somewhat and my dislike towards him is probably down to him acting like a puppet for Arum and roach.

Chavez Jr- he is a very poor boxer and is living off his father. It's not his fault but I can't ignore the fact that if his last name wasn't Chavez then Zbik would have won the decision. His ducking of Martinez is shameful to say the least. The fight could have been made ages ago

Margarito- vile human should have been banned for life and to the day hasn't apologised, nothing, he's happy with what he's done. Want him to be knocked out cold

Cleverly- don't actually dislike him but I am waiting for the day when he steps up and gets exposed. Bellew (who is no means world class) showed that clev isn't much other than a big guy with a good motor but lacking power or skill

Fury- gets too much credit imo for beating an overweight chisora. He ducked price imo and said rogan is the fight we all want to see. He then says that the battle of Britain is between him and the chisora/Haye winner when he would sic both and won't fight price who could also be #1 atm

Back to top Go down

Post by EdWoodjr Sun 03 Jun 2012, 4:19 pm

Josef K. wrote:I'd like to see it happen to both Alvarez and JCC. Nothing against the Mexicans oh and Rios, like I say, nothing agains the Mexicans.

Tavoris Cloud too, inactive, protecting his '0' pretty much everything I don't like in a fighter.

Totally agree about bully boy Alvarez and joke champion JCC. I would throw serial head butter Bradley into the mix as well.

EdWoodjr

Back to top Go down

Post by Josef K. Sun 03 Jun 2012, 4:24 pm

I would, Wood, but I think I've been suckered in by 24/7! If this article was 4 weeks ago I'd definitely concur.

Josef K.

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 03 Jun 2012, 4:28 pm

Forgot about JCC.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 03 Jun 2012, 4:45 pm

Bob Arum... Not a fighter but I want to see him get beat up, maybe by Sergio.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sun 03 Jun 2012, 4:50 pm

Rios is a great shout!!

I hate the way he talks as if he is some sort of god of boxing. After the Abril fight/robbery he called all boxing journalists "fat losers who know nothing about boxing" aimed at Dan Rafael mostly I think due to his comments on the shambles of a decision.

I
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 03 Jun 2012, 4:50 pm

Don King v Bob Arum. Promoter death match. King has done the job before, with much more experience now, he should finish Arum in double quick time.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sun 03 Jun 2012, 5:05 pm

Mayweather probably for me. I admire his talents but have increasingly started to hate all the baggage that comes with him. I despise ppv and he is almost symbolic of the ppv phenomenon that plagues boxing. Not a big fan of his "money" persona either. Find him quite boring and stupid really.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 03 Jun 2012, 5:09 pm

Pacquiao- just to make up for the disgraceful decisions he has had over Marquez, the first and third ones in particular made my blood boil.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sun 03 Jun 2012, 5:11 pm

Tyson Fury
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 03 Jun 2012, 5:19 pm

Deontay Wilder

The guy has fought NO ONE and if anything is going backwards. 20 KO's in 20 fights but is nothing more than average and has fought overweight journeymen (one of which weighed 400lbs I think) and cruiser weight journeyman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Jun 2012, 5:41 pm

Is Anthony Small still fighting? Him...

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 03 Jun 2012, 5:45 pm

Chavez because he is undisciplined, misses drug tests and avoids big challenges.

Brandon Rios - Ill disciplined, seems cruel

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordy Sun 03 Jun 2012, 5:50 pm

Interesting question.

David Price, just so Sky will stop with the hype and comparisons to Lennox Lewis. The guy he beat last time around was a no hoper. I think its insulting to the finest British fighter of all time to be compared to a guy who has accomplished nothing by comparison.

Audley Harrison. He is an embarrassment to his sport now and seems quite derranged about his own ability.

Not so much wanting to see them lose but I would like to see Haye, Chisora and the cheat who was supposed to fight Khan banned for life from the sport. Sadly in boxing this is unlikely but I will always hope they lose when they fight in the future. Puts me in a tricky position for the Haye v Chisora fight. Is it possible they can both lose?!

Gordy

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 03 Jun 2012, 5:54 pm

Some could say it's insulting to Jimmy Wilde and Ted Lewis that Lennox Lewis is rated above them not that Price has ever actually been compared to him but has instead been called the best british heavyweight prospect since which to me is very fair.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordy Sun 03 Jun 2012, 6:17 pm

I dont see it as an insult in the slightest to rank Lennox Lewis as the best fighter to come from these shores. Its always difficult to compare eras of course, but I believe Lewis would have beaten any other heavyweight given the chance with the exception of Ali, who was really one of kind and unlikely to be replicated.

