The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Strings Attached

+4
bogbrush
socal1976
Tenez
noleisthebest
8 posters

Go down

No Strings Attached Empty No Strings Attached

Post by noleisthebest Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:07 pm

Like it or not, tennis as a game is evolving.

Players are stronger and fitter. The game is played almost exclusively from the baseline. Rallies are longer, and the artistry of shot-making has shifted from the net to the baseline: soft hands have now become angle-creating wizards.
More than one factor contributed towards the ever changing but still ever fascinating and beautiful game.

Generations of players have come and gone, each lead by the prominent player,

Us fans obviously have preferrances and find it hard when somebody whose career we followed so closely hangs up their racquet.

Racquet!!!!

From Laver to Borg (sorry if I have skipped a few big names or eras , admit it's my dark territory, not quite a tennis history buff) from Becker to Sampras to Federer, Nadal...and now Djokovic, each have played with a different racquet.

Technology has advanced and changed that apparently same looking weapon quite a lot, hence the change in game.

Here's a very informative, interesting and detailed story of how STRINGS have changed and affected tennis:

http://espn.go.com/tennis/usopen11/story/_/id/6884768/us-open-why-rafael-nadal-salute-string

Thoughts and comments most welcome!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

No Strings Attached Empty Re: No Strings Attached

Post by Tenez Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:57 pm

Strings are so important. I remember the first time I played with Luxilon. I thought it was really weird and awful feel as I had been playing with natural gut most of my life. But then it really improved my game giving it more power and control.

new strings is a bit like special glues used in table tennis..they really made a difference at the end of the 1980s.

Those synthetic strings are the real reason for the death of serve and volley. Hewitt could return Pete's serve in his feet without having to stand so close to teh baseline like Agassi. That gives you more time to read the serve and wait till the ball loses speed to whack it back on the court. That simply coudl not be done with natural gut. But more importantly it gives the fit player a chance to time the ball better and turn what was a serious disadvantage (being in the trameline) into an advantage (a better opportunity to pass than being close to the baseline in teh center of the court.

I like the new strings cause they allow more spin and variation but they need to be kept in control by the choice of the balls (see my other post on Babolat).

The problem is that the organisers chose to slow things down to give more chance to the baseliners at a time technology was already evolving in favour of returners/and baseliners. This is why teh SVers disappeared in a flash and the new prospects like Roddick, Fish, Dent, Ancic, never achieved as much as we expected them to while Hewitt reaped all the benefits.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:26 pm

"The problem is that the organisers chose to slow things down to give more chance to the baseliners at a time technology was already evolving in favour of returners/and baseliners. This is why teh SVers disappeared in a flash and the new prospects like Roddick, Fish, Dent, Ancic, never achieved as much as we expected them to while Hewitt reaped all the benefits."

And why would the organisers do that? It almost sounds like an anti S&V conspiracy theory.
Personally, I find exclusive S&V is pretty boring to watch, but a lot of fun to play.
Any extremes are dull which is why, at least for me, all-court tennis rules, but not many players have enough athleticism and skill to pull it off successfully.

ALl-court game can be played on all surfaces and with all kinds of racquets, but having said that, the new technology does seem to encourage hard-hitting which is rubbish, I must say...

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:00 pm

I had a lengthy argument with you tenez on old 606 where you argued that the new strings were not the main reason the game had changed but slower balls and courts. I am glad that you have finally seen the error of your ways. Certainly, slower conditions play a role but the new luxis really help you on the passing shots and returns. The luxlons have allowed the cross court pass to become a relative easy shot off the forehand. In the past a behind the baseline on the dead run passing shot cross court was circus shot similar to hitting between your legs. Now it is almost routine especially off the forehand.

