The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season 2 - Set One

+9
Fisherunited
SuperPav9
pullthestrings
SirJohnnyEnglish
Trebs
Cor Blimey Guvnor
jimbohammers
Fernando
LukeLovesLuka
13 posters

Go down

Season 2 - Set One Empty Season 2 - Set One

Post by LukeLovesLuka Tue 20 Sep 2011, 1:59 pm

Set One

AC Milan - (InTheFastLane) - 7.9
https://www.606v2.com/t12930-ac-milan

Arsenal - (kamran) - 7.8
https://www.606v2.com/t13140-season-2-arsenal

Barcelona - (Fisherunited) - 8.3
https://www.606v2.com/t12955-barcelona

Bayern Munich - (onlytreblewinners) - 8.8
https://www.606v2.com/t12922-bayern-munich

Chelsea - (LukeLovesLuka) - 8.5
https://www.606v2.com/t12927-chelsea

Inter Milan - (SirJohnnyEnglish) - 8.0
https://www.606v2.com/t12990-inter-milan-set-1

Juventus - (fernando) - 7.6
https://www.606v2.com/t12925-juventus-set-1

Liverpool - (Tom) - 8.0
https://www.606v2.com/t13003-europa-season-2-l-pool-set-1#428061

Lyon - (SuperPav9) - 8.1
https://www.606v2.com/t12947-lyon

Manchester City - (Cor Blimey Guvnor) - 8.4
https://www.606v2.com/t12944-european-league-season-2-set-1-manchester-city

Manchester Utd - (jimbohammers) - 8.2
https://www.606v2.com/t12988-man-utd-fc

Real Madrid - (followfollow1972) - 8.9
https://www.606v2.com/t12986-real-madrid

Roma - (pullthestrings) - 9.0
https://www.606v2.com/t12983-as-roma-european-league

Tottenham - N/A

You must give each squad a mark out of 10 on how much you think it has improved since the starting squad. Take into consideration - First XI, formation used and whether the players suit that formation, strength of bench, position cover and squad players. If you think that there aren't enough sqaud players for a typical season or not enough cover in a certain position, then mark them down for that.

When giving your score you must give a description of how you came to it. This doesn't have to be very long, just a brief outline of where you think the manager could have done better for example.

Last edited by LukeLovesLuka on Fri 30 Sep 2011, 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Season 2 - Set One Empty Re: Season 2 - Set One

Post by Fernando Tue 20 Sep 2011, 2:35 pm

ac milan - 8.5 very impressed by the side very strong all round

Arsenal - 8 very good side but the defence is lacking

Barcelona - 9.5 you dont get much better sides then that but needs a better bench

Bayern - 8 not a solid defence and playing adriano out of position but the rest of the side is very solid

Chelsea - 9 very good 1st team prbs need a better cb then mertesacker not such a great bench

Inter Milan - 8.5 very good defence but parker + marin let you down

Juventus - n/a

Liverpool - 8 wingers + cb let the side down but the rest of the side is very good

Lyon - 8 its a very solid side but good on the whole

Man City - 9 very good side from back to front but dont really rate de gea solid bench aswell

Man Utd - 8.5 very good 1st xi not sure about valencia and the bench isn't that great

Real Madrid - 9.5 on par with the barcelona team very high quality but lack a decent bench aswell.

Roma - 8 - very good defence but simao + meireles let you down along with a weak bench

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Tue 20 Sep 2011, 3:37 pm

AC Milan - 8 - Improved side, very attacking and need a bit of steel in DM. Not sure with Bale at left back, but good effort.

----------

Arsenal - 7.5 - Defence is a little weak but Kaka is a good addition in midfield. Are Bastos and Navas good enough? Im not sure.

-----------

Bayern - 9 - Top work from OTW here. Only weak point is Adriano at right back. Love the midfield 3.

-------------

Chelsea - 8.5 - Eto'o and Torres would relish playing with Mata and Silva. There would be plenty of goals with this team. If Mertesacker was improved it would be a 9.

---------------

Inter - 7.5 - Rooney, Anelka and Young are good additions. Could of been better though. Not a bad effort.

----------------

Juventus - 7.5 - Fernando faced a tough task with juventus squad being pretty weak but he has brough in some good players. But did a poor deal with OTW late on, his score would of been higher.