Unfortunately in his career, Lewis suffered at the hands of the American boxing press quite simply because they were jealous that he was beating all their best heavyweights. But dont let this distract you from how great a fighter he was! Who can forget the awful engineered fight against Holyfield where he beat the daylights out of him only for the American judges to rob him blind! Or of Riddick Bowe who threw away his title rather than face Lewis.

George Foreman who fought more top heavyweights than anyone else over three decades is on record saying Lewis would have been too good for him. This is coming from a man who fought Ali and Frazier so who are we to argue!

Gordy

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 03 Jun 2012, 6:25 pm

Foreman says a lot of things that make no sense so I tend to ignore him, for the record I rate Lewis very highly although he gets taken apart in double quick time by Foreman. He was a great heavyweight although I can't imagine him ever being rated higher than Wilde who was the greatest flyweight of all time without compare while his namesake Ted Lewis is also miles ahead of him.

To continuously bang on about sky hyping Price is incredibly boring as he is the best british heavyweight prospect SINCE Lewis, no one has compared their talents but considering the dirge of talent in the division it isn't beyond the realms of possibility that he will have a big impact.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 03 Jun 2012, 6:29 pm

Can we not get into another old timers are better than modern boxing thread please. It's boring. It also allows those with great boxing knowledge and facts to show off whilst knowing very little about boxing itself.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordy Sun 03 Jun 2012, 6:31 pm

George Foreman himself said Lennox Lewis would beat him! I think he should know better than anyone else!

Gordy

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 03 Jun 2012, 6:32 pm

Gordy wrote:George Foreman himself said Lennox Lewis would beat him! I think he should know better than anyone else!

Foreman has also said similar things about Wlad and Vit, often prior to their fights when hired by German TV.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 03 Jun 2012, 6:38 pm

No need to get all uppity ghosty. You want to show off your KNOWLEDGE as if anyone cares. Those oldies lost too many to be considered good anyway.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 03 Jun 2012, 6:49 pm

What you consider is irrelevant. Point is you do not like your oh so knowledgable views challenged and you find it an insult as you consider yourself to be the premie authority on boxing history. My opinion is that Charlie Magri and Francis Ampofo would have blown away Jimmy Wilde in no time.

This is the second time you have accused me of having my opinions tinged with racial prejudice. I asked you before for evidence and you cried and ran.

Either show the evidence or withdraw the remark. And bypassing the swear filter in that manner is childish to the extreme don't you think? Isn't your vocabulary wide enough. Take my advise and grow up. thumbsup

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 03 Jun 2012, 6:53 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Get bent your racist pr^ck

Laugh Laugh

What a man. No evidence of anything. Much like your opinions on boxing.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun 03 Jun 2012, 6:54 pm

Now now children.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordy Sun 03 Jun 2012, 6:54 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:It's not about showing off I try to back up my opinions rather than thinly lacing my opinions with bias, racial prejudice and ignorance. I would consider Jimmy Wilde the premier flyweight of all time who has a shocking 5 losses to his name far higher than a great heavyweight in Lewis, i'm growing very tired of being stalked around on this site by an obnoxious c&&t who knows absolutely f*&k about anything.

Calm down mate! Whats the problem? Nobody has said anything racist here?

I dont know much about Jimmy Wilde but in my opinion Lennox Lewis is the best British fighter ever and Im sure many would agree with me!

Gordy

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 03 Jun 2012, 6:58 pm

Personally I have Calzaghe ahead of Lewis.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordy Sun 03 Jun 2012, 7:03 pm

azania wrote:Personally I have Calzaghe ahead of Lewis.

Calzaghe is a great shout. Terrific fighter and of course was famously never beaten. But for me Lennox Lewis is top of the tree with Calzaghe a close second.

Gordy

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 03 Jun 2012, 7:08 pm

Its your opinion. For me I didn't really take to Lewis, plus his losses were....well...terrible. I was always on the edge of my seat when watching him because I felt he could go at any time. I never had that much confidence in him ever since Bruno was outboxing him and wobbling him for fun.

With JC you always knew he was going to win. It does help that much of his opponents were dross, but when he stepped up I always felt confident that he was better that the opponent. Plus he could take a whack.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 03 Jun 2012, 7:28 pm

Gotta be honest, I don't have a single fighter that I want to see get destroyed. The effort that these athletes put in to do 12 hard rounds is unbelievable and quite usually super human.

