The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotland v Argentina match thread

+37
funnyExiledScot
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
emack2
Marky
robbo277
George Carlin
Cumbrian
Eclipse
HammerofThunor
EnglishReign
TheDukeofCool
nathan
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
maestegmafia
BATH_BTGOG
flyhalffactory
trebellbobaggins
lostinwales
Cowshot
majesticimperialman
Standulstermen
Gatts
greybeard
Dominic Dicoco
Redrage
Notch
Mad for Chelsea
rodders
justified sinner
Shifty
Cari
eirebilly
Scottish Optimist
SGD prop
Taylorman
Cymroglan
RuggerRadge2611
41 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Scotland v Argentina match thread - Page 2 Empty Scotland v Argentina match thread

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Sun 25 Sep 2011, 8:16 am

First topic message reminder :

Well here we go. The game is nearly upon us. C'mon Scotland!
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Scotland v Argentina match thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Scotland v Argentina match thread

Post by Dominic Dicoco Sun 25 Sep 2011, 9:10 am

Another Arg down

Dominic Dicoco

Back to top Go down

Scotland v Argentina match thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Scotland v Argentina match thread

Post by greybeard Sun 25 Sep 2011, 9:11 am

The Lobbe injury earlier smells.

He goes down and looks in pain. Meds come on and stay with him for a very long time and it looks like he might have to come off. All of a sudden Barnes is asked to confirm that he sees blood. A blood sub would have given Argentina a full 10 minutes to get Lobbe back up and running.

Replays show Lobbe coming acropper in a collision and hitting the deck. Nowhere near any studs or anything like that.

Headscratch

Last edited by greybeard on Sun 25 Sep 2011, 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 25 Sep 2011, 9:11 am

Whats the lowest half time score in RWC history? I remeber a 6-3 once involving Japan and i cant think of a lower one. This might win that award Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sun 25 Sep 2011, 9:11 am

Scotland level through Patterson

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sun 25 Sep 2011, 9:12 am

Low score but I'm enjoying the game.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sun 25 Sep 2011, 9:12 am

Scotland have to take advantage and keep up the intensity while arg are under the gun.
3 isnt enough. Get straight back and score.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Sun 25 Sep 2011, 9:13 am

Good game, better than the drivel Samoa Fiji game...could the Argies just stop getting injured

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Dicoco Sun 25 Sep 2011, 9:14 am

Roncero coming off by the looks off it. Sclezo is good but not Roncero.

Dominic Dicoco

Back to top Go down

Post by justified sinner Sun 25 Sep 2011, 9:15 am

Good man Jackson

justified sinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sun 25 Sep 2011, 9:15 am

Brilliant boot deserved to go in with the lead.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 25 Sep 2011, 9:15 am

Poor Argentina, they are again being decimated by injuries
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Redrage Sun 25 Sep 2011, 9:15 am

6-3 super kick from Jackson!

Redrage

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Dicoco Sun 25 Sep 2011, 9:16 am

Whats happened to Corletto? He was great in the last world cup.

Dominic Dicoco

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sun 25 Sep 2011, 9:17 am

[quote="Gatts"]Good game, better than the drivel Samoa Fiji game...could the Argies just stop getting injured[/quote

I wish I had stayed in bed it was a very disappointing encounter.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sun 25 Sep 2011, 9:17 am

HT: Scotland maybe a bit lucky not to concede a penalty at the death there, they lead 6-3.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Sun 25 Sep 2011, 9:18 am

I think the score represents a fair one. But Scotland seem to be winning the physical confrontation.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Sun 25 Sep 2011, 9:18 am

greybeard wrote:The Lobbe injury earlier smells.

He goes down and looks in pain. Meds come on and stay with him for a very long time and it looks like he might have to come off. All of a sudden Barnes is asked to confirm that he sees blood. A blood sub would have given Argentina a full 10 minutes to get Lobbe back up and running.

Replays show Lobbe coming acropper in a collision and hitting the deck. Nowhere near any studs or anything like that.

Headscratch

He didnt come off though so no mystery. Scotland deservedly in front but im not sure how Barnes is reffing the scrum. One penalty against Scotland when it seemed it was a slip and then Cross (is it at TH) clearly binds on Ronceros arm and yet wins the penalty.

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sun 25 Sep 2011, 9:19 am

Do you think so Radge? Argentina look to be dominating the breakdown and contact to me?
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 25 Sep 2011, 9:20 am

Dominic Dicoco wrote:Whats happened to Corletto? He was great in the last world cup.

He retired shortly after that I think.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sun 25 Sep 2011, 9:21 am

Not the best games with regards to trys being scored but Scvotland ahead 6-3. before the game i thought Argentina would be in the lead by 10+points aty half time.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Sun 25 Sep 2011, 9:21 am

The Argie fullback annoys me senseless. It seems they believe he has a decent boot and yet i cant recall him nailing a kick in either this or the England game.

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard Sun 25 Sep 2011, 9:21 am

Standulstermen wrote:

Headscratch

He didnt come off though so no mystery. Scotland deservedly in front but im not sure how Barnes is reffing the scrum. One penalty against Scotland when it seemed it was a slip and then Cross (is it at TH) clearly binds on Ronceros arm and yet wins the penalty.

He was about to come off, though, but then stayed on.