I play with a mix of natural gut and luxis, just like the pros. I use luxis in the main and the natural gut on the cross strings. I experienced the same thing as tenez the first two or three times I hit with luxis I hated them. I thought is this is what all the hype is about. But then i started taking bigger and bigger cuts on the ball, generating more spin as I was always a flat ball hitter. When you are going good the luxilons let you have both great spin and pace on the ball. At first the strings feel dead and they have less feel. But then you realize that you can basically swing as fast and as hard as you like and if you hit with a more western grip on the forehand the ball will spin tight like a top and drop in on almost the exact spot you like with tremendous work on the ball and pace. I love the luxis, I feel naked if i play without them.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:34 pm

"drop in on almost the exact spot you like with tremendous work on the ball and pace"

wow, socal, I wish my shots were that responsive!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:40 pm

socal1976 wrote:
I play with a mix of natural gut and luxis, just like the pros.

Laugh

And you almost sound like one!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:29 am

Tenez wrote:
socal1976 wrote:
I play with a mix of natural gut and luxis, just like the pros.

Laugh

And you almost sound like one!

Oh I forgot, since I don't agree with the self-proclaimed font of tennis knowledge, then therefore I lack the proper experience to offer my opinion. I apologize oh great swami of tennis knowledge.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:43 am

So they make it easier to play and all you need to do it talke a big hit and you can't go wrong.

Yes, sounds like 2011 tennis.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:20 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK3y7gpX2kQ&feature=related

First point summarises perfectly today's tennis with those new strings. Federer plays perfectly two high risk shots but they are overcome by a cross court passing shot that essentially require a good pair of leg and a big arm. And the crowd seem more impressed by the passing that the agressive high risk play.

This is why the risk is not paying off. Faster conditions, essentially faster balls would have made the passing much harder for Nadal....had he got to the ball.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:28 am

This AO 09 final by the way was teh worst in history in terms of rewarding the weaker player. Federer played superbly and should have won in 3 straight sets but they made it so easy for Nadal, easier than at the French cause his footwork was making the most of the gripping court while still providing enough slow conds to make things easy for Nadal.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:41 am

bogbrush wrote:So they make it easier to play and all you need to do it talke a big hit and you can't go wrong.

So that's what I've been doing wrong all this time...Where do I get the new racquet, then? (I won't get a Babolat, though on principle EVEN if I don't win another point !!!!)

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Fedex_the_best Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:23 am

noleisthebest wrote:
bogbrush wrote:So they make it easier to play and all you need to do it talke a big hit and you can't go wrong.

So that's what I've been doing wrong all this time...Where do I get the new racquet, then? (I won't get a Babolat, though on principle EVEN if I don't win another point !!!!)

Like how I will never change my Wilson. The ones which Fed uses is the one for me. As how I battled through my tennis elbow due to my earlier bad technique on the SHBH but refused to play a way Fed doesnt play Smile

Do I get an award for such supreme fan loyalty Smile

Fedex_the_best

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:32 am

Fedex_the_best wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:

Like how I will never change my Wilson. The ones which Fed uses is the one for me. As how I battled through my tennis elbow due to my earlier bad technique on the SHBH but refused to play a way Fed doesnt play Smile

I must say I still use the same Wilson, but now that Nole's switched to Head, I feel a bit of a traitor Run

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:29 am

Fedex_the_best wrote:Like how I will never change my Wilson. The ones which Fed uses is the one for me. As how I battled through my tennis elbow due to my earlier bad technique on the SHBH but refused to play a way Fed doesnt play Smile

Reminds me of 2008 on the Saturday morning Jonathan Ross radio show when he was saying to his producer, Andy, that he was disappointed Fed had lost at Wimbledon because of the 6 and all that, and especially because (and here he dropped to that hushed tone he always used to "confide" in something) "we play so similarly!".
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Fedex_the_best Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:49 pm

bogbrush wrote:
Fedex_the_best wrote:Like how I will never change my Wilson. The ones which Fed uses is the one for me. As how I battled through my tennis elbow due to my earlier bad technique on the SHBH but refused to play a way Fed doesnt play Smile

Reminds me of 2008 on the Saturday morning Jonathan Ross radio show when he was saying to his producer, Andy, that he was disappointed Fed had lost at Wimbledon because of the 6 and all that, and especially because (and here he dropped to that hushed tone he always used to "confide" in something) "we play so similarly!".