I thought Bradley was a bit over rated before, but watching him and listening to him on 24/7 gives me a new found respect for him and all boxers. They dedicate their lives and risk their lives for our entertainment and I for one cannot respect all of them enough.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Sun 03 Jun 2012, 7:53 pm

Enjoyed seeing Joel Casamayor get hurt against Marquez

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sun 03 Jun 2012, 7:54 pm

Lads, there have been two or three posts which I've removed, and I'm sure you all know why. There's a line and I'm sure you know when it's been crossed. Cut it out, for everyone's sake.

Onwards and upwards now.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Sun 03 Jun 2012, 9:49 pm

88Chris05 wrote:Lads, there have been two or three posts which I've removed, and I'm sure you all know why. There's a line and I'm sure you know when it's been crossed. Cut it out, for everyone's sake.

Onwards and upwards now.

Red Font - Cant Be good, it's getting serious... Crying or Very sad

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 03 Jun 2012, 9:51 pm

I always enjoyed Bruno getting spanked. The more punches he took the more coherent and intelligent he seemed to get.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 03 Jun 2012, 10:42 pm

It isn't ludicrous. It's his opinion. Frankly I support it also and I don't rate Lewis that highly. Was Benny Leonard british?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 03 Jun 2012, 10:48 pm

Wilde is the greatest flyweight of all time.

150 fights and 5 losses, he deserves to be #1 but heavyweights will always be given more praise. It's a shame really as he deserves it more than Lewis

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 03 Jun 2012, 10:54 pm

Easy to build up such a record when you're fighting coal miners and the like. Great boxer for his time. So was Lewis and JC.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Mon 04 Jun 2012, 2:33 am

This is a negative thread aimed at angering people, keep it clean. And debate, don't get personal.

I don't want to see anyone get hurt in the ring, Mayweather annoys me but he is gifted and plays by the rules when he boxes, so can't even say him. If a really bad person took up boxing it might change, and Cheatarito shouldn't even be allowed to box so that annoys me. The guy is a disgrace.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 04 Jun 2012, 4:25 am

Got to say I dont really understand the inneviteable horror that that comes with someone ranking Lennox Lewis as number 1 British fighter. I think he has a perfectly fair argument against the likes of Wilde, his namesake, Lynch, Berg, Welsh etc. Dont mind people having their own rankings but I think Lewis belongs up their with his own argument. Why is it so inslulting, ludicrous, ridiculous etc to rank Lewis ahead of Wilde or Berg? Its close in my opinion and I also see Calzaghe as having an argument also. The differences in Lewis and Calzaghe overall in acheivements are pretty small.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Mon 04 Jun 2012, 6:08 am

BoxingFan88 wrote:Gotta be honest, I don't have a single fighter that I want to see get destroyed. The effort that these athletes put in to do 12 hard rounds is unbelievable and quite usually super human.

I thought Bradley was a bit over rated before, but watching him and listening to him on 24/7 gives me a new found respect for him and all boxers. They dedicate their lives and risk their lives for our entertainment and I for one cannot respect all of them enough.

Agree with this completely.

Chris is that the 1st use of the red pen? Is it as empowering as Rowley says? Congrats on the promotion.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 04 Jun 2012, 7:38 am

... judicious usage of the red pen, but delicately handled. I see Chris becoming the joe cortez of the mods...Fair but firm!

Though obviously, chris isn't a muppet like joe cortez, and probably won't set up a website dedicated to how fair but firm he is.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 04 Jun 2012, 7:39 am

and he probably wont forget where he is, look away, be lenient this time and harsh that time. Excellent use of the word probably - nice cop out when the power goes to his head Laugh

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 04 Jun 2012, 7:53 am

my years of avoiding responsibility have been primarily based on expedient use of mays, mights, coulds and probablies.

on the subject of responsibilities (one i didnt avoid!)...you on the morning feed shift like me shah?

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 04 Jun 2012, 8:12 am

Yeh mate 7-6 - bank holiday counts as weekend with double pay.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 04 Jun 2012, 8:22 am

sounds like you have a good boss... all my overtime is unpaid and i'm regularly reminded how lucky i am to have the job!

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 04 Jun 2012, 8:36 am

LOL - Bar Steward. Injury claims direct - on your overtime my friend.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down