The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wlad takes an enormous dump on his "legacy"

+13
Valero's Conscience
coxy0001
Super D Boon
Scottrf
wow_junky
ShahenshahG
Michaels, Sean
sodhat
Rowley
OasisBFC
manos de piedra
bellchees
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
17 posters

Go down

Wlad takes an enormous dump on his "legacy" Empty Wlad takes an enormous dump on his "legacy"

Post by Guest Thu 29 Sep 2011, 11:49 pm

If rumours are to be believed, Wladimir Klitschko is to take a steaming great dump all over his HW legacy....and from a very great height. Having supposedly sealed his greatness with his one sided win over David Haye, Wlad now looks to cement this by facing (drumroll please)..................Jean Marc Mormeck!

If someone would be kind enough to explain how the facing the man David Haye dispatched some 4 years ago is in anyway significant then I would be most grateful. I suppose the only opponent who could be considered worse than Mormeck would be Enzo Macc...but I gather big Enz is only holiday and doesn't want to pay the exhorbitant fees to change his flight plans.

How anyone is supposed to take Wlad seriously when he announces Mormeck as the next chapter in his legacy is beyond me. Granted the HW division is woeful but this takes the biscuit.

I previously wrote that I had no desire to see a rematch between Haye and Wlad or a fight with Haye and Vitali as Haye had done nothing to demonstrate he had made the necessary changes to suggest he had a chance of winning. However, I takke it back, all is forgiven and I'd rather see Haye dressed as a baked potato once more doing precisely the opposite of what he should be doing whilst paying £15 for the honour if Mormeck is the only viable alternative.

Dear God in Heaven!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Wlad takes an enormous dump on his "legacy" Empty Re: Wlad takes an enormous dump on his "legacy"

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 30 Sep 2011, 12:44 am

Nothing else out there for him.

Povetkin was lining up Evander before he fought Chagaev.

Chambers and Thompson are fighting an eliminator for the IBF title next month.

Solis is injured.

Arreola is still trying to get his weight down and won't get in the ring with one of the brothers until he is in better shape.

Dimitrenko is being kept away from the brothers because his people want Povetkin after he beats Holyfield.

Doesn't leave much else. Their is no one around to enhance his legacy.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Wlad takes an enormous dump on his "legacy" Empty Re: Wlad takes an enormous dump on his "legacy"

Post by bellchees Fri 30 Sep 2011, 1:24 am

I can't think of anyone better who is a viable option at the moment. Most of the guys are too young and inexperienced to be in with Wlad so are being kept well clear of a career ruining beat down. Everyone else he has already beat and I don't think any of his recent opponents really warrant a rematch.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Fri 30 Sep 2011, 1:42 am

Poor fight, but to be fair, hes beaten most of the credible options out there in the last few years. This highlights lack of options more than anything else. The likes of Povetkin, Hellenius and Dimitrenko dont want to face him anytime soon. Who is there to fight?

Got to say its a pretty extreme title for the thread aswell even from a confessed Klitschko skeptic like yourself Dave. Hes just off the back of schooling the supposed biggest threat to him in the division.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Fri 30 Sep 2011, 10:24 am

i heard about this a while ago, was hoping it didnt come off.
but yeah, i suppose theres no one else out there for him apart from the youngsters who are too green and realise quite rightly they are not ready.

someone like mormeck and the others who are at the end of their careers, fair play to them for giving it a go - if they do in fact give it a go and not become a human punch bag

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 30 Sep 2011, 10:28 am

Nature of long reigns there will be some guff in there, was the case for Louis and is damned sure the case for Ali and their legacies ain't suffering too greatly. Ultimately all you can ask of any champion is when they hang them up was there anyone they absolutely should have fought and failed to and obviously not easy to say whilst he is still active but there are not too many guys leaping out at me who this would apply to for Wlad.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Sep 2011, 10:40 am

Rowley, I fully appreciate your viewpoint (and that of the others) re a lack of credible challengers, but Ali had plently of quality names on his record before he went down the route of fighting absolute guff. Wlad doesn't have that luxury

For me, I feel Wlad would be better off saying, "Rather than face yet another shop-worn, blown up cruiserweight" I'll take time out until there's a more credible challenger out there for me." Why take on a guy who was demolished by Haye four years ago (and considered past his best when THAT fight took place)? Yes, it's arguable that any fighter after Haye is going to be seen a step backwards but for me, taking on Mormeck is taking even more steps back than facing the likes of the green Eddie Chambers or even the woeful Sam Peter (yes, I consider Mormeck's selection to be THAT bad).