-----------------

Lyon - 8 - Good effort by pav. I like the Moutinho/Toulalan midfield. I would of personally started Nesta and would look stronger.

------------------

Man City - 7.5 - Has the team really been improved? Im not sure. The defence looks stronger and i like Ivanovic and Carvalho but the midfield for me has been weakened, as has Ibra, who i think Tevez + Aguero are both better than him. To be fair to guv he has tried to mix it up.

------------------

Real Madrid - 8.5 - Start with a strong squad but this team is brilliant. Would of been a higher mark if bench was better.

------------------

Roma - 9 - Pull has done a great job here, love the starting XI. From what he started with this is a brilliant transformation.

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by Cor Blimey Guvnor Tue 20 Sep 2011, 3:40 pm

AC Milan - 7.5

The defensive midfield positions could be a lot stronger, indeed I feel Milan's current players are preferable. Bale is no longer a LB imo and although he can undoubtedly still play there, it is not the best use of his ability in a back 4. Tevez and Suarez are good signings but prefer Robinho to Cazorla. Bench is OK but nothing special.

Arsenal - 7.5

Arsenal may be a real challenge this season after their high profile departures. Kamran worked hard to improve his starting XI. Defensively it remains questionable with neither fullback rated in the top category and Richards a downgrade on Sagna. Kaka is the star player and has to be considered an improvement on Arteta but further improvements could have been made else I feel. It is likely that Arsenal need a higher budget this time around but it'll be the same problem for all managers.

Barcelona - 8.0

I got slated at the end of Season 1 for not making enough changes to Barca. Fisher has made fewer so I will be interested to see what happens here. Personally I feel Rio is passed his prime now and has to be seen as a step down from Puyol. Vidic remains excellent and is a good signing. Cole solves the LB conundrum that is ever present at Barca. Elsewhere only Ribery has come in and I prefer Pedro these days. The bench is fine but again not much change.

Bayern Munich - 9.0

I like this side in comparison to the original. The defence is much stronger, Adriano is two footed and can play either side so although not a top signing, he will do OK at RB. Big drop from Lahm but Marcelo makes up for that the other side. The only possible issue is perhaps too attacking in central midfield but Yaya and Alonso can both put the foot in so that is fine as well. Good wide men and striker. Bench looks good as well.

Chelsea - 9.0

Usual quality stuff from Luke. Excellent signings and strength throughout the team. Mertesacker is the weakest player but certainly not a weakness. The only thing prevently a higher mark is the bench which is a little light for me.

Inter Milan - 8.0

The spine of this team is excellent with the signing of Rooney a very good one. The wider players and the bench are not up to the same quality but the loss of Eto'o is a large one to fill. The defence is solid although some may prefer Maicon to Rafael. Cambiasso has been kept which is a plus but Parker is not quite the same quality alongside despite being a decent player. The bench has some interesting additions but Pastore is a good signing.

Juventus - 7.5

Juve are always hard since they have very few rated players to begin with. The loss of Melo has added to that position. I actually feel that Fernando did not do himself any favours with his late deal yesterday. I think Marchena, Podolski and Melo were all better players than he signed. However, he did this to pick up Adebayor who does improve his front line. Tough job for all ahead.

Liverpool - 8.0

Tom was very busy in the transfer market trying to improve a generally weak looking Liverpool starting squad. The midfield trio are excellent and make this side. Dzeko has shown what he can do this seaon irl and is a good addition to lead the line. Goetze and Neymar should become top players but are a gamble on here. Likewise the two CBs who are both good performers but not everyone will see them as the best options available. Liverpool are another tough job and Tom has done a good job overall.

Lyon - 8.5

Considering what he started with, Pav has done really well here getting decent players in all positions and a surprisingly solid bench. None of the players remain top drawer these days but in Totti, Fabiano and Ronaldinho there is a lot of quality and the two central midfield players are very good addition. Good job.

Man City - my side

Man Utd - 9.0

My next challenge and I could do a lot worse than what Jimbo has achieved here. Lots of dealings as normal from him and he has done very well. The late addition of Ozil is the cherry on the cake in some ways since his presence lends more to the team than the departing Evra who is adequately replaced by Abidal. Good wide men and the tried and trusted front two. Good stuff.