And the problem with the scrum is it's hard to pick a penalty when there are 4 players all pulling a fast one at the same time Whistle

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Sun 25 Sep 2011, 9:23 am

greybeard wrote:
Standulstermen wrote:

Headscratch

And the problem with the scrum is it's hard to pick a penalty when there are 4 players all pulling a fast one at the same time Whistle

I definately heard Barnes say something about the 'rules of the game' so he must have refused them the sub.

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard Sun 25 Sep 2011, 9:24 am

Standulstermen wrote:
greybeard wrote:
Standulstermen wrote:

Headscratch

I definately heard Barnes say something about the 'rules of the game' so he must have refused them the sub.

I think that was in response to a Scot complaining about the blood sub. I'll double check, maybe I'm misinterpreting it.

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Dicoco Sun 25 Sep 2011, 9:26 am

Notch wrote:
Dominic Dicoco wrote:Whats happened to Corletto? He was great in the last world cup.

He retired shortly after that I think.

Cheers. Didn't here about that.

Dominic Dicoco

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Sun 25 Sep 2011, 9:27 am

No not the breakdown mate, but Scotland seem to be winning the physical al battle. Its a bruising test match and Argentine have lost 2 guys. That's what I meant.

Argentina are domminating the breakdown but that's all because of numbers.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sun 25 Sep 2011, 9:27 am

I think Argentina was a bit hard done to with that last penulty, Barnes pinge Argentina for not releasing the player. Yet i thought he would have pinged Scdfotland for holding onh in the tackle.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Dicoco Sun 25 Sep 2011, 9:28 am

I think that was in response to a Scot complaining about the blood sub. I'll double check, maybe I'm misinterpreting it.

Yes thats what I heard it as.

Dominic Dicoco

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowshot Sun 25 Sep 2011, 9:30 am

Morining all.

Grim conditions!

Discipline Scotland please.

Cowshot

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard Sun 25 Sep 2011, 9:30 am

Yup, just checked, Barnes says "Yeah, there's blood on the knee", and crosses his arms to signal a blood sub, Kelly Brown says something to Barnes and he replies "That's the rules of the game"

Last edited by greybeard on Sun 25 Sep 2011, 9:31 am; edited 1 time in total

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Dicoco Sun 25 Sep 2011, 9:30 am

Missed drop goal by Arg. This game is close.

Dominic Dicoco

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Sun 25 Sep 2011, 9:34 am

Whats the betting the game will end tryless?

Quite some physical battle tho - and one that the scots are starting to edge

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sun 25 Sep 2011, 9:35 am

Magic from Evans!
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Redrage Sun 25 Sep 2011, 9:35 am

Lawson should be hooked right now. Idiot.

Redrage

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Dicoco Sun 25 Sep 2011, 9:35 am

Great kick up to Arg line, but Scotland failed to put enough pressure on

Dominic Dicoco

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Dicoco Sun 25 Sep 2011, 9:36 am

Arg worked well to get back, but seriously wrong optikn by Lawson

Dominic Dicoco

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Dicoco Sun 25 Sep 2011, 9:37 am

Arg medics earning their coin

Dominic Dicoco

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Sun 25 Sep 2011, 9:38 am

greybeard wrote:Yup, just checked, Barnes says "Yeah, there's blood on the knee", and crosses his arms to signal a blood sub, Kelly Brown says something to Barnes and he replies "That's the rules of the game"

Initially i thought the same but did they actually make the change? If so i missed it. Injury definitely didnt look a blood one though. It looked like ligaments

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sun 25 Sep 2011, 9:38 am

now Leguizamon limping, Argentina have really struggled with injuries this tournament

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard Sun 25 Sep 2011, 9:41 am

Standulstermen wrote:
greybeard wrote:Yup, just checked, Barnes says "Yeah, there's blood on the knee", and crosses his arms to signal a blood sub, Kelly Brown says something to Barnes and he replies "That's the rules of the game"

Initially i thought the same but did they actually make the change? If so i missed it. Injury definitely didnt look a blood one though. It looked like ligaments

The didn't make the change in the end, I think Lobbe decided to stay on. But if they needed another 10 minutes it was available to them.

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sun 25 Sep 2011, 9:42 am

Dominic Dicoco wrote:Arg medics earning their coin

Yeah you have to feel sorry for them. It was the same against England.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Sun 25 Sep 2011, 9:44 am

Scotland look to be getting on top, should win this.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard Sun 25 Sep 2011, 9:46 am

roddersm wrote:
Dominic Dicoco wrote:Arg medics earning their coin

Yeah you have to feel sorry for them. It was the same against England.

Not helped by Ledesma accidentally stamping on his own teammates! Doh

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowshot Sun 25 Sep 2011, 9:47 am

My word. What a grim attritional struggle!

Cowshot

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sun 25 Sep 2011, 9:47 am

It's to tight to call at the moment, I hope Scotland can pull something out, but both teams are cancelling each other out.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Dicoco Sun 25 Sep 2011, 9:48 am

Gray has played very well. Good lineout and carrying in loose. Hines is an experienced player to bring on though.

Dominic Dicoco

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 25 Sep 2011, 9:48 am

Remember, this would be it for Argentinas World Cup if they can't turn it around.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Sun 25 Sep 2011, 9:48 am

Hines on just at the right rime we have steppd on on the physicallity

Morning by the way everyone Yahoo ............... so nervous couldn't come on-line earlier
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sun 25 Sep 2011, 9:48 am

Good game considering the conditions.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominic Dicoco Sun 25 Sep 2011, 9:50 am

Ladesma 38! Didnt think he is that old. Looks it though.

Dominic Dicoco

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next