The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The start to the season

2 posters

Go down

The start to the season Empty The start to the season

Post by davidl1061 Fri 23 Sep - 16:17

Now the season is a few games old I thought I would get everyones feelings about how their team is doing.

As a Bury fan we started off much better than expected with a draw witrh Huddersfield and a win against Sheffield Wednesday. The problem we now have is that after losing Ryan Lowe and Damien Mozika we look to be lacking confidence and also a little ability. I am quite happy with the position we are in as we have played a lot of the top sides and I hope we try to keep playing football. Its just annoying when you see individual errors cost your team 8 goals in 2 games!!
If we finish 20th at the end of the season I would say its a job well done and build for the year after.

What are your thoughts on your own team?

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

The start to the season Empty Re: The start to the season

Post by davidl1061 Wed 5 Oct - 15:39

Well after the last 2 games with a draw at home to MK Dons and a win away at Yeovil it looks as though we may have found a little form. I have no doubt that obne of the main reasons is that the loan players we have are not only settled but also starting to get fit aswell. Will still be happy to avoid relegation though.

What are your thoughts on your own team?

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by hornbloweroafc Thu 6 Oct - 10:44

As an Oldham fan, I think we have had a decent start to the season considering the budget (no money) Dickov as had. Also the off field goings on last seaon and the summer has not helped the club/players either. 3 stands, players not being paid for two months, 3000 hardcore fans and dropping, being knocked back for a new stadium in Failsworth (which was 50/50 with the fans anyway) and a useless council which didnt give a f**k about the proffesional teams in Oldham (rugby and football). Things are slighty better at the moment with a grant to build a new main stand (depending on investors) and a new council (Labour now charge) looking at helping the club.

Home form as been poor but not surprising with our 'fans'. Dwindling crowds and the 'boo boys', I don't think help the team but must admit Dickov as got tactics wrong a couple of times (Brentford at home in particular) but he is a young man learning all the time.

Away from home we have been really good (some good results) and the fans have been excellent.

The signing of Kuqi was brilliant by Dickov. He as been a big lift to the club both on and off the pitch. Also notching in a few goals so far (what we have been missing since Lee Hughes left).

I believe we will finish round about 10th which I would have been happy with at the start of the season.

Onwards and upwards KTF!
hornbloweroafc
hornbloweroafc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down