Real Madrid - 9.0

The midfield trio are top class. Ronaldo remains and Robben added. Higuain leads the line. All top quality players as you expect at Real. Both fullbacks are also what you'd expect. The CBs could be improved upon perhaps and the bench is weaker than the original as follow used those players to strengthen the first XI. This prevents a slightly higher mark but it is a good job done.

Roma - 9.5

This, for me, is the best job of the set. Lovely balance to the side and good players throughout. Considering what pull started with, this is tremendous stuff. Top class foreigns made the team and are essential at the weaker sides. Pull did well and used his signings well to improve throughout.

Tottenham Hotspur - N/A

Cor Blimey Guvnor

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Tue 20 Sep 2011, 3:52 pm

Sorry forgot Liverpool:

7.5 - Defence looks pretty weak and hasnt been improved. I like the signings of Nasri and Dzeko though.

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Tue 20 Sep 2011, 3:53 pm

AC Milan - 7
It's not a bad attempt but Bale shouldn't be playing left back and Van Der Weil I don't rate particularly highly. Senna for me is past it, and for me too much of the squad depth is the same as the original.

Arsenal - 8
Not sure about Zhirkov, I'd have preferred Santon to start, and it would have been nice to see more fresh faces in the squad. However, the forwards are great and the goalkeeper has improved.

Barcelona - 8.5
I don't rate Ribery, he's a decent winger but I think you should be aiming higher. The rest of the side is quality, prefer the United centre backs to the Barca ones and Cole/Casillas improve the side. The bench is alright, not spectacular.

Chelsea - 8
Mertesacker and Terry together I don't think would work very well, and Gerrard/Mascherano I'm not too keen on together. However I think the rest of the side is brilliant. The bench is good, and there's good cover throughout most of the side.

Inter Milan - 8.5
Samuel is a weakness at the back, I also don't like Clichy at all. The rest of the defense is good though, and keeping Cambiasso and bringing in Rooney is what stands out. Marin is a good winger and it's refreshing to see him and Parker starting in a good side. I think the bench is excellent.

Juventus - 7.5
The squad is huge and some of the players should have been released/replaced as there's so much of the original squad. With the first team the defense is solid, not excellent but would do a job. I like Vucinic and Lampard stands out.

Liverpool - 8
Subotic and Hummels have had a great season and I like them together. The midfield is good with a good balance between attack and defense. Neymar and Gotze are interesting choices on the wings but I rate the pair of them, and Dzeko looks to be recapturing his old form. Solid job.

Lyon - 7
This looks like a tricky job and Pav hasn't done a bad job from the looks of things. I think the two centre backs are past their best, and for me I wouldn't want Ronaldinho/Totti/Fabiano. Toulalan and Moutinho are good players though and I like Cissokho/Vargas down the left wing. There's loads of players from the original Lyon side in the squad, a mix up would have been nice.

Man City - 8
I don't like the midfield trio, but the rest of the side is excellent. I think with Sneijder and Vaart, De Jong would have too much to do, I think if one of them was replaced with a box to box player it would have been better. Like the bench and the defense has improved nicely.

Man United - 8
Overall for me the back five is worse than what it is IRL. Ozil adds creativity to midfield but for me next to Fletcher there should be a DM or a box to box player otherwise it's too attacking. I think Ozil on the right and Carrick starting at CM could have been better. Aguero and Forlan is a quality pairing upfront. A decent job.

Real Madrid - 8.5
The back five is superb, and in midfield it is possibly the best you can get outside of Xaviesta. The wingers are the best in the game (excluding Messi obviously) and Higuain is a great striker. Difficult to pick on one weakness in the side. There's some good backup too.

Roma - 8
A good job here, Coentrao and Bosingwa would be great getting down the wings, I think the midfield is good and that in Drogba they have a great frontman. Gourcuff and Arshavin haven't been in great form IRL for a while but it's a good job here. Decent backup too.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Tue 20 Sep 2011, 4:46 pm

AC Milan - 7.5
Bale at leftback doesnt work for me. Not overly sure on Senna in midfield either. Past his best days now. Tevez and Suarez a nice addition up top though

Arsenal - 8.5
Prefer Sagna to Richards but good additions elsewhere. Wingers and Kaka are a big improvement on what Aresenal have now a days and this is a decent effort from Kam

Barcelona - 8.0
Vidic and Cole are decent improvements in the back as is Casillas in goal. Rio similar level to Puyol/Pique these days for me. Ribery a good winger but not an improvement on Pedro.