Sorry, but me, this fight, actually does Wlad a dis-service and undoes a lot of the good work he put in in the run up the fight with Haye

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 30 Sep 2011, 10:46 am

To be fair though Dave given the state of the heavyweight division at the minute Wlad might be sat with his feet up for another four years if he waiting for someone credible to fight. I personally like the fact he is keeping busy and fighting what is out there. He does fight some rubbish and lining up Chisora was taking the slash a bit but when someone does emerge from the pack and put himself in a position where he "must" he faced as many felt was the case with Haye Wlad takes the fight and gets the job done, can't ask for much more to my mind.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Sep 2011, 11:07 am

But I fail to see how Mormeck falls into the "must" catagory. More like the "oh go on then, if I really must" catagory

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 30 Sep 2011, 11:12 am

Well he isn't in the must category, he is firmly in the guff category, but in the absence of anyone who is an absolute requirement I'll take this for what it is which is a keep busy, ticking over fight.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 30 Sep 2011, 11:14 am

DAVE667 wrote:But I fail to see how Mormeck falls into the "must" catagory. More like the "oh go on then, if I really must" catagory

I think that sums it up. There is no one out there that is seen as a legitimate threat, so it's almost a case of first come first serve, and fighting whatever is there. I couldn't name an opponent for him that would fit into any other category other than 'if I really must'.

Looks like that, or retire to me!

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Fri 30 Sep 2011, 11:15 am

he should rematch Haye at wembley, then fighta further 5 times in the year on an around the world tour. Take boxing to China, Dubai, Australia, South Africa and end it at Madison Square Gardens. They don't have to be tough fights but better than fighting guys at home at Schalke's ground.

I should be a promoter........
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 30 Sep 2011, 11:22 am

He should put a price tag on his head. 100% of the revenue if anyone beats him in his next 5 fights. No one will run away from him as 1 clean punch could mean silly money.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 30 Sep 2011, 11:28 am

ShahenshahG wrote:He should put a price tag on his head. 100% of the revenue if anyone beats him in his next 5 fights. No one will run away from him as 1 clean punch could mean silly money.

Can't see him being keen on that to be honest!

I think he's happy in his comfort zone, keeping people on the outside and not shipping big shots. He's always said that his brother is the 'true' fighter...

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 30 Sep 2011, 11:36 am

Personally I don't think Wlad needs to do anything differently, he is fighting regularly and winning at a canter, if someone establishes themselves as the man to beat he does it. People need to give the guy a break, he ain't the most exciting to watch but he is a gent and a credit to the sport. Isn't his fault the rest of the division is as weak as you would care to ever see it.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wow_junky Fri 30 Sep 2011, 11:43 am

Come on now Dave, you really think Wlad will "take time out" and miss out on a few million quid because there are no decent challenges?

I think you're still a bit sore about Wlad-Haye....

wow_junky

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 30 Sep 2011, 11:44 am

wow_junky wrote:Come on now Dave, you really think Wlad will "take time out" and miss out on a few million quid because there are no decent challenges?

I think you're still a bit sore about Wlad-Haye....
At least he braved it to return. Almost didn't, think he was heartbroken.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 30 Sep 2011, 11:55 am

sodhat wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:He should put a price tag on his head. 100% of the revenue if anyone beats him in his next 5 fights. No one will run away from him as 1 clean punch could mean silly money.

Can't see him being keen on that to be honest!

I think he's happy in his comfort zone, keeping people on the outside and not shipping big shots. He's always said that his brother is the 'true' fighter...

Yeh but it will end up making him a lot more money and there is no threat to him here. Unless Vitali goes for broke hahaha.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Fri 30 Sep 2011, 12:04 pm

Let's face it, who is crying out to be fought? Can't see why this fight is an "enormous dump" on his legacy. It won't negatively affect Wlad's legacy one bit. Then again it's not going to add that much either, only that he will add another former world champion on his CV.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri 30 Sep 2011, 12:12 pm

Who should he fight? Who should he fight?!?!!?!??!?

Two words:

Danny Williams

My "inside sources" say he's coming out of retirement and is already down to 220lbs in anticipation of calling out Fury with the winner getting Wlad. He's hospitalised 15 sparring partners, none of which have been able to cope with his new found speed and relentless punching.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri 30 Sep 2011, 12:14 pm

It's funny, I remember reading an interview with Mormeck circa 18 months ago where he was discussing his move to HW.

As with all past it boxers he still claimed he would get a shot at the title, which I imagine no one ever believed......fast forward a bit and you never guess what.....he's got a world title shot!!

Further cements the status of the current HW scene as poop!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 30 Sep 2011, 12:14 pm

coxy0001 wrote:Who should he fight? Who should he fight?!?!!?!??!?

Two words:

Danny Williams

My "inside sources" say he's coming out of retirement and is already down to 220lbs in anticipation of calling out Fury with the winner getting Wlad. He's hospitalised 15 sparring partners, none of which have been able to cope with his new found speed and relentless punching.

Classic laughing
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri 30 Sep 2011, 12:14 pm

coxy0001 wrote:Who should he fight? Who should he fight?!?!!?!??!?

Two words:

Danny Williams

I didn't think he was retired and had been fairly active lately?

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Fri 30 Sep 2011, 12:15 pm

Williams, eh. What colour is the sun in your world?