Somebody somewhere said that 'imitation is the best form of flattery'. Though I always liked Sampras, I was passionately drawn to tennis only due to Fed's magic. I started playing tennis in early 20s when Fed was at his peak and I copy his service motion, try to atleast have the same action on FHs and BHs and even wearing Fed's same Nike tees and using same racquets (all I dont have is bandana). I dont play tennis for the love of it - I play tennis for the absolute love of Fed's game. It helps that I absolutely match Fed's height and age... but I am sure, I shank many more balls than the Swiss 'shanky' Smile

Tell me is there a bigger fan that me - Nitb, what is the best that you have done... all others are too logical, including Tenez now with his Fed better than 2006 tapes.... Very Happy

Fedex_the_best

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:52 pm

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/566674-roger-federer-time-for-a-new-racquet

Federer may have to change to compete as he gets older. thumbsup

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:56 pm

Fedex_the_best wrote:
bogbrush wrote:

Somebody somewhere said that 'imitation is the best form of flattery'. Though I always liked Sampras, I was passionately drawn to tennis only due to Fed's magic. I started playing tennis in early 20s when Fed was at his peak and I copy his service motion, try to atleast have the same action on FHs and BHs and even wearing Fed's same Nike tees and using same racquets (all I dont have is bandana). I dont play tennis for the love of it - I play tennis for the absolute love of Fed's game. It helps that I absolutely match Fed's height and age... but I am sure, I shank many more balls than the Swiss 'shanky' Smile

Tell me is there a bigger fan that me - Nitb, what is the best that you have done... all others are too logical, including Tenez now with his Fed better than 2006 tapes.... Very Happy
As long as it does not border on obsessive-compulsive to mimic Fed, it is all right.

There are many Elvis fans who are very similarly 'dedicated'. Hug angel

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:37 pm

Fedex_the_best wrote:helps that I absolutely match Fed's height and age... but I am sure, I shank many more balls than the Swiss 'shanky' Smile

I am really passionate about the talent Fed has. It's something of a different planet. For 30 years I watched tennis and there was plenty of talents but one thing I noted is that the more talented they were the weaker mentally....bar maybe McEnroe. FOr once with Federer we have a serious and talented player that delivered...not as much as his talent should have in other circumstances and eras but delivered more than the rest. His talent was really worthy of 25 slams , 3 Grand slams easily and counting. The only thing is that he arrived in an era where more than ever, science and technology played a huge role in fighting Fed's genius.

But that actually makes his battle more enjoyable.

BTW, Fedex, I always used my best sense of observation and reason to analyse Fed's game and talent.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Fedex_the_best Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:47 pm

Tenez wrote:
Fedex_the_best wrote:helps that I absolutely match Fed's height and age... but I am sure, I shank many more balls than the Swiss 'shanky' Smile

I am really passionate about the talent Fed has. It's something of a different planet. For 30 years I watched tennis and there was plenty of talents but one thing I noted is that the more talented they were the weaker mentally....bar maybe McEnroe. FOr once with Federer we have a serious and talented player that delivered...not as much as his talent should have in other circumstances and eras but delivered more than the rest. His talent was really worthy of 25 slams , 3 Grand slams easily and counting. The only thing is that he arrived in an era where more than ever, science and technology played a huge role in fighting Fed's genius.

But that actually makes his battle more enjoyable.

BTW, Fedex, I always used my best sense of observation and reason to analyse Fed's game and talent.

I know Tenez, I was just kidding. I must say that I find your posts very informative and your views well thought-out. I make sure that I read all your posts even as I am not a regular to this forum.