Bayern Munich - 8.5
Adriano a bit of a weakness at the back for Bayern. Liking the looks of that midfield though. Great options coming forward and both Yaya and Alonso are more then solid defensivly. Di Maria and Benzema good additions in the attacking third and strong bench on show

Chelsea - 8.0
Not overly sure on Terry and Mertsecker as a combo in the backs. Susceptible to a bit of pace. Silva a great signing but not alot of difference in Eto and Drogba for me.

Inter Milan - N/A

Juventus - 8
Decent looking front 3 from Fernando and Lampard is a good signing. Defence is solid if unspectacular shame Chilleni couldnt be held onto. Losing Melo at the end has weakened the midfield though

Liverpool - 9.0
Big improvements in the backs and midfield for me. Tom has been a busy man by the looks of it. Dzeko an improvement on Carroll as well. Liking the the two youngsters on the wings as well but no real improvement here with Suarez a loss.

Lyon - 8.5
Very solid effort from Pav. No top drawer players brought in really but some very good solid options and decent overall improvement on the Lyon side.

Man City - 8.0
Dont see Ibra as an improvement up front. But some great attacking intent from Sneijder, VDV, Nani and Pedro. If anything this side is a bit too much attacking. De Jong will have to do a lot of work which is a little mark down.

Man Utd - 8.0
Think the original United back 5 was stronger here. Same story on the wings as well. Though Ozil is a nice addition in midfield and its decent combo up front.

Real Madrid - 9.0
Some big improvements in the backline with Chilleni and Lahm in. Midfield 3 and Robben on the wing as well are big improvements on the original side as well. Very good job done here.

Roma - 9.5
Great job done here by Pull. Attacking down the wings with Coentrao and Bosingwa from fullback would work a treat. De rossi in midfield is a loss but good balance to that midfield 3 and Drogba is a big improvemnt up front on the original side. Good bench as well!

Tottenham Hotspur - N/A

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by pullthestrings Tue 20 Sep 2011, 5:41 pm

Thanks guys Hug

pullthestrings

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperPav9 Tue 20 Sep 2011, 6:13 pm

AC Milan - 8
Don't agree with Bale at LB, he's a left winger all day long. Probably would have put Van Bommel in the midfield. Attack is good. Bench is good too.

Arsenal - 7.5
Defence is a bit weak for me. Also think, although decent players, Wilshere and Song could have been improved upon. Kaka was a good addition to the side. Bench is decent.

Barcelona - 8.5
Good additions made to the team where needed. Decent bench to boot.

Bayern Munich - 9
Excellent personnel in the side with a good bench. Mark would have been higher if Adriano had been improved upon. Good team.

Chelsea - 8.5
Excellent team. Not sure Sagna and Mertesacker are any better than what was already there but nevertheless a strong team overall.

Inter Milan - 8.5
Rooney is an excellent capture. Solid team overall. Parker and Marin let the side down a little. Although good players, not in the same bracket as the rest of the team.

Juventus - 7.5
Solid team overall. Nothing really outstanding. Would have swapped the wingers around personally.

Liverpool - 8
Good effort at Liverpool. Picked some lesser known players that have had good seasons in real life. Excellent midfield trio with Neuer and Dzeko also good additions.

Man City - 9
Good stuff from Guv. Strong team throughout with an excellent bench. Bit of a catch 22 though however I think. Perhaps using the bench to further improve the starting XI could have been an option or keeping it as it is. Nevertheless, a very good effort.

Man Utd - 8.5
Good effort from Jimbo. Not sure the midfield combo would work. Excellent back 4. Good bench.

Real Madrid - 9
Excellent additions added to the side. Reina and Pepe are probably the slight weak links which is saying something really. Overall an excellent first team with a decent bench.

Roma - 9.5
Well played by Pull. Excellent strength to first team with a good bench. Best improvement of the week by far.

