The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man Utd vs Norwich Preview

Go down

Man Utd vs Norwich Preview Empty Man Utd vs Norwich Preview

Post by ncfc_Tooze Fri 30 Sep 2011, 10:14 am

Manchester United Vs Norwich
Premier League
KO-3pm 1/10/11
Stadium-Old Trafford
Listen-on Local radio and BBC 5 Live

United Team News
Rooney and Hernandez are both fit to play. United are also hopeful that Jonny Evans will be fit to play. Vidic,Cleverley and Smalling should be fit after international break to play against Liverpool.

Possible Starting 11
De Gea,Fabio,Ferdinand,Jones,Evra,Nani,Anderson,Fletcher,Young,Rooney,Hernandez,

Norwich Team News
James Vaughan will be out for 2-3 months with a knee injury pcked up in win over Sundeland.Korey Smith will also be out for a few months with an ankle injury. Other long term Absentees Ayala and Ward and Whitbread are all still out of action
Richie De Laet will be sitting out against his parent club as part of the deal

Possible starting 11
Ruddy,Naughton,R.Martin,Barnett,Tierney,Johnson,Fox,Bennett,Pilkington,Hoolahan,Morison

Notes from press conference
PL on Man Utd: It will be really hard game, as tough as they come. But if you don't want to play in games like this there's something wrong
PL: They are a really top, top side but we have earned the right to be here and we'll give it a right good go
PL on beating Man U as a player with Dortmund in 1997 in Champs Lge: I played with a brilliant side, I had some great players round about me
PL on Sir Alex: What he has done is nothing short of phenomenal at United. I'm pretty sure we won't see the likes of it again.
PL on Ruddy: I think he's been brilliant last season and again at the start of this one. John has made big big saves for us and that's vital
PL on Vaughan: He's been so unlucky and its a blow because he's been looking v.good. But he's a strong lad, we'll do everything to help him
PL confirms at colney this morning republic of ireland are looking at marc tierney.Also franco baldini is keeping tabs on john ruddy for england
Russ Martin: It's up to us to give the best possible performance we can and that's what we will be looking to do, to give ourselves a chance
Russ Martin talks to media ahead of City's visit to Old Trafford http://yfrog.com/nvb96rsj

Last Meeting
Was a 2-0 win for Norwich at Carrow Road with goals coming from Dean Ashton and Leon Mckenzie on April 9th 2005

Last time at Old Trafford
Was a 2-1 win for United on August 21st 2004. The United goals coming from David Bellion and Alan Smith and the norwich goal coming from Paul Mcveigh

Current records
United
Currently top of the league with 4 wins and 1 draw from last 5 games in the league, However drew this week in champions league action

Norwich
Currently 9th with 2 wins, 1 draw and 2 losses from last 5 games

Officials
Referee: S Attwell. Assistants: S Long, A Watts
Fourth Official: C Foy
Match Delegate: R Jobson
PGMO: P Jones/M Pike

Match odds with 888 bet
United Win 1/6
Draw 11/2
Norwich Win 16/1

ncfc_Tooze