And Laverfan, you will never have problems with me becoming obsessive-complusive etc etc - I am among the most docile creature you can find. My wifey likes Nadal and that drives me crazy but I forgive her Smile

Fedex_the_best

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:29 pm

Fedex_the_best wrote:I know Tenez, I was just kidding. I must say that I find your posts very informative and your views well thought-out. I make sure that I read all your posts even as I am not a regular to this forum.
Thank you! Bubbly

And Laverfan, you will never have problems with me becoming obsessive-complusive etc etc - I am among the most docile creature you can find. My wifey likes Nadal and that drives me crazy but I forgive her Smile

Isn't that typical? Even under my roof Nadal has got a fan....despite my best effort, my wife started to like Rafa since his clip with rihanna. Rolling Eyes

Just sad really!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:53 pm

Fedex_the_best wrote:
bogbrush wrote:

Well, I had many a mad moment being a Nole fan; tennis playing-wise I suppose my maddest thing was trying a double bakchand and liking it....except I keeep coming back to single one, it just feels so much easier. I suppose my level is so low, I don't need any "strength" in my shots, I'm more into Sanotoro's style, esp as I am self-taught, so you can imagine!
Another silly thing I tried this summer, just fo a laough, I actually tried to bounce the ball10+ ties before the serve just to see what the big deal was, and it was so unnatural to me as I do max2 bounces, but then pros level and club level are a universe apart, so different laws apply.
I remember also when Nole won his first AO, it was freezing and we had the roof done, the guys were tiling it and banging away....but they had nothing on me an my cheering.
Definitely the maddest experience was "going" to Wimbledon Centre court. I don't know if you were on 606v2 at the time, but I wrote a little summary of it on tennis.com last week, so here it goes:

This is what happened to me this Wimbledon.
Sunday 3rd of July 10 AM I run madly to the train station: I need to meet a John at Wimbledon train station at 12.00.
John is selling a pair to tickets for the finals at £500 each. Naturally, I can only afford (and need) one.
I get off the train. It's a beautiful, hot, blazing sunny day.
I am so excited, I smile with my eyes and tell everyone how happy I am.
I talk to a young man, a serviceman at the station: he tells me his mate is a tennis coach and also a mad fan.
Trains come 1, 2,3. John is late.
I ring his mobile and he reassures me he is on his way.
Another 2 trains. Sea of people walk past me and I remain the lone figure for the 5th time. Even the train guy is gone to the office.Well, I had many a mad moment being a Nole fan; tennis playing-wise I suppose my maddest thing was trying a double backhand and liking it....except I keep coming back to single one, it just feels so much easier. I suppose my level is so low, I don't need any "strength" in my shots, I'm more into Sanotoro's style, esp as I am self-taught, so you can imagine!
Another silly thing I tried this summer, just for a laugh, I actually tried to bounce the ball10+ ties before the serve just to see what the big deal was, and it was so unnatural to me as I do max2 bounces, but then pros level and club level are a universe apart, so different laws apply.
I remember also when Nole won his first AO, it was freezing and we had the roof done, the guys were tiling it and banging away....but they had nothing on me an my cheering.
Definitely the maddest experience was "going" to Wimbledon Centre court. I don't know if you were on 606v2 at the time, but I wrote a little summary of it on tennis.com last week, so here it goes:

This is what happened to me this Wimbledon.
Sunday 3rd of July 10 AM I run madly to the train station: I need to meet a John at Wimbledon train station at 12.))
John is selling a pair to tickets for the finals at £500 each. Naturally, I can only afford (and need) one.
I get off the train. It's a beautiful, hot, blazing sunny day.
I am so excited, I smile with my eyes and tell everyone how happy I am.
I talk to a young man, a serviceman at the station: he tells me his mate is a tennis coach and also a mad fan.
Trains come 1, 2,3. John is late.
Another 2 trains. Sea of people walk past me and I remain the lone figure for the 5th time. Even the train guy is gone to the office.Trains come 1, 2,3. John is late.
Another 2 trains. Sea of people walk past me and I remain the lone figure for the 5th time. Even the train guy is gone to the office.
The 6th train comes, and I know that John is on it, but have to walk up the stairs and meet him in the throngs: he looks a bit greasy, but I'm to elated to bother.
(I begin to shiver, literally as I type this. Amazing what physical sensations those memories bring back).
John and I walk to the gate. It's a happy walk, John listens to how much this all means to me, I tell him all about how Nole beat Tsonga, and how big the finals is. John tells me he saw the Tsonga match, I die a little.
We reach the gate: John produces the tickets, his passport and his card with which he bought the tickets,he looks nervous, but we get in.
He suggests we walk around a bit to looks less "suspicious" (by this stage, I begin to worry a tiny bit, but am so elated I'm in, the tiny voice of concern gets instantly smothered).
Then, I and John the cash and he hands me the ticket. John tells me he needs to sell the other ticket and people are offering him a £1000 already.
He wants to sell it to somebody who is already in with a ground pass. At this stage all his words are a blur, he is a smudge. I am so happy I give him a hug and thank him from the bottom of my chokingly stammering heart.