SuperPav9

Back to top Go down

Post by Fisherunited Tue 20 Sep 2011, 6:29 pm

AC Milan 8

A strong side perhaps a little unblanced. Good overall squad strength. Suarez and Tevez is a very good strikeforce. Defence is decent although i feel Bale is being wasted as a LB. A decent first effort but nothing special.

Arsenal 8.5

Well balanced side, good squad depth. Individually, decent going forward with top signings in Kaka and Navas. No change in DM and defence needed more work for a top score.

Bayern Munich 9

A superb team. Has strengthened allround here really, made them solid at the back. Midfield is superb, brilliant signing in Alonso and he hasnt made wings much weaker really. A very good bench there too.

Chelsea 8

Not bad at all but there are debatable areas whehter they are improved or not. For me, the defence is marginally weaker than the starting defence but subs are still strong there. Is Mascherano better than Essien? I don't think so. Silva is a brilliant signing and the front 4 would frighten any defence to be honest. Gerrard is a good signing too. Overall a decent bench but not spectacular.

Inter Milan 7.5

A good first effort here from a new manager who doesnt know the ratings of players in the league too much. Clichy a smart signing in left back but failed to improve on Samuel and lost Maicon for Rafael. Sneijder has gone and hasnt really been replaced. Strikeforce is excellent though and Young is a good signing. Marin and Parker are questionable signings on this league, not sure if they are rated enough, although were probably better than what he had at the start. I like the subs there.

Fisherunited

Back to top Go down

Post by Fisherunited Tue 20 Sep 2011, 6:43 pm

Accidently pressed send...

Juventus 8

A difficult job and has done fairly well here. Vucinic on the right is a weak point. The attack in general is quite strong though and overall massive improvement from the start. Bench is poor to stop higher rating

Liverpool 8.5

I really like this team. Midfield is incredibly creative and Dzeko would love playing in this side and would score alot. Defence is questionable perhaps but Hummells is a quality player IMO. Strong side this, and a good start for Tom.

Lyon 8

A strong start for Pav here. Difficult team to be. Bit of an old side here, defensively would struggle probably but there is goals in attack. Huntelaar is a good bench option. Not the best team in the world by far, but considering it is Lyon, i think this team is pretty decent.

Manchester City 8.5

I really like this time. The midfield trio works and would create alot and although Silva has gone, Pedro and Nani will score and create many chances. Defensively strong enough too with Kompany staying from the original.

Man Utd 8.5

A really good team much changed from original. Great back 4, so strong. Ozil is perhaps a bit deep but still good signing. Like the attack alot here, as strong as Uniteds at the start probably. A quality benchg too.

Real Madrid 8

Hard to judge the really op sides because theyre so good already, but it has defintiwely been improved. Robben is a great signing. The midfield is strong protecting the back 4 in particular. Sme decent bench options and overall good side.

Roma 9.5

Stunning start from Pull here. Roma are weak having lost some players but Pull has made them a great side. Defence is surprisngly strong and in attack Drogba is a great focal point. Gourcuff and Arshavin are decent signings and Lass can replace De Rossi. Meireles is an under rated player for me. Simao not at the top of his game, but still good. A much improved side.

Fisherunited

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Tue 20 Sep 2011, 10:45 pm

Ac Milan - 7.5
Good job, the front 4 are top notch, but the DM's, and Bale playing in his unpreffered LB role let the side down a bit.

Arsenal - 7
If anything, the defence is weaker. Jam has done a good job to improe his bench and midfield though.

Barca - 7
Not too much changed here, but then how can you improve upon perfection? I like the addition of Vidic, Cole and Casillas, but I'm not too sure about Ribery and Ferdinand. Both are quality on their day, but maybe a tad inconsistent.

Bayern - 8
Good improvement here. OTW used Robben and Ribery to improve all round. Not too sure about Adriano, but other than that, a good job.

Chelsea - 8
Luka, having acquired Özil, realised that he wouldn't fit into his formation, did well to use him to improve on Drogba, a player on the down. Not too sure about Mertesacker (I've never rated him) but he has done some very good business.

Inter - 7.5
Pretty solid job. Nothing spectacular, but he's got some good, underrated players.

Juve - 8
Good job from Fernando, he's taken a poor Juve side and made it decent. Juve look to be quite tough, but he's done quite well.

Lyon - 8
Lyon are another tough team, and Pav has done very well with them.

