The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who can stop Casey Stoner?

3 posters

Go down

Who can stop Casey Stoner? Empty Who can stop Casey Stoner?

Post by rapidringsroad Tue 20 Sep - 4:29

After watching the Moto GP from Aragon it seems very unlikely that Stoner will fail in his bid to become this year's champion.His ride was faultless and even though Lorenzo didn't put a wheel wrong there was no way he was going to catch the Repsol Honda Duo and if Dovizioso hadn't come to grief I think Honda could have had the first three spots.Good ride for Cruchlow getting past Rossi and Aoyama to finish nineth.Stoner has always done well In Japan and his home circuit Phillip Island so he should have a comfortable run to the end of the season.

rapidringsroad

Back to top Go down

Who can stop Casey Stoner? Empty Re: Who can stop Casey Stoner?

Post by Guest Tue 20 Sep - 10:31

Basically motogp has been like f1 this season which is a shame with a dominant driver/rider. Jorge was there for a period, however the honda has been superior just like the red bull. Lorenzo's performance on sunday looked like a beaten man, just hasnt had the bike or the consistancy to match Stoner. Hopefully Rossi can be competitive for next season and can be in the mix for next season to spice things up cos things have become slightly predictable and boring over recent races.

Back to top Go down

Post by Belgarion of Riva Tue 20 Sep - 10:47

In the last season of the 800s, Honda have finally made the perfect motorcycle. The only person who could have beaten Stoner this year was Pedrosa. (I say that but i'm not convinced Dani is nasty enough on the race track to be a motogp champion).

This year has been disappointing as i'm a motogp fanatic with the lack of competition but a lot of young riders are showing potential; namely Dovi, Simoncelli, Bautista and Spies.

Next year we go back to the 1000cc bikes, hopefully Rossi sorts the Decati out (he's already endorsed the back end, just the front now) and we get a truly competitive season. The bigger bikes will be challenging for the smaller guys especially those who've never ridden one in the past.

Stoner will win this season's championship except he's really unlucky.

Roll on next season

Belgarion of Riva

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Paul Sat 24 Sep - 18:56

I don't believe anyone will beat Stoner with the bikes so heavily laden with electronics, Honda have created probably the greatest motorcycle of all time in the 800. It's when things get out of shape that people like Rossi have the avantage.

However, I seriously doubt that Rossi is the rider he was even 5 years ago, and I have even bigger doubts of Ducati's ability to provide a winning bike for 2012, I expect that if he's relegated to midfield whilst Stoner lays waste to all before him, Rossi will bail out, leaving Lorenzo and Simoncelli the only real opposition.

Big Paul

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down