I'm in, and I'm free of John.

It's the final and Nole is in it. A Dream may come true today.

I'm looking for somewhere to buy water, but end up buying a programme and going to my seat.

It's not the most glorious of seats, I'm right up there under the covered area, slightly beneath commentators boxes. Many seats around me are vacant.

The brass band begins to play New York, New York. I smile.

I haven't had anything to eat and eat all my three apples at once. They should keep me going.

I look at "tourists" having photos taken at the bottom of the stands and decide against it. I have plenty of time. Besides, I'd feel a bit embarrassed. Maybe later, if I go mad.

I send a message to my guys on 606v2 and one to one of the blogs here. I am so happy I can't contain it, I have to share it with my fellow tennis dreamers.

I begin to feel like Cindarella. I still can't believe I'm there. I genuinely think that the chariot is going to turn into a pumpkin any minute. I really did think that.

I look around, still lots of empty seats, but even the filled one look empty. Further down I spot a pair of Nadal fans wearing Barca jerseys. I feel human again.

It's 13.55 and I hear a woman's voice addressing me from behind. She is wearing a security uniform and so is a man behind her. She ask for my ticket and I hand it to her in a "You talkin' to me" unbelieving fashion.

She nods smugly and ask me to leave with her. I have to leave the grounds and she will explain everything on the way. In the moment of utter disbelieving stupor I say: You are joking!
Mistake! The woman gets cold, unpleasant and says what I have "done" is illegal and I can be arrested if I don't cooperate.
Dressed in my white knee length pretty dress, pale pink baggy cardigan and white tennis shoes, I get up like an obedient, crushed daisy and follow her. In my racing, shocked, confused, still drunk with joy mind, I think everything will be sorted as a misunderstanding.
As we continue down the corridor and towards the gate, I quickly realise I have to leave.
John was caught trying to sell the other ticket to the very security guard woman. She says so and I believe.
I tell her who I am, how much I love Wimbledon, tennis and Novak Djokovic.The woman softens a bit but the man next to her looks sad for me.It makes me feel even worse.
As he gives me the retrieved cash back and take down my name and address, he advises me to go and join the "queue". He also says I have a good chance to see the match. For the third time that day I believe.
As I go out the gate (literally) the players enter Centre Court and I hear the crowds inside roar. I close my eyes and want to cry but the heart is numb and dry.

I walk down the road past the fence behind which the queue keeps going and going. 10 minutes and I'm finally at the back of the Queue. It must be at least a mile long. I get given a queuing card and ask about the best case scenario: the young woman handing the cards says I can get in in 6 hours, when the match is finished.
I turn on my heel and head home.
There are no tennis fans on the Tube. Louis and his daughter, my Mexican friends I met on the way to the match are now sitting in their debenture seats. I'm happy for them.
I change for my local train and as I walk up the stairs at Paddington station my eyes start to swell up with tears.

There you go.....I've got the ticket for net year's Men's singles final at the Olympics, it will be played on grass (at Wimbledon), I do hope Nole gets to that final....otherwise... Sad Sad Sad Sad

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Fedex_the_best Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:37 am

I was there at 606v2 so I have read this before but still - you poor thing Crying or Very sad But good that your guy won - he is not as good as Fed but still he is pretty damn good Smile

And Tenez, was that a clip with Rihana or Shakira? Did he do a gig with Rihana also?