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Jukebox Timebomb Fri 30 Sep 2011, 2:02 pm

When I read the tilte I thought we were going to see an image of Wlad defecating over a picture of David Haye.

Jukebox Timebomb

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 30 Sep 2011, 2:05 pm

That would have been more interesting than Wlad vs Mormeck.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Fri 30 Sep 2011, 2:38 pm

He wanted Chisora once Chisora battered Fury. Except...

Fury doesn't want him yet. And I don't get the impression that the K-bros see him as credible (rightly) anyway.

Lest we forget, Boytsov has just come back from injury - but is apparently wanting to take his time until he shakes off the rust (looked good though in yet another stoppage win. I like Boytsov).

Helenius is probably next up after Mormeck - Wlad's team apparently wanted him now - but couldn't make the fight.

To repeat Rowley's point - what makes Mormeck less worthy than Abe Simon, or Johnny Davis or Lou Nova were for Louis?

It doesn't detract from the legacy - because he isn't fighting Mormeck to avoid fighting someone else. He's fighting him to keep busy, make money and please his German legion of fans.

I accept that it doesn't add significantly to his legacy - as a 1 sided beat-down - involving significant quantities of jab, jab, right cross (miss) hold, jab, jab, right cross land, jab... - looms ominously on the horizon.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 30 Sep 2011, 2:40 pm

Helenius is being lined up for Povetkin after Holyfield.

The fringe contenders look like they are going to fight each other and the brothers will need to feed off what's available to them.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 30 Sep 2011, 2:43 pm

prettyboykev wrote:Helenius is being lined up for Povetkin after Holyfield.

The fringe contenders look like they are going to fight each other and the brothers will need to feed off what's available to them.

Does appear so Kev, fear the fringe guys have realised there is more money in swapping the belt ridiculously stripped from Wlad than getting smacked around of either brother.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Fri 30 Sep 2011, 2:47 pm

rowley wrote:

Does appear so Kev, fear the fringe guys have realised there is more money in swapping the belt ridiculously stripped from Wlad than getting smacked around of either brother.

They're probably right too.

I'd heard (rumours) that Helenius was Vitali's next target if the Haye fight fell through. Interesting call from Povetkin's team. First meaningful fight since Chambers.

Thompson and Chambers are in severe danger of getting a second fight against Wlad so they can get battered for a second time. Wlad isn't keen apparently.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 30 Sep 2011, 2:53 pm

oxring wrote:
rowley wrote:

They're probably right too.

I'd heard (rumours) that Helenius was Vitali's next target if the Haye fight fell through. Interesting call from Povetkin's team. First meaningful fight since Chambers.

Thompson and Chambers are in severe danger of getting a second fight against Wlad so they can get battered for a second time. Wlad isn't keen apparently.

The winner of Thompson-Chambers will be Wlads mandatory which gives the excuse to make the fight in which is another straight forward defence for Wlad.. Vitali was keen on fighting Helenius it's Helenius's and Povetkins people who want them to fight each other.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Fri 30 Sep 2011, 3:10 pm

Povetkin is the biggest disgrace in the division and I seriously dont see how the WBA se fit to award him some second rate belt. He should have fought one of the Klitschkos years ago but instead denied others their mandatory spot while he dithered around doing his best to actually avoid having to fight them. Now that he has his "regular" belt we can probably xpect him to face the Hlyfields of the division until the Klitschkos retire. If he was young or inexperienced I might have sympathy but hes almost 33.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 30 Sep 2011, 3:17 pm

Manos I used to stick up for him. When he pulled out of the Vitali fight Teddy Atlas said he asked him to because he had just started working with him and he never felt he was ready. That was fair enough in my mind Atlas wanted to see where he was at before throwing him in against either brother. That was nearly two years ago now.

Unfortunately he has decided Holfield is the way to go so I can no longer defend him. Personally I want to hear what Atlas has to say about it he has always been very vocal about his disapproval of Holyfield continuing his career. It would be interesting to see if he tried to justify it.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Fri 30 Sep 2011, 3:24 pm

I just cant understand why he wont go for it. After his IBF tournament he was all set. I apreciate the view that theres no point throwing a guy in with a Klitschko if he isnt ready but how much better do they expect him to get? Even if he loses to Klitschko its not like his career is over.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 30 Sep 2011, 3:36 pm

I think Atlas was more concerned about the fact he had just started working with him and wanted to tweak him slightly. Like I said no excuse now.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jukebox Timebomb Fri 30 Sep 2011, 4:39 pm

Povetkin sees the risk of fighting a Klit as too much. He would rather risk hanging around fighting 2nd raters until the brothers retire. It is quite a unique situation with the Klit's, where they are so much better than the opposition contenders simply don't want to fight them.

Jukebox Timebomb

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 30 Sep 2011, 7:13 pm

If true it's scandalous and for the first time in years I agree with the author on something...

Bit like Tyson taking on Carlos deleon..

But who will care??.. as Boxing seems so insignificant to the sports media these days!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down