City - 8
Guv has done some great deals to secure the likes of Sneidjer. Very good job.

Utd - 7
Jimbo has done a great job here, solid defence, attack, and most of the midfield. Marked down because Özil is being played in defensive midfield, far from his forte.

Madrid - 9
Follow has put together a side that isn't far off most people's world XI. I had doubts about the strength of his bench but he's bought well to fill those gaps.

Roma - 9
Another very tricky team. Did very well to acquire the likes of Drogba, Arshavin and Coentrao. No obvious weak points. Solid all round.

Tom

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Wed 21 Sep 2011, 1:03 pm

AC Milan - 9

Some excellent signings made by AC here, and done well to keep hold of the likes of Pato, Silva and Mexes. Amazing attacking lineup. The defence is strong, and I like Bale at LB so no problems there for me. Weakest area is CM, with Senna past it IMO, but Banega is a top player. Decent bench options too. Job well done.

===

Arsenal - 7

For me Arsenal have failed to address CM problems. Song and Wilshere are both decent players, but real life has proved they need somewhere better in there. I think the defence is weaker overall - Zhirkov is not the best, and is better in mifield, and Richards is a downgrade on Sagna. Going forward they do look dangerous though, and will score goals. Decent bench options.

===

Barcelona - 8.5

Improved the defence and GK well. Cole is anice addition, and to get a higher rated CB pairing than Puyol/Pique is impressive. Is Ribery better than Pedro? Maybe just, but feel like Barce should have looked a bit higher. Some nice bench options, but not a WC player you may expect. Solid effort.

===

Bayern Munich - 9.5 clap

Bayern have improved drastically. Some don't rate the old Valencia duo, but they are significantly better than the origianl for me, and Marcelo is a top replacement for Lahm. Not sure about Adriano at RB, Johnson may have been a better bet. That midfield makes my mouth water, and credit has to go for that. Top bench too with some great options.

===

Inter Milan - 8

I like the back four, although an effort sdhould have been made to improve on Samuel for me. Cambiasso and Parker would compliemt each other nicely, especially with Rooney dropping deep. dangerous wingers, although I wouldn't have them in the WC category, and although Anleka is hit and miss, I have always rated him. Some nice bench options. Solid effort from SJE in his first side.

===

Juventus - 7.5

I am not Luisao or Kolarov's biggest fan, but Godin and Srna are decent. I think the DM combo would work well, with Lampard too, maybe a question mark over pace in the middle. Vucinic is no RW for me, a striker or maybe on the left. Krasic has talent, but have never been blown away. Adebayor would work well here though. A good effort in a tough job, but just lacking qaulity i'm afraid.

===

Liverpool - 8

A massive change from the original, which, to be fair, was essential. The CB duo are a nice pairing, but I wouldn't have them as world beaters. Enrique looks a player, and Rafinha is playing well. Lovely midfield trio up there with the best in the league. Dangerous front three with pace and power. Not sure about the bench. Great effort made here, and overall a job well done.

===

Lyon - 7.5

Very decent effort here, with some good players all over the park. Defence is abit suspect, but Toulalan should shield the back four well. The partnership in midfield is anice one. Would have liked to have seen Ronny in the SS role where he has been doing so well in Brazil. The old timers up top should get the goals needed. Some options on the bench but nothing crazy. Decent overall in a tough job.

===

Manchester City - 8.5

The defence is abig improvement for me, and it compliments the midfield in the sense all 4 are 'proper defenders'. The midfield combo is just that, with a nice theme, but for me both VdV and Sneijder are better off the front man as opposed to CM's. Nice natural width and good target man. Difficult to jusdge whether the front 6 is better or not. Maybe not, but I like it. Best bench so far.

===

Manchester Utd - 8

Solid defence, although arguably slightly worse than the original, still top notch. I see issues with the CM pairing, with Ozil not a CM at all in my book. Nice width and goods combo up top. Bench is very strong. CM let's the side down for me, score could have been a lot higher.

===

Real Madrid - 9

Defence is slightly better than the original, worse GK though, but not enough to matter. The midfield three is outstanding, and gives the attacking three license to do as they please. The attacking three look so, so dangerous. The bench for me isn't the best, especiually given what the original was. Great side though, nicely done.