But atleast your wife admits that she likes Rafa for his non-tennis stuff - I can easily understand girls liking Rafa for his pirate pants, vamos yells, bulging biceps, music videos etc but my wife tells me that she likes Rafa's tennis and she understands sports a bit! Surprised but what can you do:)

Fedex_the_best

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:42 am

Live with it Fed fans - it is called freedom of choice if people dare yes dare to prefer another player over Roger Federer.

It is by no means a crime or even in the least bit surprising just as it wasn't when:-

In the 1960's you had fans who preferred The Rolling Stones to The Beatles.

In the 1970's you had fans who preferred Jimmy Connors to Bjorn Borg.

In the 1980's you had fans who preferred Alain Prost to Ayrton Senna.

In the 1990's you had fans who preferred Andre Agassi to Pete Sampras.

All freedom of choice and should be applauded not frowned upon.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Fedex_the_best Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:09 am

I was just kidding CC - have far more important things in life than to frown on her liking for Nadal. She or anyone else can like ManU or even Sri Lankan Cricket team for all I care (nah, Sri Lankan cricket team would be a bit too much with chukers like Murali and Malinga Smile but you get what I am saying, right)

I am a die-hard Fed fan but as you say, its none of my business on whom anyone else likes!! I try and educate her sometimes but does a girl listen to a guy anymore Smile

But for me, I dont like Nadal tennis so I am generally very happy when Djoker beats him... for that fact alone, Djoker is becoming a player I like though I had always liked the brand of very aggressive tennis ala Sampras, Fed, Safin, even now Tsonga, Berdych, Gulbis etc etc...

Fedex_the_best

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:20 am

Fedex_the_best wrote:I was there at 606v2 so I have read this before but still - you poor thing Crying or Very sad But good that your guy won - he is not as good as Fed but still he is pretty damn good Smile

And Tenez, was that a clip with Rihana or Shakira? Did he do a gig with Rihana also?

But atleast your wife admits that she likes Rafa for his non-tennis stuff - I can easily understand girls liking Rafa for his pirate pants, vamos yells, bulging biceps, music videos etc but my wife tells me that she likes Rafa's tennis and she understands sports a bit! Surprised but what can you do:)

Must have been Shakira... Laugh I cannot tell them apart! They all fall into a bag I call "pop music".

Luckyly for me and my wife she dislikes those big muscles but became sensitive to his angel face.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:05 am

Tenez wrote:
Fedex_the_best wrote:I was there at 606v2 so I have read this before but still - you poor thing Crying or Very sad But good that your guy won - he is not as good as Fed but still he is pretty damn good Smile

Must have been Shakira... Laugh I cannot tell them apart! They all fall into a bag I call "pop music".

Luckyly for me and my wife she dislikes those big muscles but became sensitive to his angel face.

"angel face" Laugh Tenez, I feel for you there...

I'll probably die not knowing how anybody could find Nadal handsome...

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:39 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Tenez wrote:

I've never known a good-looking lady to find him handsome at all.. it's mainly the chavvy type who have said this Rolling Eyes
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:22 pm

Well he has something of the tamed bull! which certainly must please many women who secretly love the beast in men yet feel the beast can be tamed...

Women are complex...Wink

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:15 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
Tenez wrote:

I've never known a good-looking lady to find him handsome at all.. it's mainly the chavvy type who have said this Rolling Eyes

Phew, that's a relief ) !

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:17 pm

Tenez wrote:Well he has something of the tamed bull! which certainly must please many women who secretly love the beast in men yet feel the beast can be tamed...

Women are complex...Wink

If Nadal is a beast, then I'm blind....beasts don't wax their bodies, for a start...anyway,it's absolutely hilarious how your wife likes Nadal Laugh Laugh Laugh

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:25 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
Tenez wrote:Well he has something of the tamed bull! which certainly must please many women who secretly love the beast in men yet feel the beast can be tamed...

Women are complex...Wink

If Nadal is a beast, then I'm blind....beasts don't wax their bodies, for a start...anyway,it's absolutely hilarious how your wife likes Nadal Laugh Laugh Laugh

She still prefers federer though by a long mile. She is stunned by his elegance on the court...yet she doesn't play tennis and knows nothing about the sport.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down