The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fiji v Samoa Auckland ...Prediction.

5 posters

Go down

Fiji v Samoa Auckland ...Prediction. Empty Fiji v Samoa Auckland ...Prediction.

Post by Cymroglan Mon 19 Sep 2011, 4:38 pm

Forget the score just predict how many yellow cards.
Anybody know who has the unenviable task of reffing this one ?

Stats for Samoa v Fiji

Games Played 47 Games won by Samoa 16 Games won by Fiji 28 Games Drawn 3

Last three results
09/7/2011 Fiji 36- Samoa 18
26/6/2010 Samoa 31 -Fiji 9
27/6/2010 Fiji 19- Samoa 14

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Fiji v Samoa Auckland ...Prediction. Empty Re: Fiji v Samoa Auckland ...Prediction.

Post by bedfordwelsh Mon 19 Sep 2011, 4:40 pm

Judging by current form I would say Samoa are looking the best bet for a win but I guess the rivalry will be huge in this game.

I am really looking forward to it and don't envy the ref at all.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Fiji v Samoa Auckland ...Prediction. Empty Re: Fiji v Samoa Auckland ...Prediction.

Post by disneychilly Mon 19 Sep 2011, 4:41 pm

2 broken limbs and seven concussions.

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Mon 19 Sep 2011, 4:45 pm

Samoa will walk it.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Mon 19 Sep 2011, 4:45 pm

On paper it look an exciting game, and seeing their war dances face off should be amazing.

However as a general rule the Islander games generally finish with one team 15-20 points ahead, and the team falling behind by more than 2 scores losing heart and submitting. So if one team races into the lead they will probably win well.

I can't see it being a thriller because both teams generally wear out after 60 minutes.
The big hits the Islanders love to do, don't generally happen in inter-island games because any player that does it, will be targeted by the other side for the rest of the game.

I love the Pacific Nations Cup but it is not the romantic all guns blazing, hakas, spears, fighting all over the place image you might think.
Skills are poor and tackling can be non-existent at times, island teams are generally to afraid of each other to do what we normally see them do against European teams.

I hope Samoa win, so Fiji have no reason to beat us, but I think Fiji will win. They normally beat Samoa, in the same way Wales normally beat Scotland, it's psycological, Fiji will expect to win.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down