===

Roma - 9.5 clap

Excellent back four that is a massive improvement on the original (Mexes departure really hurts Roma). Nice CM trio that has a bit of everyhting, would have been tempted to play Miereles a little further forward with Diarra sitting. Nice width, although not great form, and top target man. Fairly decent bench considering. Top job front top to bottom.

Last edited by LukeLovesLuka on Wed 21 Sep 2011, 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by followfollow1972 Wed 21 Sep 2011, 1:26 pm

AC Milan - 8

A decent job done here, the team is strong throughout and I don't really see a weakness, however don't like seeing Bale at LB. Bench is very strong.

Arsenal - 8

Arsenal will be a tough job for anyone this year so this is a job well done by Kam. The team is strong throughout and is built around an excellent attacking midfield 3.

Barcelona - 8

Again another tough job this season as the original Barca team is just so good. However, the defence has been improved upon although I feel both original Barca CB's are stronger than Rio, maybe should have played Berbatov CB instead? Wink In all seriousness a great job done.

Bayern Munich - 9

A great job done here, the midfield is very strong and the front 3 would work very well together also. A strong Spanish/La Liga mix throughout the side and a good bench aswell.

Chelsea - 8.5

Another great job done, I love the combinations in central midfield and on the wing and what would probably be a narrow midfield would work very well together. Team is strong all over as is the bench.

Inter Milan - 7.5

A very good effort here from SJE as the first set for a new manager will always be the hardest one. Rooney and Anelka is a great combo up top and the team doesn't contain any real weaknesses although I would like to see Samuel and Parker improved on.

Juventus - 7.5

Juventus are another side that will be difficult to manage this season but fernando has done a solid job. I like the midfield although I would have preferred to see Elia played rather than Vucinic. Buffon has been kept hold of and the defence is solid without being brilliant.

Liverpool - 8

A solid job done here, the team has been changed completely which was essential. The midfield is class and the Dortmund pairing at CB is very solid, however would like to see Enrique improved on aswell but overall a top job.

Lyon - 8.5

First team we have seen Lyon in the league and Pav has transformed the side completely. The loss of main man Gourcuff isn't noticed at all and the team is strong throughout.

Man City - 8

City have become one of the better sides in the league over the summer meaning the job of managing them becomes that little bit harder. Guv has done very well here, the Dutch combo in centre midfield is quality as are the front 3. The defence is solid without being outstanding.

Man United - 8

A solid job done here by Jimbo, Aguero and Forlan re-united up front and Puyol and Pique at the back makes the team look very strong. Would have like to see Ozil replaced with a natural DM as I don't see Fletcher as a DM either. Bench is very strong aswell.

Roma - 9

A top job done here by Pull, the team has been strengthened all over and is built around Drogba up top. Maybe only looking at Arshavin as a weakness really which shows the job that has been done.

followfollow1972

Back to top Go down

Post by pullthestrings Wed 21 Sep 2011, 5:04 pm

AC Milan - (InTheFastLane) - 8

Glimmers of excellance but a few areas let the side down. I would have preferred Bale in a more advanced role, and a bit more creativity in central mid. Good effort in keeping the stars though.

Arsenal - (kamran) - 7.5

I like this side, but I think the full backs and centre mid combination let it down a little. Perhaps my expectations of Arsenal are too high, but I think they should be packed with quality.

Barcelona - (Fisherunited) - 8

Good effort, but once again - SNORE! Take some risks! Personally prefer Pique/Puyol to Rio/Vidic but I can see how that will be seen as an improvement. Ribery better than Pedro..? Not sure.

Bayern Munich - (onlytreblewinners) - 9

Top work. No 'out and out' DM but I'm OK with that - all three complement eachother well and will be prepared to get stuck in where neccesary. The right side of the line up let's the side down a bit. Good bench.

Chelsea - (LukeLovesLuka) - 9

Great work here. Nice balance to the side and Masch and Gerrard complement eachother well. Top bench.

