The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mick McCarthy keen to sign James McFadden

+2
Don Corleone187
Crimey
6 posters

Go down

Mick McCarthy keen to sign James McFadden Empty Mick McCarthy keen to sign James McFadden

Post by Crimey Fri 23 Sep 2011, 6:46 am

Wolves boss Mick McCarthy is keen to sign James McFadden after the striker's successful trial at Molineux. The former Birmingham forward missed most of last season after suffering cruciate ligament damage in September. He then left the relegated Premier League side after a two-year option on his contract was not taken up by City.

McCarthy said: "I hope there are some developments with James. He has looked fine. I want to sign him but I don't know how far we are down that road."

Meanwhile, Wolves captain Roger Johnson, who played with McFadden at Birmingham, is set to return for Saturday's trip to Liverpool. He injured his calf during last weekend's 3-0 home defeat by QPR and missed the 5-0 thrashing of Millwall in the Carling Cup in midweek. But McCarthy said: "He will be alright for Saturday."

source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15026220.stm

I'm quite surprised no other side has snapped him up on a free, particuarly Everton where he has played before and they are obviously in desperate need of some more strikers.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Mick McCarthy keen to sign James McFadden Empty Re: Mick McCarthy keen to sign James McFadden

Post by Don Corleone187 Fri 23 Sep 2011, 9:53 am

wolves can do much better than mcfadden as imho he is a championship player at best. Everton have got anichibe, vellios, stratqualursi and tim cahill who can play up front but they made a huge mistake letting yakubu leave.
Don Corleone187
Don Corleone187

Back to top Go down

Mick McCarthy keen to sign James McFadden Empty Re: Mick McCarthy keen to sign James McFadden

Post by marty2086 Fri 23 Sep 2011, 12:31 pm

Hes lost his way since that goal against France, even Celtic and Rangers didnt take a look at him but he could do well at Wolves its just where they play him they have Fletcher and Doyle up top Hunt and Jarvis on the left so centre midfield wide right?

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Fri 23 Sep 2011, 12:40 pm

Good player and would be a decent signing for Wolves if they can keep him fit, he's better than a Championship player, he belongs in the lower half of the Prem he's just to inconsistent to be any higher.

He might have helped at Everton despite them looking at higher league positions due to their financial constraints. I'll reserve judgement on if letting the Yak go was a good move or not, one good match does not convince me he's back to his best (Championship aside). He's hasn't done anything at Everton in 3 seasons before that Leicester stint and while his record prior to that was top notch, his injuries, weight and non scoring didn't suggest he was a asset worth keeping on most likely big wages.

Anyway think McFadden to Wolves would be a good move for all parties.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Fri 23 Sep 2011, 12:44 pm

marty2086 wrote:Hes lost his way since that goal against France, even Celtic and Rangers didnt take a look at him but he could do well at Wolves its just where they play him they have Fletcher and Doyle up top Hunt and Jarvis on the left so centre midfield wide right?

If he plays it will most likely be to support either Doyle/Fletcher in the hole just behind them, its a role I wouldn't have minded seeing him play for Scotland sadly we always make sure our best strikers fall out with the SFA and only play one up front so that ain't ever gonna happen. He won't get a game out on the left due to the players you mentioned but is good cover even if he isn't at his most effect out there.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Fri 23 Sep 2011, 7:27 pm

Wolves are flying high so far this season, signing McFadden should kick them on in the title race. I make them marginal league favourites over United and City now.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Fri 23 Sep 2011, 7:30 pm

If he stays fit then he would be a good signing. He will offer them something I dont think they have already and is a different type of player to their 2 main forwards.

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down