The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should Martin Johnson stay on as England coach...?

+4
lostinwales
majesticimperialman
Shifty
maestegmafia
8 posters

Go down

Should Martin Johnson stay on as England coach...? Empty Should Martin Johnson stay on as England coach...?

Post by maestegmafia Sat 24 Sep 2011, 7:10 pm

Martin Johnson has not talked with the RFU regarding a new contract. His deal expires after the World Cup. England's campaign could end next weekend if they do not qualify for the knockout stages, but Johnson has not had discussions with the RFU about his future as team Manager/Head Coach.

Martin Johnson in The Guardian wrote:"I haven't thought about it, it's not an issue, I'm very happy with the situation; nothing's changed since day one when John Steele came in. There's never a dull day but I've really enjoyed the tournament so far. I think it's been a good World Cup."

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Should Martin Johnson stay on as England coach...? Empty Re: Should Martin Johnson stay on as England coach...?

Post by Shifty Sat 24 Sep 2011, 7:14 pm

I think he should stay, England did win the 6 Nations this season, and apart from the manner of losses in Dublin and Cardiff have looked pretty good this season.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Should Martin Johnson stay on as England coach...? Empty Re: Should Martin Johnson stay on as England coach...?

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 24 Sep 2011, 7:32 pm

I think he should stay, it was a slow start when he came in to the job but England have now started to play a lot better with a much younger side than ever before.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Sat 24 Sep 2011, 7:35 pm

He should stay. Its been done to death before but if anyone should go its other parts of the coaching team.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 24 Sep 2011, 7:38 pm

Not to make a joke of it, but does Johnson have a boss, haven't half the RFU resigned anyway, so who exactly could take the decision to sack him?
surely he is running the show now!
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 24 Sep 2011, 8:21 pm

Yes he should stay. We rode out the bad times and now good times are happening! England RWC 2011 Champions! (Not sarcastic)

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Sat 24 Sep 2011, 11:18 pm

Isn`t Martin Johnson technically Team Manager?I don`t think he holds Coaching certificates at any level[or did`nt].
Of course he can get in there at the coal face and teach forward Drills.
I think Certificates are a formality.I thought I read some where he had re-signed up[or was in negotiations]
With the inmates taking over the asylum ,you are probably right and his team is improving

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 24 Sep 2011, 11:19 pm

AlynDavies wrote:Not to make a joke of it, but does Johnson have a boss, haven't half the RFU resigned anyway, so who exactly could take the decision to sack him?
surely he is running the show now!
Its the RFU, there is always someone available to sack someone else.

Seriously though, I would retain him. The team appears on the up. Besides the general feeling is the team is still developing. This is a better team than the 2007 team (which over-reached magnificantly).

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sat 24 Sep 2011, 11:20 pm

Rome wasn't built in a day....
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Sep 2011, 10:30 am

i think he should stay and he will stay, especially if we go far in this world cup.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down