Inter Milan - (SirJohnnyEnglish) - 8.5

Juventus - (fernando) - 8

Liverpool - (Tom) - 8

Lyon - (SuperPav9) - 8.5

Manchester City - (Cor Blimey Guvnor) - 9

Manchester Utd - (jimbohammers) - 8.5

Real Madrid - (followfollow1972) - 9

I will edit these to include descriptions later

pullthestrings

Back to top Go down

Post by kamran Thu 22 Sep 2011, 3:14 pm

AC Milan - 8

Good additions throughout the side with Tevez, Suarez and Carzola. Even though Bale can play LB, I would rate him more in a offenesive role. Banega is a good signing and stabilises that midfield with Senna. The bench is decent too.

------

Barcelona - 8.5

I can see Fisher kept his most of his top players and would probably do the same but maybe could have improved on Busquets. Ribery is a good player but better than Pedro...not sure to be honest. Vidic, Cole are good improvements. The bench is weaker than the originals especially with Masch and Fab on the bench. Berbatov is a good addition but maybe could have got a higher quality player.

------

Bayern Munich - 8.5

Good effort by OTW. Some great additions with the likes of Benzema, Yaya and Di Maria. However, not sure about Adriano at RB and maybe this team is missing a playmaker who feeds Benzema, Di Maria and Mueller. Marchena and Albiol are a decent pairing but not world class IMO for a team like Bayern. Strong bench apart from Hilario.

-----

Chelsea - 8.5

Some great additions but Mertesacker stands out like as not sure if he is any better than Alex/Ivanovic/Luiz. Silva, Eto and Evra are top additions though. The bench is decent too.

-----

Inter Milan - 8.5

Even though Sneijder and Maicon are missing, they still have Cambiasso and Lucio from the originals and have added quality like Rooney, Young, and Anelka. Parker not too sure about but could be a good squad player. The defence may have been slightly weakened with Maicon and Chivu departing but Clichy and Rafael are decent replacements. The bench is ok too.

------

Juventus - 7.5

Looks like Juve will be hard to manage this season. Not much quality to start with hard to find a few top players let alone a team full of them. However, Lampard, Srna and Ade are good signings. Not sure about Luisao and the bench is lacking quality. Decent effort from Fernando.

-------

Liverpool - 7.5

A very much changed side for sure and some great additions but the defence has not greatly improved with Hummels and Enrique for me. Subotic is a good defender and rate him. This formation is very attacking and not much cover for the defence as none of the midfielders are players that track back and help the defence. Preferred if Nasri and Modric were further up as they are more effective. Good promosing youngsters in Goetze and Neymar but the jury is out with their ratings on here. The bench doesnt have many matchwinners but are not too shabby either.

-----

Lyon - 8

The old timers team Season 2 - Set One 810156456

Strangely, I like it and think it would do quite well. Experienced defence even though not world class and Toulalan is good DM to help them. Vargas and Ronaldinho on the wings look good and Totti behind Fabiano would work as Fabiano plays on the shoulder. I like it. I would have started Nesta for sure ahead of Milito. Huntelaar on the bench too. This team lacks world class players but has the balance and players in their best positions to do their job and well.

-----

Man City - 9

I like this team alot. The dutch combo in CM as well as wingers that can operate on both flanks and Ibra who is a goalscorer works for me. Strong defence and fulll backs and overall a top team. Attacking options are very good but defensively, not so much.

-----

Man Utd - 8

The defence is roughly the same as Maicon is improved but Abidal is not much an improvement. Puyol/Pique + Rio/Vidic roughtly the same. Ozil playing in the deeper role is wasted for me and Fletcher could have been improved. Robinho better than Nani...I think not. Aguero is a good addition but at the expense of Rooney. The bench is solid apart from the the keeper. This team is very good but the DM is confusing and Ozil is wasted there.

----

Real Madrid - 8.5

No doubt the first team has improved apart from Reina/Casillas but the dissapoint for me is that to get them top players, follow must have used top players like Kaka, Benzema, and Lass who were bench players. The bench is ok but considering the quality of players he had to start with, he sacrified alot to get the first team players.

----

Roma - 9

Good team and probably the most impressive considering what Pull had to start with. Never been a Gourcuff fan but the other players like Drogba, Contreao, Bosingwa are very much improved. Very good balance and very good quality overall.

kamran

Back to top Go down

Post by CJB Thu 22 Sep 2011, 8:34 pm

Arsenal 8
Barcelona 8.5
Bayern 9
Chelsea 9
Inter 7.5
Juventus 7
Liverpool 7.5
Lyon 8.5