The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has Stoner blown it?

5 posters

Go down

Has Stoner blown it? Empty Has Stoner blown it?

Post by rapidringsroad Mon 09 Jul 2012, 10:44 pm

I wonder if Casey Stoner has blown his chance of going out as champion by his mistake in Germany? He could have stayed where he was and taken the lead in the title race but tried too hard and paid the price. With Lorenzo so steady and consitent and Pedrosa always trying hard it's going to be a big ask for Stoner.

rapidringsroad

Back to top Go down

Has Stoner blown it? Empty Re: Has Stoner blown it?

Post by Belgarion of Riva Tue 10 Jul 2012, 8:35 am

Stoner has a history of making stupid decisions and crashing even when in the lead.

You would think he would have learned his lesson by now. Still to early in the championship though. All it takes is for Jorge to crash and it's on again.

I personally would like to see Rossi on a competitive bike again. The Stoner and Lorenzo battle is so boring

Belgarion of Riva

Back to top Go down

Post by Trench Foot Mon 16 Jul 2012, 4:25 pm

I expect Rossi winning 9 world titles was just as tedious to some people...

To state that Stoner should have 'learned his lesson' is a rather ridiculous statement. Stoner isn't my favourite racer but his commitment and riding style mean that the bike is on the ragged edge all the time, even when he holds a comfortable lead.

If you think he's sub standard at all, may I draw your attention to Rossi's record on the bike - er, yeah, no contest.

Trench Foot

Back to top Go down

Post by Belgarion of Riva Mon 16 Jul 2012, 5:43 pm

Where have I said Stoner is sub standard? I said he makes stupid decisions. Jorge used to as well, he learned and has stopped. Rossi did as well early on in his career. What is wrong with highlighting this?

I really wonder why people are so quick to hurl abuse at people who criticise Stoner.

Rossi's 9 titles were not tedious by the way. They were fun to watch because he had race craft and made you enjoy his race wins, except you were a biaggi or gibernau fan. Even Rossi v Stoner and Rossi v Lorenzo were fascinating battles.

What is wrong with wanting exciting races? Rossi is struggling on the Ducati and Stoner did a great job riding it, what does that have to do with anything.

Rossi has won races and championships in all categories on different machines. Do you want to compare his achievements to Stoner's?

Er, yeah, no contest

Belgarion of Riva

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Mon 16 Jul 2012, 9:05 pm

I think Stoner has blown it. All to do with falling off last week of course, he just couldn't settle for 2nd. The title is between Pedrosa and Lorenzo, and I think Jorge will win it. Can't see Dani doing anything to stop him to be honest.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by SteveG Mon 16 Jul 2012, 11:29 pm

Can't believe that Rossi will not be replacing Stoner. Lorenzo needs some serious competition next year and Rossi would've supplied it. I know there's been history between Rossi/Honda but at the end of the day the sport needs big rivalries and big sponsors so business is business. That said I read that Ducati are getting fresh investors and have promised to make the bike more competitive. Lets hope so - Rossi needs to be back at the sharp end.

As for Stoner he just needs Lorenzo to have a bad race (although he may have had that bad race with Bautista). It will be difficult but hey this is motor sport so you just never know.

SteveG

Back to top Go down

Post by Trench Foot Tue 17 Jul 2012, 9:10 am

Belgarion of Riva wrote:Where have I said Stoner is sub standard? I said he makes stupid decisions. Jorge used to as well, he learned and has stopped. Rossi did as well early on in his career. What is wrong with highlighting this?

I really wonder why people are so quick to hurl abuse at people who criticise Stoner.

Rossi's 9 titles were not tedious by the way. They were fun to watch because he had race craft and made you enjoy his race wins, except you were a biaggi or gibernau fan. Even Rossi v Stoner and Rossi v Lorenzo were fascinating battles.

What is wrong with wanting exciting races? Rossi is struggling on the Ducati and Stoner did a great job riding it, what does that have to do with anything.

Rossi has won races and championships in all categories on different machines. Do you want to compare his achievements to Stoner's?

Er, yeah, no contest

Oohhhh, 'ark at 'er.

Trench Foot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down